is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 06:12 AM   #71
gant77
I read that MKR is advertising here....

on FC and I think they said repti-bid as well. I haven't checked so I could be wrong.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #72
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
cathy,thanks for being one of the few that understood the meaning of that post about the threats.i recieved hate mail about it and i also lost someone special over it.just wanted to say that i was not making any threats against mkr and if it appeared that i did,im sorry.

secret newsletter has been sent.

cant figure out how to fit you into the brotherhood though.
Looking back, I guess I can see where someone might have taken your initial statement that way Ed, but it never crossed my mind that you would be saying something like that. I'm surprised that many people did see it that way, and hope they can go back and re-read it and understand it the way it was intended.

The whole thing just sucks, plain and simple. What else can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Serving Wench? Can't have too many serving Wenches.
Well, I admit I may have been called a wench a few times, but I think I may be lacking in the serving area. How about just a generic Wench?

Old 08-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #73
Ed Clark
JOHN,YOU ARE CERTAINLY CORRECT ABOUT COMING HERE AND GETTING HELP WITH A SNAKE PROBLEM ,THAT YOU PURCHASED FROM A LOW BALL SELLER WHICH HAS DISAPPEARED.AND I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO OFFER THAT HELP TO YOU.JUST DONT ASK FOR A $800.00 MOJAVE.THATS A VERY TOUCHIE SUBJECT WITH ME RIGHT NOW.

CAT,BY THE WAY.THATS A REALLY CREEPY DOG YOU GOT THERE.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #74
Griz
I did not waste my time by reading beyond Clay's last post. To be honest, Ed you are an . I had truly thought that you were sincere in your email to me but I guess I was wrong. Take a look at what Ed sent me a few months back:

Quote:
bob,you are a real whore for putting these boas out at such a low price.you
will have single handedly destroyed the sunglow market.are you really this
desparate for money.ED CLARK
This was due to the fact that I had a early sunglow litter and priced my animals at where I anticipated not only what this years prices were going to be but also what I needed in order to take care of pre-funding my kids college fund. Guess what, the average Sunglow price is in the $2500 range which is right on target with my estimates and my original price. When all was said and done I pocketed roughly $30,000 this year on that one litter alone! I had $6000 invested in the parents. And, due to my breeding schedules, these two parents are going to do it again for me. That's a HUGE return on investment that anyone should be proud of and that was WITH me setting the prices based upon MY needs not yours!

These are my damn snakes and I will charge whatever I want for them. Period. Clay, maybe I am the exception to the rule but I have a room full of morphs and my prices are ALWAYS placed where I need them to be vs where you want them to be. Honestly, I don't care about what you do in your store or what prices you need them to be at. I raise these animals in an effort to supply my family with an additional level of security beyond what my consulting firm supplies. I do not raise these animals as a living but I respect those who do. However, your choice of occupations WILL NOT dictate the prices I set my animals at!

I did my best with this years litters to offer them privately to the larger breeders so as to not negatively impact the marketplace. Guess what? Most of them attempted to screw me. How about $800 for my sunglows and $60 for my dh sunglows? What's good for the goose is good for the gander right?

As I clearly stated to Ed in email, those of you who wish to come down on individuals like me need to take an economics class. For 8 years of college I majored in business so I know what it takes to succeed. I have run a successful consulting firm here in Illinois for going on a decade now so again, I know what I am doing.

But, to have the audacity to price fix the market through intimidation, especially in an open forum is disgusting. Hence the reason for the tone of contempt in my reply here. It's my animals and I will do whatever I want when it comes to pricing them. Don't like it then compete. It's that simple.

Bob

Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #75
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Like Cat explained.
This was about buying one of these morphs last year only to see the value of it drop tremendously in a matter of months.
Everyone knows the prices will drop. This HUGE drop in price MKR made took everyone by surprise.
Sorry, but that is called reality. I bought a new Ford truck this past November and contemplated trading it in a few weeks ago on a new Suburban. My $40,000 truck was now only worth $18,000 to the dealership. It's life and it's something that people have to get used to especially in a volatile market like livestock.

Griz

Old 08-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #76
Ed Clark
Bob,you are a real class act.was it your intention to come hear and stire things up abit.i see you on the boi attacking anyone that has an opposing view of yours.i said some things to you that were harsh,but truthful.and i told you i may have been harsh to you and you said cool and we moved on.now whats this.like i said you are a real class act.best regards ED CLARK

P. S . Bob when i sent you that email we all were selling sunglows that were priced in the 4500.00 range you came along with 2500.00 prices which sucked up all the sales.we all expect a drop in prices every year,but cutting prices by 2000.00 you made your business decision,and i will live by that.it was you that lost all that extra income.best of luck with your future breedings.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #77
Griz
Quote:
Bob,you are a real class act.was it your intention to come hear and stire things up abit.i see you on the boi attacking anyone that has an opposing view of yours.i said some things to you that were harsh,but truthful.and i told you i may have been harsh to you and you said cool and we moved on.now whats this.like i said you are a real class act.best regards ED CLARK

P. S . Bob when i sent you that email we all were selling sunglows that were priced in the 4500.00 range you came along with 2500.00 prices which sucked up all the sales.we all expect a drop in prices every year,but cutting prices by 2000.00 you made your business decision,and i will live by that.it was you that lost all that extra income.best of luck with your future breedings.
That's it Ed, show your colors. Let me point out some FACTS:

1) Sunglows were not selling for $4500 at that point in time. The market had all but dried up. How do I know this? It was through speaking with other breeders who were still sitting on 05 sunglow stock!

2) I still have 2, yes 2 Sunglows from my original litter that have not sold. I sold 3 sunglows at that price. The rest I traded. Why? Because they could not be sold at the $2500 price. Check with SpecialK. He's sitting on 2 of my sunglows (including high contrast) and he can't sell his at $2200!

3) Yes, Ed, you and I were cool only after I, not you, took the initiative. But, you simply said you were having a bad day yet you have the audacity to start this thread here under the same premise? You were sorry for what you did? You simply were sorry that you decided to enter into an intellectual economics debate that you quickly found out you could not handle. You thought I was someone who would back down from being called a WHORE vs someone who would school you in the fundamentals of supply and demand.

4) As for the BOI, Ed why don't you attach some links to where I have attack anyone who did not deserve it. About the only time I post is when it's clear that individual in question is either a scammer or someone who is lacking integrity. You're lucky I did not start one on you back when you sent me that email. You certainly deserved it. At least now, by your own creation, people will see the type of crap you email out. I for one, do not doubt that you shot off a similar threatenting email to MKR, just like you did me.

No Ed, you are certainly not a class act. Anyone who would have the audacity to send out an email like that, especially unsolicited, is worthless in my books.

Griz

Old 08-15-2006, 05:18 PM   #78
Bill & Amy
Bob,

The mojave market wasn't "dried up" by any means. I really don't know what happened with your sunglow market at the time as I have never been in the market. I know a couple of people who were selling mojaves for $1600-$1800 price range and were moving animals. The MKR came out of nowhere selling mojaves for $800 dollars. I really don't think this was a necessary drop to move animals. Out of his own admission MKR did $400,000 worth of business in 8 weeks, so it wasn't because he needed the money. But he wants all the money he can get as fast as he can get it!!! He wants to break one million dollars this year. As soon as the snakes becomes a fast money making system the whole ball python industry is affected. Plus, where you offered the animals to big name breeders MKR did not. In my OPINION, MKR doesn't give a rats butt what happens to this hobby, just what his check book says.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #79
Ed Clark
bob,you come on here under the false premise that the money was for your childs college education,then you talk about the 40,000.00 truck that you just bought.you also were running ads looking to get a very expensive tight turn lawn mower.which is it.it can't be them all.

once again, at the time of my email to you i was selling sunglows for $4500.00 and no matter what you say thats the facts.

bob,best of luck with your future breedings. ED CLARK

Old 08-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #80
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Bob,

The mojave market wasn't "dried up" by any means. I really don't know what happened with your sunglow market at the time as I have never been in the market. I know a couple of people who were selling mojaves for $1600-$1800 price range and were moving animals. The MKR came out of nowhere selling mojaves for $800 dollars. I really don't think this was a necessary drop to move animals. Out of his own admission MKR did $400,000 worth of business in 8 weeks, so it wasn't because he needed the money. But he wants all the money he can get as fast as he can get it!!! He wants to break one million dollars this year. As soon as the snakes becomes a fast money making system the whole ball python industry is affected. Plus, where you offered the animals to big name breeders MKR did not. In my OPINION, MKR doesn't give a rats butt what happens to this hobby, just what his check book says.
Amy, I understand what you are saying. But, here is my gripe. These are his animals. MKR is accountable to him and only him. If he wants to sell his animals for pennies on the dollar then who are we to say otherwise? If he is able to produce these animals at a lower overhead then the competition then it will reflect so in his prices.

I have already reaped a huge profit off of the parents of my sunglow litter. When they produce again this next year I will be selling my babies for even less. Why? Because I can. Because I have already seen a huge return on my investment. Because I truly enjoy making this hobby enjoyable (read affordable) for others. Because I like the idea that the money I am receiving is ensuring the future success of my children since their college will be paid for. Because I enjoy some of the finer things in life that this hobby affords me. It is NOT about maximizing my returns on every single animal. It is about knowing what the market will allow, what my finances will allow, and most important, what my family needs in order to continue our standard of living. It will never be about making sure my animals does not affect the bottom line of Ed Clark or any breeder for that matter.

What ever the motives were behind these mojaves is irrelevant. The day that I allow someone else to dictate my selling strategies is the day that I need to be put into a nursing home for dementia. Please do not take this wrong, but I owe nobody anything. I am responsible, as is MKR, for myself and only myself.

I probably would not have jumped in on this conversation had it not been Ed Clark that started it. He's proven himself to be incapable of rational thought when it comes to others pricing. He has also proven himself incapable of controlling his thoughts and emails. How would you like to be enjoying your day only to have someone who you had never heard of call you a whore? And for what? For selling your animals based upon market allowances?

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!