Post pics of your home snake room! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #61
PowerBallPythons
Wow, I love that. Is it ebony wood?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #62
preacher
Well I think you may be a bit surprised by the racks I built but hey they work well and all are heated. They are steel racks from Wally World and have heat tape under the hide portion of the enclosure with the bottom insulated with 1/2" foam board. The baby rack was made from two plastic shelving units from Lowes and the incubator is an old bird medic unit I had from breeding Moluccan Cockatoos years ago before I sold everything and became a Pastor. The room is 22' x 24' with a vaulted ceiling. The top tubs are our dubia for the dragons we also keep. Half the room is for our snakes 1/4 for the dragons and 1/4 for the rodent freezer and other supplies.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 AM   #63
R. Eventide
Yep, I use those same metal racks with heat tape. Work like a charm! I don't have the insulation, though. I've become part-reptile down here, so my place is usually kept rather warm.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #64
Randy F
here is a couple updated pictures of the new snake building from hell. I say from hell because my "friend" that was pouring the slab did not know when I said a 4" slab that he had to put a footing down for the wall because he does freeway concrete......did I mention it was as smooth as a freeway! So after that cost me an extra $600 to fix, my "buddy" was going to take care of me on the building. It was SUPPOSE to be me and him building it to save me money but he showed up with his guy. Just got the bill which was $1300 more than I told him I had a quote for. Why is it so easy to find someone to screw you and so hard to get love?
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #65
RonzRoyalz
Humm, is constructing a building in your backyard in city limits authorized?? Sarcasim..
Looks really good Randy!! Bet your itching to get in there and do the fun stuff.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #66
MrBig
Looks good Randy, I can't beleive he wouldn't know about a footer. How did you get that fixed for $600? As far as over the quote, here in PA any changes to the original bid must be on a Change of Work order that is a legally binding contract signed by both parties. This is per the national code adopted by most states in 2010. Now I know Cali is funky on regulations, certifications and everything else, so not sure if this applies there. Is the electric ran? Is that a flat roof on there? Don't think I've ever seen corrugated used as soffit before. I must say I envy you though, would be much nicer to have a seperate building that is dedicated to all things reptile. Instead it's strewn all about my house.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #67
mgoblue347
Very jealous Randy, apart from the confusion the building looks great.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #68
GREGORY J HALL
pics from tonight

RBIs almost full
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #69
Randy F
its been taking awhile because I have been so busy. When you get up at 3am to be to work by 4:30 then pull 10 hour shifts, get home coach little league and take care of animals building is SLOW going! Fully insulated and part of the drywall is in. I will send more pictures in a week or so.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #70
radera5
Really nice Randy. A bummer to hear about your "friend" lol.

Great looking building though. Oh, and +1 Karma for coaching little league!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!