is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #51
harrellharrell
Yes MK will be there. Table #735. That's what the vendor list on the Daytona website says anyway.

Melissa

Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 AM   #52
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBILBY
Oh and by the way here is another ad right here on Fauna for $800.00 male Mojaves and male Spiders for $950.00.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=25555
That was posted yesterday......look around BEFORE MKR posted theirs for that price, you won't find any like that. People figure they better unload what they have now.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #53
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I am also curious to see how many of the people that think MKR did nothing wrong by unloading 50 mojaves at dirt cheap prices a week prior to Daytona actually has a significant amount of money tied up in BP morphs?
It's no secret that I don't have any. I've stated many times that I think the BP market is unrealistically high. I have a set idea in my mind about how much I'll pay for ANY snake. It's not whether I can afford it or not. And no it doesn't mean I don't love my snakes and this hobby as much as somebody who pays 1000's or even 10,000's for one. I do see a few posts where well known breeders don't seem to have a problem with it, so it's not just "poor" people who are siding with the free market concept, and that think you can still make very good profit with these things even if it's not at a 10,000% profit margin.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #54
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
That was posted yesterday......look around BEFORE MKR posted theirs for that price, you won't find any like that. People figure they better unload what they have now.
I thought I was the jaded, cynical person. You can probably go back any year before any expo (especially the biggest one) and find many similar sales. People have a set amount for what they put aside or are willing to spend at these things. It's the "american way" to try and get a hold of that money before it gets in that room with 150 (or whatever the numbers are)other tables. That sale MKR had was a blip, sold them before most even knew what was going on. The people who bought them were either people scooping them up because they knew they could turn around and make close to a 50% profit on them the next day, which I doubt was any, reading this thread, because it seems the complainers don't really think they are worth what they say or they would have done just that, or maybe as soulsmilen mentioned......greed, there was no 3 or 4 figure profit margin so forget 50% that is indignant. The other buyers, IMO are people who would not have bought them at the current "worth" under any circumstances. JMO, and since I don't own any five figure snakes, I'm sure it's easy to write me off as jealous or whatever, if that makes all the ranters feel better. I do know for a FACT that several big breeders who do, think this is much ado about nothing.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #55
Cat_72
LOL, jaded and cynical? That's kind of amusing.

Sure, you saw sales before "the biggest one", but not like this. And if it was but a "blip", I don't think that we would have suddenly seen so many other folks drastically dropping their prices either. But then, for the MOST part, those that have dropped their prices to the same level are probably those that thought they were going to make a whole load of money off from them, and are panicking. No one said it was "poor" people complaining. I don't own the "five figure" snakes you keep talking about, I already stated I scrimped and saved to buy what I have. It has been stated repeatedly that no one who knows anything about the market expected to make 3 or 4 figure profit margins, but perhaps you missed that part of the posts. It keeps being insinuated that everyone who kept Mohaves or Lessers were completely ignorant about the normal, gradual decline in the price of codoms. There's a big difference between a normal decline and what MKR did.

People keep talking about knowing this and that which has been said by "big breeders", first they are making threats of bodily injury, now they think it's nothing, it can't be both? Soulsmilen isn't going to refer people to big breeders anymore because of the threats they made, but you say they think it's a blip. I'm confused. Which is it?

It all comes down to what MRK did was a crappy thing to do. Whether it was a "blip" as you seem to think or not, it was crappy. It just affects those of us who have invested more money into Ball Pythons more than those who haven't. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't make us greedy, or ignorant.....or jaded and cynical.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #56
Bill & Amy
Interesting, I just read on another forum that MKR was banned from KS. I went and looked and all their sponsor info is gone. They wouldn't say what they were banned for, just that they were banned.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM   #57
Cat_72
Heh, maybe that's where they qualify as a "blip". LOL.

Interesting.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:46 PM   #58
SPJ
Like Cat explained.
This was about buying one of these morphs last year only to see the value of it drop tremendously in a matter of months.
Everyone knows the prices will drop. This HUGE drop in price MKR made took everyone by surprise.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #59
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
People keep talking about knowing this and that which has been said by "big breeders", first they are making threats of bodily injury, now they think it's nothing, it can't be both? Soulsmilen isn't going to refer people to big breeders anymore because of the threats they made, but you say they think it's a blip. I'm confused. Which is it?:
Which is it? I can see why you're confused. Apparently you don't think the different posters can have their own opinion or observations. Both obviously. Those are two different perspectives. Those that think it's a big deal are pissed and threatening bodily violence, those that think it's a blip think it's overblown pissing, and that eventually the overblown pricing will correct itself.

That's the blip yeah...hahahahhahahaha, good one. Blip as in they sold a handful of snakes and moved on, and wouldn't have even been noticed if not for this thread that is lasting a lot longer than the effects of their sale will ever have.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:42 PM   #60
Ed Clark
Morph King Reptiles-shot In The Foot

AFTER ALL THE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE MORPH KING REPTILES UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES .IT APPEARS THAT THEY HAVE HURT THEM SELVES WITH THEIR BLOW OUT SALES OF MOJAVES,LESSER PLATTYS AND A FEW OTHERS.ALL THE BREEDERS AND DEALERS WILL PROBABLY NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.THE PEOPLE THAT WERE PRO MKR BECAUSE OF THE ROCK BOTTOM PRICES,DO NOT HAVE THE EXPENSIVE MORPHS STILL ,AND MAYBE NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO BUY THEM.THEIR PHILOSOPHY OF PRICING FOR THE MASSES WAS INCORRECT.AN YET THE MARKET STILL CORRECTS ITSELF.CURRENT PRICING ON MOJAVES IS ABOUT $1000.00-$2000.00 PRETTY MUCH RIGHT WHERE IT SHOULD BE.MY EARLIER POST ABOUT THREATS AGAINST MKR WAS NOT INTENDED TO SOUND LIKE I WAS MAKING THE THREATS,BECAUSE THATS NOT THE CASE. ED CLARK

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!