Info sass sfsss * SCAMMER - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
suncharmers
sass sfsss * SCAMMER

Hi, This was going on a few months ago where someone would see an ad you have here for a gecko/ lizard and they email you saying their assistant will send money and 50.00 dollars extra, because he has to be out of town for a few days..... BLAH BLAH BLAH

In any case I just got the email asking for a gecko I have for sale,,,, here is his email.... the sass sfsss will be his username

sass sfsss
njdbm788s@gmail.com

Old 11-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
Gargoyle Queen
I have received an inquiry from this individual as well. The 'name' and email seemed suspicious so I decided to check Fauna (same as what you have posted). I appreciate you posting here and saving me the time. I've seen an increase in these types of scams, and it really is a shame.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
suncharmers
Yeah, I had gotten quite a few over the summer but figured they were gone until today, lol. Here are the emails, his original asking if my bold gecko was still for sale , me replying, then his scam.

I'm going on a business trip but I will instruct my assistant to prepare and mail your payment which I'm sure you will get in about 2-3 days business days. I'll add $50 extra for the delay. I'll pay by M O or cashier check so send me your info (i.e full name, mailing address and your phone number) so payment can be mailed out immediately. I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment.Awaiting your info.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:08 PM, eve <suncharmers@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the message. I'm not sure which bold male you are looking at? :0) Let me know , thanks,

Eve

To: suncharmers@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 10:50 AM
Subject: BOLD MALE

Still up for sale? let me know the final price

Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
rbichlerbob
I received the same email today 11/10/17 except for a snake from the same person, and email address. Last month I received the same message, except a different Gmail address. Sounded like a scam then, and I told him so. The one today, I played along, and told him I only will use PayPal and Pay $$$ to my account. Didn't hear back.
I went and sent the Email to; (spam@uce.gov.) They investigate Scammers.
I also sent a message to Fauna so they could get it out to the sellers, because I didn't know where to post it.

rbichlerbob

Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #5
James L
Today I received a text from 812-465-2363 worded the same way. I've got many texts from these people. They use different numbers but always inquire about the animals the same way. The question is always "Still up for sale? let me know the final price"..... So I know it's a scammer every time they send me a message. I always tell them to buzz off. I know you are a scammer. These dirt bags are persistent and annoying!

Old 11-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #6
rbichlerbob
Thanks for the Information. I did report it to ( spam@uce.gov. ) don't know where it will go from there. The site was informative on how the scammer work.

rbichlerbob

Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
Zach Spyker
Yup got two in the same day one email one text for two separate animals both on fauna same person sasssfss

Old 11-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #8
myburms
I too had someone text me telling me they'd send extra money in a Cashiers check and pay an extra 50$ for delay...as tempting as it is. Do not cash the check. Even if it's fake your bank will make the funds available. They'll want you to send the excess to another person that they mistakenly sent you. Then say you keep your 200$ and send the 400$ to another person from the excess they sent you. Then when the check bounces you'll be out the 400$ you sent out from your actual bank.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #9
Moro
He is trying to scam me too. I got the email
4-5 days ago.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #10
snakeman236
Same scam for me

I was being pestered by texts from 812-465-2363 and then it changed to 812-573-2043...I called them out as scammers and told them to F/O....everyone beware they are obviously working this site.

Thank you,
Mike