New ball pythons morphs/mutations - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2005, 02:12 AM   #61
Chris@TSE
I got SPAMMED with that garbage too. I'm surprised anyone would pay it any attention considering anyone who must resort to SPAM is not worth a second of my time nor anyone elses.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 PM   #62
The BoidSmith
Talking Yahoo!

Second clutch from "Silver ghost" laid today with "Chicago girl". Just as a curiosity this girl had probed 6 and 7 scales on each side. She was almost culled from the collection until I decided to try the ultimate sexing, put the animal with a male! It works!

Regards.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:48 PM   #63
The BoidSmith
Talking

Here are the eggs! The moist perlite is actually under the mesh. This technique has given me invariably good results.

Regards.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #64
Watever
Just want to go back a few post again lol !

The Spider is Dominant and not co-dom. There is no difference between the het form and the homo form (super).

Markus Jayne in Canada got that little baby
It's a Super Pastel Pewter.
I hope he doesn't mind that I post picture

A side with a pewter pastel

Old 06-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #65
Watever
Oh and here is the link to the forum he posted
http://www.reptilescanada.com/forums...ead.php?t=2782
and his website
http://www.ballpython.ca/

Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM   #66
Watever
Don't know if any one saw Ralph Davis website, but he is having clutch from Double Het Lavender Albino Piebald.
So he have 1/16 of chance to hit it. He did the samething last year but didn'T get it. Now he have more clutch, hope he get it .

Old 07-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #67
JamesBryan
Good thinking breeding your two tone to other morphs first

Quote:
Originally Posted by

<snip>The two tone has been bred this year for the first time. I bred her with a couple males. A hypo and a pastel. This way if she proves to not be dominant (which would be an unlikely outcome in my opinion anyhow) I am not raising babies of no potential to breed back. If she produces, if they hatch and if I raise them up and breed them back because they came out without looking "two tone" [B
at least they are pastels or het hypos that I would raise for future breeding anyway[/b]. That assures me that even if the two tone project dead ends in failure in a few years I did not watse the effort of raising normals.
(emphasis added)

We used the same reasoning when we bred our Bullseye (reproducable) to Pastels. The Bullseye trait appears to be dominant but in itself is not all that flashy. It makes the Pastels look great though. A Bullseye to Bullseye cross increases the white, but still is not a knock out snake on it's own. They are useful for making other morphs prettier.

The bullseye white spot is not unheard of. Our original female just happened to pass it on to 100% of her offspring clutch after clutch. Now we have bred it into a Graziani Pastel and it makes the Pastel hold it's color better and increases the white and yellow.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #68
evansnakes
So how about a bunch of "I told you so credits" for me now that the pastel pied has hatched? C'mon. I told you guys the pied was just a simple recessive like others and that combo morphs would happen. A friend of mine may have albino pieds this season.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:09 PM   #69
The BoidSmith
Evan

Remember that we were mainly talking about recessive (such as albino pieds) and not co-dominant traits. These might still manifest themselves in the non-white portion of the pied. Who produced it? One way or the other it will be one of those instances where one feels great satisfaction by being proved wrong!

Old 07-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #70
JamesBryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Evan

Remember that we were mainly talking about recessive (such as albino pieds) and not co-dominant traits. These might still manifest themselves in the non-white portion of the pied. Who produced it? One way or the other it will be one of those instances where one feels great satisfaction by being proved wrong!
Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the logic.

As far as the albino pieds, we will be trying to produce some also; but, there is some theory behind why it would not work. The piebaldism is dependant upon the interferance of pre-melanin substances not being trasfered through mast cells to the skin (you genetisists please correct any errors). If the amelanistic trait removes the ability to produce melanin there would be no melanin to transfer to the island sections of the piebald and no pre-melanin substances to be interfered with as far as migration to the skin. So it might not happen as one might think that there would be albino islands on a white snake. Until we see one, we don't know. We will be trying ourselves knowing it may cancel the piebaldism. This is just my .02 playing devils advocate. Those far more informed would have better arguments than I for either side. We are giving it a shot. We think decades down the road though. If it works than you would want to be on the front side. If it doesn't, we have other projects like most people that are going to take a few generations to see what is possible. The offspring would not be worthless if it did not prove out. Perhaps the two are incompatable but the two traits may show up side by side in the same clutch, just not together on the same animal. We didn't get to see such outstanding animals that we have seen over the last 5 years unless someone took the risks. I applaud the risk takers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!