What to do about a weird situation? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #61
Leighanne
It might JUST be the Rat thing?? Its not like I wasn't trying just the wrong stuff. Everything makes me wonder still back to point one. She has always eaten fine in her tub now when eating, so whats wrong, really wrong. My tub or my prey size? BLAH! I think to much!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #62
Pink Lady Exotics
If she was eating before, then go back to doing everything as you were before. Same hides, same location, same substrate, same temperatures, same enclosure. Offer the same prey, adult mice or weaned rats.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #63
Leighanne
As stated shes in the warmest least traffic area of the house unless I stick her in the utility room and theres no room. Shes in a rubbermaid 28 qt. and I switched her to a 15 qt. I messed up on the last post. I just switched her tonight. She was in a 28 qt. shallow with a small, shallow dish hide thats beige and she LOVES it, its squareness and lowness and she had a bigger tupperware with a hole cut in the top on the cool side, with a towel over both of these hides giving her the option to come out. Temps are stable, big water dish, so what was wrong?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #64
Leighanne
Adult Mice.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #65
Pink Lady Exotics
Sounds like the hides were a bit big for a baby ball python.

If she liked everything before, then you may have offered prey that wasn't what she was used to. If that's not the case, then she just doesn't feel like eating.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM   #66
Leighanne
In the past month the only thing I can think I've done wrong is the four escapes I was unsuccessful at fixing becauseI know I'm stupid and the constant trying to feed instead of backing off. That has been out of worry and frustration. So I should put her back in good enclosure the 28 qt. with her two favorite hides?

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #67
Pink Lady Exotics
I would return everything to how it was, put something on top so she can't get out, and then leave her alone for 2 weeks. After that, try to offer one adult mouse. If she doesn't take it, then don't try again for another week. Don't handle her or check in on her or do anything other than quick water changes or cleaning feces/urine. She needs to de-stress.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #68
Leighanne
Alright, will do. Everybody freaked me out telling me I had everything wrong. I didn't think my set up was off alot at all maybe a hide and thats it. I will do that, leave her alone. Some GOOD alone time. Get some smaller Rats. Thank you. Thank you for keeping up and staying to talk. Its hard over posts but one on one kind of deal is easier to run through all the check marks. I think I was doing wrong but will change that. THANK YOU! Real big grin if I could make one. lol

Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #69
Pink Lady Exotics
No problem. My husband went back so I have nothing better to do than stay up on the internet all night again.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #70
Leighanne
I meant gotta have the Rats just in case she might want one but will try to get a Mouse down first. I read small meals after a fast. An most importantly seperate my feeding "tries" by A LOT more space. I don't really want my Snake becoming acustomed to being scared or feeling insecure about feeding time or food.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!