New ball pythons morphs/mutations - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 AM   #51
evansnakes
www.ralphdavisreptiles.com click on the journal to see the day by day record or the birthing record page to view his season at a glance

a couple more new ball pythons this week. there has never been an animal like the ball python when it comes to genetic mutations and potential future genetic projects. E

Old 06-21-2005, 03:12 AM   #52
stupidclauton
hey evan did you 2 tone ever prove to be genetic?

Old 06-21-2005, 07:10 AM   #53
The BoidSmith
What have you guys heard about that "derma" ball? They had pictures in KS and according to their claims it has no scales. It's that even possible? The pattern was very interesting.

Regards

Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #54
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
The problem the axanthic has is simple, they look like crap when they grow up. Bright blue to purple as babies, while most adults look normal (and ugly) and so many normals look like they are axanthic. It has really kept the mutation out of many collections (including my own). They make snows, but who really cares that much about snows anymore now that we have leucistics? They are white, like people wished the snows would be and they have awesome eyes (blue more so than black, but both look good from here). If somebody could just take a few years to refine the gene and try to get a better and better end product it would be great. I really think the true ghost (axanthic hypo) will be a good looking animal and if it is it will drive the axanthic gene the same way the pastel ghost drove the hypos back.
i really like the Axanthics... i mean Pieds are cool and all, but i dont like em as much as Ghosts and Axanthics for some reason.... *shrugs* i love the High golds ralph has too... theyre super gorgeous..

Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 AM   #55
hill4803
The "crystal ball" on the forum over at KS has got my attention! Never seen anything like it, very nice looking snake.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 PM   #56
The BoidSmith
This is what I was talking about. Anyone has any info on this new morph?
Quote:
The Derma Ball “aka” Scaleless Ball Python / Sibling Project
USA
Posted by JOHN (Contact Me!) on June 21, 2005 at 08:54:22
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2005-02-24
View Ads (1) | This Category Only (1)
Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!
Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

(The above pictures are of Justin Savkov’s Derma Ball with its 3. siblings)

The Derma Ball “aka” Scaleless Ball Python / Sibling Project

A couple weeks ago Justin Savkov returned from Africa with the Derma Ball Python aka Scaleless Ball Python and all the siblings from the Derma clutch (siblings 3.2). This is the only ball python of its kind in the world! The Derma and .2 are not up for sale but we acquired by contract the 3 male siblings. This is a simple recessive project similar to the Albinos with all your hets and possible hets etc. So you know how valuable those 3 males are in producing Derma Balls. This project comes with full papers and a genetic guarantee.

This will be one of the hottest ball projects this decade. Buy into this project as a breeding partner or an investor and own ˝ of the 3 male Derma Ball siblings and everything that’s produced for life. We are accepting serious offers over 35k and a signed confidentiality agreement along with a financial statement will be required. Financing available for those who qualify.

* Sorry but no trades will be accepted.

Thank you,
John
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2005, 01:11 AM   #57
evansnakes
1) they have no way to know that it is a simple recessive gene. the babies born in africa are collected gravid, they have no idea what produced the eggs.

2) I would be willing to wager that it is not reproducable. It is not a "designer ball python morph" it is a birth defect. As Al said on the kingsnake thread, it probably should have been frozen. It is a flawed animal that will only lead to more defects down the line, like missing eyes on albino boas and albino burms.

3) it looks horrible, the name is terrible, a really lack-luster project all the way around. If it were a good investment, you can bet that one of 2 or 3 people who was offered it first would have bought it. Every unique ball in Africa gets offered to the elite people who buy high end stuff and large lots of normal babies from over there that have been doing so for years. I would be willing to also bet that BHB, RDR and others were offered that animal and turned it down before this guy bought it. We'll just see how many burn victim balls there are in a few years.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #58
evansnakes
I have not produced from the two tone yet. I hope she produces later this season. I bred a couple good males to her so that if I get no first generation 2 tone offspring I will have a good reason to raise them up and even if they prove not to be a reccessive 2 tone gene, I will produce worthwhile animals from future breedings so I don't waste several years and end up empty handed. Evan

Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 AM   #59
The BoidSmith
I absolutely agree with you on that one Evan. I just can’t even imagine that animal trying to shed. Can you picture that in your mind?

Regards.

Old 06-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #60
evansnakes
Years back, there were scaleless water snakes. A group was found in an isolated area, so it would be my guess they had inbred until scale-lessness occured and Eric Thiss had them for years. They were really ugly and I recall him having poor luck with them and now they are just a memory.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!