What to do about a weird situation? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #91
frankykeno
Good for you Harald. I don't know if I can be of any help but if she's located near Toledo, OH and in need of specific sized rat feeders to try to get this snake going or close enough that I can be any "on site" help to aide you and her in this, you've only to ask.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #92
hhmoore
Thank you, Joanna

Old 05-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #93
bullfrog100000
I'm looking forward to seeing the continued posts. I have read A TON about BP's, but don't own any... yet.
This thread is making me a bit concerned if it is a good choice...
I don't want the troubles feeding... and really don't want to feed live prey.
Anyway... waiting to see the progress.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #94
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog100000
I'm looking forward to seeing the continued posts. I have read A TON about BP's, but don't own any... yet.
This thread is making me a bit concerned if it is a good choice...
I don't want the troubles feeding... and really don't want to feed live prey.
Anyway... waiting to see the progress.

your honest best bet with a ball python is to make sure you buy from somone who keeps and breeds these guys. ( there are MANY on this site alone) Who already has an established eater feeding on f/t before you buy.

Another tip, is to ask as many possible questions you can about the animal youre going to buy. Ask for pictures if you cant go meet it, and make sure to research the seller on the BOI here before hand too. ( if you havent done that already of course) any honest seller here will be glad to answer your questions and then some!

Another thing is, if and when your animal isnt eating for a few tries, dont worry about it. The biggest thing ive seen so far is that people tend to over worry about them. So long as theyre not losing weight ( more than a few grams here and there) they are capable of going a few months actually without eating. Usually this happens during the breeding season/colder months.

So long as all the requirements are met husbandry wise, in most cases, your ball python will eat for you regularly. other than that.... well, be prepared to get more.... ^_- theyre quite addictive! hehehe

Old 05-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #95
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
well, be prepared to get more.... ^_- theyre quite addictive! hehehe
Boy ain't that the truth!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 08:55 PM   #96
Leighanne
BullFrog just keep in mind everybody's situation and/or Critter is different. I foolishly bought my Ball from a Pet Store and called later and found out she was an Import and didn't even know what all that meant. Imports can be a bit more "touchy" about feeding come to find out. I should of bought from a Breeder and thats my new rule for any future Snakes. Just watch what your buying from Pet Stores I guess. I won't buy anymore Snakes from one but wouldn't hesitate to buy a purtty Spider from one.

The right Breeder can be VERY cool. They will be there for you if you have any problems. I can recommend a few if you'd like? Also be aware that while Research is great, experience has to gained man. Some things aren't in the reading and thats what I love about Forum.

I was a big worry wart and practically came BEGGING for help and the nice people of Fauna helped me. There are VERY cool people here like HHMoore which is a great Herper/Breeder all together and I'm grateful hes helping me. I'm not sure what all I can say so I'll sshhhhh myself but I'll get that information posted when she eats. Shes in a time out for now. Chillin, maxin, relaxin, doin here Snakie thing.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #97
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
I foolishly bought my Ball from a Pet Store and called later and found out she was an Import and didn't even know what all that meant.
Sometimes I miss my headbanging avatar.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #98
Leighanne
Alright I put my foot in my mouth. I was very foolish. There are to many things I've learned lately about her, my education was lacking. You were right. I am capable of learning though contrary to popular belief.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 AM   #99
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
Alright I put my foot in my mouth. I was very foolish. There are to many things I've learned lately about her, my education was lacking. You were right. I am capable of learning though contrary to popular belief.

with H helping you out, Youre in GOOD hands!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!