Getting back into BP's - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #71
hupababy_83
I did that when I had boas. Started with a normal, then 3 different motifs followed fast. That's why I'm trying to decide what I really want. I don't have room for a rack of tubs. So I need to limit myself, and find that BP that I can't live without. And stop listening to that little voice that's whispering "more more MORE" in all honesty if I go with tubs I have room for a few. However I'll have to save for the heating, thermostat, tub, etc etc etc. Plus I need to put money back for emergency vet stuff, I've been in a spot where I couldn't afford a vet and it sucks. I won't do that to an animal again. Then comes the actual purchasing of the animal. So I have some time to actually search, and be 100% positive I found my forever pet. So please keep showing me your snakes and giving me advice. I appreciate it all.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #72
hupababy_83
Morphs not motif! Ugh I hate auto correct!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #73
scosta56
Yea the start up costs can be pricey ,but the price of some of the morphs are so expensive you really don't wanna skimp. I use a boaphile rack and my thermostat is a spyder robotics herp stat 1. They both do a nice job. If I could I'd make my own racks, but I'm not that crafty. Not to mention I have two pit bulls who would wanna help and God only knows what that rack would look like. Maybe half chewed lol. It all comes down to what you can afford. I have seen some real nice racks on here. Not to bad on price either cheaper then what I paid boaphile. Racks aren't to bad on space either. My rack is the size of a book shelf.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #74
scosta56
My normal girl Onyx and my spider het pied poss het hypo Widow
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #75
EmeraldBoid
Start up on BPs is a lot cheaper than start up on other species...probably my cheapest project out of the other six species I keep.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #76
scosta56
I believe it. Especially the venomous species. Balls are so easy.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #77
hupababy_83
Is there a good thread on DIY tubs and racks? I can't get search on TAPATALK to work very well.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #78
hupababy_83
I'm finding a bunch of classifieds involving tubs but no how to's

Old 10-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #79
coldbloodaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupababy_83 View Post
My daughter asked about the leucistics. How much do they normally run? And do they have health issues like some albino do?
Albinos do not have any health issues...

Butter/Lesser x Butter/Lesser can produce bug eyed Lucys.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:49 AM   #80
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupababy_83 View Post
I'm finding a bunch of classifieds involving tubs but no how to's
A how to on tubs? Just buy them at a department store, or do you mean racks? If so it's pretty simple...get at least three legs, a board to serve as a lid for each tub, put the first tub at the bottom, put the board on top of it, attach the legs, move that tub on top of the the board you just made, add second board, attach it, rinse and repeat until done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!