What to do about a weird situation? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 AM   #11
Leighanne
Seamus **** happens. Next time one of yours gets lose you should REALLY think about selling yours. I personally don't trust arrogant people. They NEVER ask for help nor do they listen. Stop posting because I really don't care for you. Your an ugly person. Thanks

Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 AM   #12
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
Seamus **** happens. Next time one of yours gets lose you should REALLY think about selling yours. I personally don't trust arrogant people. They NEVER ask for help nor do they listen. Stop posting because I really don't care for you. Your an ugly person. Thanks

Walking a thin line leiganne , be carefull .

Old 04-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
Leighanne
A thin line because I don't like Seamus? Nah.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:23 AM   #14
christopher66
Quote:
A thin line because I don't like Seamus? Nah.
I'm not open to discussion ,you've been pre -warned.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #15
darkbloodwyvern
Suggestion?

since she isn't secure, have you tired putting her tupperware INSIDE the 55 Gallon cage? I did this with my feeder mice for awhile so my cat would (sort of) leave them alone. I had clamps on the 55, the mice in their smaller cage, and then i just made sure the clamps were on and they had food an such until i could feed the snkes a few hours later.
Most lids for the aquarium style tanks will allow a cord to fit through the sides, and you can use an extension cord if you need it.

I don't want to step on your toes, but you do need to be sure she is secure and fast! next time she may escape the building or get stuck and starve to death. And while I think seamus and clay are being rude about you do sound like you are having a lot of husbandry issues. You really need to consider if you can afford to keep as many animals as you have (time, not just money), and when you have lost a snake that many times in that short of a period of time, you have to change something IMMEDIATELY. I admit I have had 2 escapes, but they were about seven months apart & different animals where myself or a roomate did not properly lock up.
If you prefer the cheaper tupperware housing, why don't you try one of the locking tupperwares? I have two in my basement being readied for conversion into temporary carriers.

http://www.sterilite.com/Category.ht...uctCategory=35

Anyways, Target sells some online and has their own brand of locking tupperware. I have friends who keep their breeders in those securely. They are the cheapest snake containers I have ever found, although they are a little pricier than normal tupperware, they are a million times nicer for preventing escape. I think some other stores Like Walmart may carry them, but just be sure they are secure and properly ventilated if you switch her into one.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 AM   #16
Leighanne
I will check into those tubs, Thank You. I was going to drill a few more holes in her tub and find something that locks. Thats why I said Matt's got the work shop downstairs because my tool collection sucks. I kept on thinking I had it, but nothing worked. She is one strong stubborn Snake.

As for all of my animals I have stated in previous posts this year is about downsizing. I love the Rescue Leos I have but honestly can't wait until their gone. They are to much time, money and literally bending over the bath tub every night to clean 8 tanks a night is a pain in my back. I want to be back to calm and focusing all my energies on MY babies. I am medicating two stubborn Rats and seven Geckos and fussing with Lickity all the time is a ware out. TO MUCH! To much for me to even think straight, like I do half the time anyway though. Nobody in this house has escaped like Lickity does. Anyway, Thanks darkblood.

Christopher66, question. Are you a Moderator?

Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #17
Cat_72
Christopher is indeed a moderator.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #18
LadyOhh
Kristin,

If you want them gone so bad, hand them over to someone more capable of caring for them!

That way, you can focus on your "babies" and prevent mistakes like having them escape!

You sound like you are spreading yourself too thin, and although your intentions are good, you really need to focus and concentrate on YOUR animals.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #19
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Yes... asterix do happen. When you fail, time after time, after time to actually learn anything from mistakes though, or argue and fight with anyone who tries to teach you a better way, or encourage you to fix the underlying problem then you're just going to see more asterix. You'll be neck deep in asterix, breathing asterix, eating asterix and living asterix. How's yours taste?

Given the number of things that have gone wrong with you, your apparant inability to perceive the likely outcome of your own methods and the way you continually refuse to accept the resonsibility for your choices- you should not own animals.

You were naive. Everyone starts that way, then they learn. You haven't learned anything though and that makes you ignorant. Your judgement and education are clearly incapable of meeting even the minimal demands these animals have in order to stay healthy. When you can't care for something, the only reasonable choice for an ethical person is to find someone that can.

Incidentally... I've had one escape. Ever. Girlfriend at the time had a cat which sat ontop of a screened display enclosure- ripped through and let a d'albert's loose for a few hours. Want to know *why* I haven't had more escapes? I am not an idiot and have never used a obviously substandard enclosure. Want to know why you have had so many? Think it through.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #20
Seamus Haley
Ohyeah, I also reccognize that the mods have a job to do keeping the boards clean and enforcing the rules and standards for behavior and acknowledge that it's their perception of a thread that matters, not mine or any other non-mod member. That being said, I'm fairly certain that there is no chance whatsoever for Kristin to actually say anything that'd bug me more than the endless stream of posts explaining how she screwed up this week. She can't antagonize by trying because it's the default state for her anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!