More pics of the oddball - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #41
RKO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
Which are visible with the blinders on genius.
You know a thing or two about your blinders....

Old 05-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #42
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO1
And piebalds (which appears to be everyone's favorite morph) for that matter too...
What about yellowbelly, woma, spotnose, fire, super stripe etc. Some of those were considered normal until proven otherwise.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #43
Bill & Amy
Quote:
You know a thing or two about your blinders....

I see people walking around with them everyday. You are no exception.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:00 AM   #44
RKO1
Quote:
What about yellowbelly, woma, spotnose, fire, super stripe etc. Some of those were considered normal until proven otherwise.
Yellowbelly has alot more "odd" characteristics than just flames. Such as the head spot, flames, and checkered pattern. Woma's have spider like heads, far different from NORMALS. Spotnose, already stated my opinion. Fire's have the head spot, flames, and color is far better than a NORMAL which made people think its different. Genetic stripes look far different from NORMAL stripes, think people never produced NORMAlL stripes before they found the genetic stripe?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #45
RKO1
Quote:
I see people walking around with them everyday. You are no exception.
Iowa filled with that many ugly people that others need to walk around with blinders on?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #46
RKO1
Quote:
you got some mouth on ya
Because "ugly" is such a terrible word!!!! You wanna hear a mouth, I'll give you one haha!

Old 05-13-2007, 12:54 AM   #47
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Yellowbelly has alot more "odd" characteristics than just flames. Such as the head spot, flames, and checkered pattern. Woma's have spider like heads, far different from NORMALS. Spotnose, already stated my opinion. Fire's have the head spot, flames, and color is far better than a NORMAL which made people think its different. Genetic stripes look far different from NORMAL stripes, think people never produced NORMAlL stripes before they found the genetic stripe?
And you know all of that because someone TOLD you what to look for.

I said super stripes, not genetic stripes. They are a yellowbelly cross with a unkown gene. They were produced from what you would consider normal, until someone proved it otherwise.

It may very well be a normal, but noone knows until it is bred out and proven. Not even you.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:56 AM   #48
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Because "ugly" is such a terrible word!!!! You wanna hear a mouth, I'll give you one haha!
I don't know where that quote came from, but I never said that.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #49
Otter_23
Same with phantoms, vanillas, granites and sables. Seriously Rko why don't you go play with your buddy bigg gunns I'm sure you haven't kissed up to him in awhile.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #50
SPJ
This thread took a turn for the worse.

BTW, there is more to this snake than just flames.
Look closely at the pattern. It is unique. The color, pattern, flames, white belly, and the blue/grey eyes made it stand out when it was sitting next to a bunch of regular normals.

Who know if it is something special or not. Only time will tell BUT he does look different enough for me (and others) to think he is worth holding on to and breeding.

I have had people tell me he is a harlequin. I have also had people look at him and think he was a low grade mojave.

There is something about him that makes me want to try breeding him. I plan on trying him with a normal and with a mojave female.
If nothing happens so be it BUT if he does turn out to be something special then it was worth it.

Like everyone mentioned before. Fires, yellowbellies, spot nose, sable, etc all had something that made them stand out to the person who held them back to breed and now look at what can be done with them.

IMO, this guy is different looking enough to be worth breeding to see if anything is going on with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!