Pixel Pied x Black Pastel Pied update - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #81
Dafuzzy
I'm by no means an expert, but would mimicking wounded prey using the tongs work perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Old 09-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #82
phoenix-cry
I do the zombie dance.

They strike they are just clearly trying to get the fuzzy to 'go away'. The two not eating huff and puff when the tub is opened a bit while the eating ones just sit there. The two not eating don't seem to feel secure...maybe a different kind of hide?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #83
Dafuzzy
A more snug hide perhaps?or maybe feeding them at night in the dark(using a dim red light to see if you want to skip the stumbling around in the dark routine) since they are nocturnal by nature?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #84
phoenix-cry
A red light is a good idea. I will give that a try. I've tried night feeding but I've always needed some light on in the room.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:48 AM   #85
Pasodama
You may have to try live to, at least, get them started.
If they take live, you can, then, try to convert them over, to f/t, after a few (or more) feeds.
Once they start eating, consistently, (if they take live) it will be easier to get them on f/t than starting out with f/t.

Of course, if you want to continue trying f/t, you can try scenting the f/t fuzzies with different things. Such things as (depending on what you can get) tuna, chicken, chicken bullion broth, bird feathers, a live rat/mouse or its bedding, etc.

Make sure the babies are not handled, unless it is really necessary, and that they are in as much of a stress free environment as you can provide.

If the babies do not take their feed, off of tongs, just place it in the snake's coils (or centered to the snake) and leave it there. Check back, after an hour or two (or even overnight, if necessary), to see if the snake has eaten.

Feed items should be very warm (am sure you know this).

Do not offer feed each day or every other day.
Each feed attempt should be separated by some days.

If absolutely nothing works, after a bit of time, you could try assist feeding.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #86
Dafuzzy
Yeah I'm about as coordinated as a bull in a fine China shop if I can't see!😁

Old 09-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #87
phoenix-cry
I wanted to try to see if anyone had a few more tricks before I moved to live but I will go there before letting them lose any weight. They were born in the 70 gram range so they have a good start (even the late one was 68 grams).

I don't handle them at all now that I've moved them to their own tubs. I tried leaving the fuzzy both in their coils and just near by, no go.

I will give scenting with tuna a try.

I will absolutely try live feeding before assist feeding! They are only two weeks old and like I said nice and fat.

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #88
phoenix-cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafuzzy View Post
Yeah I'm about as coordinated as a bull in a fine China shop if I can't see!😁

I have about that same coordination even with the lights on....

Old 09-28-2016, 12:04 PM   #89
Dafuzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post
I wanted to try to see if anyone had a few more tricks before I moved to live but I will go there before letting them lose any weight. They were born in the 70 gram range so they have a good start (even the late one was 68 grams).

I don't handle them at all now that I've moved them to their own tubs. I tried leaving the fuzzy both in their coils and just near by, no go.

I will absolutely try live feeding before assist feeding! They are only two weeks old and like I said nice and fat.

Thanks!
Whichever method ends up working, I look forward to reading about your success!

Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #90
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix-cry View Post

Thanks!

I agree, you do still have time, to work with them, before getting too worried.

The mention, of assist feeding, was meant for after you have exhausted all avenues and is a step before moving on to what should be the absolute last resort (which would be force feeding).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!