is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #61
Wilomn
I'm not a member of The Brotherhood of the Ball (are they still meeting weekly, I haven't gotten a newsletter in ages) nor a breeder of them at all.

I am curious though. When those of you who bought he end balls purchased them, were you given some sort of guarentee or assurance that the price would remain high?

You see, here's the thing; at least for me this is the thing.

There are NO rules.

There are guidelines.
There are parameters.
There are maxims.
There are tenets.

But, as far as I know, there are no RULES that say you have to charge anything and just because this guy blew his out doesn't mean a darn thing.

He decided to do with his business what he wanted to, to get rid of and make a profit on, his inventory.

His timing and pricing did exactly what any good business man should be striving for; he sold out at a price that was acceptable to him. He is NOT responsible to anyone else nor is he responsible for what you charge or do not charge for your reptiles.

He swooped.

He profitted.

IF you really want to get even with him, beat him to it next year because if it worked so big for him, you can rest assured that if he does not himself continue, someone else will.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:01 AM   #62
Ed Clark
Thumbs down Mkr

Wes,you Are Correct ,a Good Business Move ? Maybe.he Swooped And He Profited.and He Was Banned From Kingsnake And Where Will He Place His Ads Next Year.

AND YES WES ,I AM A CARD CARRYING MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF BALLS.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:15 AM   #63
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Wes,you Are Correct ,a Good Business Move ? Maybe.he Swooped And He Profited.and He Was Banned From Kingsnake And Where Will He Place His Ads Next Year.

AND YES WES ,I AM A CARD CARRYING MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF BALLS.
LOL.

When I say good business move, I am not referring to being a nice guy, or one that you tell your friends about or go to when you need support.

BUT, this may well be the kind of guy who is consistent in showing a profit.

If it's just profit, then he made a bold, irritatingly correct, move to dump what he had before anyone else got rid of theirs.

That's all I meant. Who knows whether he will be around next year. If he is, it wouldn't surprise me if he found customers then too.

It sucks, but a lot of people in this business buy solely on price.

I breed calkings. I have for years. I produce quality snakes and have been doing so for generations. I charge top dollar for my snakes. I also work hard to sell the hatchlings.

EVERY friggin year there is some yahoo who is producing snakes "sort of" like mine and charging half what he could get, half what I do get, because he's just in it to make X% profit and he needs to sell quick at a low price to do that. Which totally screws it up for the rest of us.

They sell out, disappear, or become like a yearly flu, here for a short time, then sold out and gone til next year. People who KNOW that quality is rarely, not never but certainly not often, found at rock bottom prices will go where they know quality is to be found.

It sure does no good to actually worry about these lowballers. They're going to do what they want regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, so there is no point in needlessly being concerned with them.

Ed, is my secret newsletter on its secret way to my secret mailbox?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #64
Ed Clark
wes,these low ballers that surface every summer are a thorn in the side and make me go a little crazy at times.the rock bottom buyers seldom think about who will they call after their purchase.and they start to have problems.

secret newsletter sent.

we meet monthly in northern virginia.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #65
Wilomn
Quote:
wes,these low ballers that surface every summer are a thorn in the side and make me go a little crazy at times.the rock bottom buyers seldom think about who will they call after their purchase.and they start to have problems.

secret newsletter sent.
Thanks on the newsletter and on the buyers, you're 100% correct.

ALL they are thinking about is what they are paying.

Now, do you with balls, heh heh heh, and me with kings, give up and not produce what we like because of the lowballers that we know are going to be there or do we ignore them like we do the skeeters on our pe...rs when the fish are biting. (Yes, you'll feel a little stinging sensation and it's irritating, but if you don't scratch it so badly that it tears open, it's gone almost before you notice it.)

I've still got far more kings than I really should have and babies coming up as well.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:14 AM   #66
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
I can see why you're confused. Apparently you don't think the different posters can have their own opinion or observations.
Ah, but the problem lies in that both of you stated what you stated as FACT, not opinion. She says the big breeders are threatening MKR (and therefore they are evil and she will send all of her referrals to MKR), you say they don't care. Get the difference? Personally, my OPINION is that the majority lie somewhere in between. But then, that's just my opinion.

Ed, I don't think anyone took it as you being the one threatening them. I understood what ya meant. But I feel left out not getting a newsletter.

And Wes, you are absolutely right. There are no rules, as such.....just ethics, which is highly debatable for some. I just hope their choice to crap on their customers and others comes back and bites them in the .

Now I'm going back to work, since for some dumb reason chose to waste my break time reading this. LOL.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #67
Wilomn
So often people get mad at other people for doing things that they tell themselves they would not do. There is ALWAYS someone that WILL do what no one else will, especially if money is involved.

Which is all well and good, but an absolute waste of time being concerned over. W

How deep is the river if you cannot see the bottom?

Old 08-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #68
Ed Clark
cathy,thanks for being one of the few that understood the meaning of that post about the threats.i recieved hate mail about it and i also lost someone special over it.just wanted to say that i was not making any threats against mkr and if it appeared that i did,im sorry.

secret newsletter has been sent.

cant figure out how to fit you into the brotherhood though.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:28 AM   #69
Wilomn
Quote:
cathy,thanks for being one of the few that understood the meaning of that post about the threats.i recieved hate mail about it and i also lost someone special over it.just wanted to say that i was not making any threats against mkr and if it appeared that i did,im sorry.

secret newsletter has been sent.

cant figure out how to fit you into the brotherhood though.
Serving Wench? Can't have too many serving Wenches.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 AM   #70
jpatino
i am usually a lurker here but thought i would add my .02 cents on a comment made earlier that the rock bottom buyers that surface don't think about who they will call when something goes bad. if i was one of them rock bottom buyers and had a problem with my $800.00 Mojave from mkr and post here on fauna i would bet my Mojave (if i was a betting man lol) that someone here would help me out. there was another comment about where are the low ballers going to sell next year? if i remember right there are 2 ladys from washington that have a long thread about them and they are still posting ads here on fauna classifieds. just my .02 cents

jpatino

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!