Getting back into BP's - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #81
hupababy_83
I meant a how to for proper set up. I don't want to melt the tubs with wrong UTH, or heat tape, etc. But I think I found a good YouTube video.

I ask about health issues a lot because I've read about albinos (in all species) having health problems, and those animals that carries the albino gene.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #82
scosta56
I have had no issues with any albinos I have owned. The only issue I ever had was when I bought my last albino from a breeder on here... She came to me with these black things stuck right above her eyes. Took her to the vet and it was a stuck shed that dried and shriveled up around her eyes. Vet pulled them off and the next shed she was perfect. Thats more husbandry issues from the breeder though. It wasn't a defect the animal was born with. I think you might be thinking about albino carmels with kinking issues. Other then that I never heard anything regarding albinos having health issues.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #83
bcr229
Also keep an eye on Craigslist and your local Facebook reptile groups for rack/tub setups for sale. You can find nice used ones at 1/3-1/2 the cost of new. The same goes for the larger enclosures, they're pricey to ship, but if you have cash and a truck you can find screaming deals.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #84
hupababy_83
Any thoughts about these http://www.reptiletubs.com/main.htm

Old 10-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #85
scosta56
Are you building your own rack to use with these ?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #86
hupababy_83
I haven't decided yet. I'm researching all options.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:31 AM   #87
Helenthereef
I think the health problems you are associating with albinos are related to too much inbreeding - because the albino gene is recessive if you breed 100% albino to 100% albino you are more likely to have health problems in their offspring. It's not that there is a problem with an albino produced from a more varied cross breeding.

Breeders please correct me if I am wrong or over-simple....

Old 10-22-2014, 02:30 AM   #88
hhmoore
Her experience is with boas; and there is an issue associated with the Kahl strain albinos. I've seen a lot of theories about the cause; but I haven't paid much attention over the past few years, so I don't know if there is a definite answer.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #89
Dennis Hultman
If you want to build your own cages, snake racks, rat racks, etc., I suggest taking a look at Clay's site.

http://www.arbreptiles.com/

Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #90
hupababy_83
Thank you all for replying. And I'm checking out Clays site now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!