Proposed Va ban on reptiles/exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
grs136
Proposed Va ban on reptiles/exotics

Please help me to oppose Va bill sb477 that would effectively ban all exotics (no matter how small and safe) from Va. also includes most types of constrictor snakes (again regardless of how small). This is a knee jerk reaction to what happened in Ohio with the in sane person who killed himself. Va already had on the books laws prohibiting lions/tigers/bears and other predators that really could be deemed dangerous,but this new bill just goes too far and punishes everyone. There is a 1000 to 1 ratio in Va of exotic vs dog injuries/fatalities but the state isnt banning dogs (yet anyway). So please contact the senators listed below before 5 pm today! To show your strong opposition to this ludicrous infringement on our rites!!
Thanks

Bills patron : Louise Lucas (804) 698-7518, email: district18@senate.virginia.gov
head of committe considering: district24@senate.virginia.gov

Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Wilderness
Wait... Are they banning new exotics from entering VA or are they demanding that all exotics be REMOVED from VA?

And will they listen to me even though I'm not FROM VA? Just wondering, because I'd love to help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!