Hello! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
krissydearest
Question Hello!

Hiya.

I'm new here. I live in California with my 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 snakes. I am looking to increase my family of furries (and scales) by at least 2 more would love to have some suggestions.

I currently have one 10 galllon tank and one 40 long gallon tank that need to be filled.

What do you guys think I should get?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
nplagmann
Red face

What fascinates you? What will you get hours of entertainment and enjoyment from just watching. If you are a gecko kind of girl we can give suggestions for either of those tanks. Do you like Ball Pythons? Cornsnakes? Bearded dragons?

Personally I adore my Blue tounge skink and a 40 gal breeder is adaquate. They have personality for days, she's kind of adorable when i wake her up and she huffs and puffs at me. If i let her out she'll cuddle up in the curve of my elbow and sleep/burrow in my side. They are heavy bodied (when you pick them up you dont feel like you're squishing them as with a uromastyx) They are fairly docile, yet can get some speed to those stubby little legs. Wonderful for carefully supervised children or unsupervised adolescents.

I hope this helps a bit, sorry if it came out biased!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
ReptileGeek181
Hi and welcome to the forum.. I would suggest you fill the 10 gallon with a nice cute breeding pair of rats, that way you can feed the babies to your snake and save money.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
krissydearest
Those are awesome ideas!!! Thanks so much.

I was actually thinking of breeding rats! Do you have any links to good online breeding guides?

I would love a lizard of some sort in the long tank. I'm divided between a bearded dragon (would one adult fit in my 40 gallon?) and a gecko/geckos, skink or salamander.

So difficult to decide!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
GeckoExotics
I would research/recommend:
Rhacodactylus Leachianus, or Rhacodactylus Chahoua

Do your research first though