Bosch partners with HSUS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 03-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #11
mbollinger206
I'm sure a HSUS rep walked right into Bosch saying, "People love animals, You love people buying wiper blades, we take credit/debit/checks." It's unfortunate how much sway these lobbyists have with trusted names.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
Arachno
Apparently Bissell is also working with HSUS.

Quote:

After our victory recently in asking Bosch to back off partnering with HSUS—which couldn’t have been achieved without our readers taking action—we’d like to keep up the momentum. Let’s start by turning towards Bissell, the vacuum cleaner maker.

The Bissell Pet Foundation has given money to HSUS, and Bissell lists HSUS as a “Participating Shelter” of its “Partners for Pets” program. That’s odd: HSUS does not run a single pet shelter. And it’s hardly a worthy advocate of shelters, for several reasons:

HSUS unjustly makes money based on the confusion between it and local humane societies (HSUS isn’t affiliated with local pet shelters)—meaning it vacuums up money from local communities and hoards it.
HSUS only donates about 1% of the money it takes in to local pet shelters to help them care for animals. In contrast, it puts far more money into its pension plan and into Caribbean “investments” than it gives to shelters; in 2014 alone HSUS put over $50 million into the Caribbean.

Please email Ryan Mclean, brand VP of Bissell Homecare, at Ryan.Mclean@Bissell.com, and CEO Mark Bissell at Mark.Bissell@Bissell.com and ask them to remove HSUS from this program and stop funding HSUS. If you want to include a few facts about HSUS, feel free to consult our “10 Things You Should Know” page. A number of major brands, including Discover, have dropped their partnerships with HSUS once they learned more about the organization.

It’s worth noting that Bissell has a history of support for animal welfare. The Bissell Pet Foundation makes grants to local shelters across the country. It’s a good program, and something that HSUS ought to be doing. Hopefully Bissell will realize the importance of not letting its good brand be tied to HSUS.
http://www.humanewatch.org/ask-bisse...pporting-hsus/

Old 03-11-2016, 08:05 AM   #13
FervidBrutality
Finally got a response back from someone.
TL;DR: Bosch give HSUS a one-time donation, and no additional compensation will be provided.

Quote:
Thank you for your email.

Bosch Aftermarket North America and The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) have one common goal to reduce the number of wildlife which are struck by vehicles on U.S. roads. Through the Stop the Roadkill campaign, HSUS was provided a one-time donation from Bosch Aftermarket North America to support that goal. No additional compensation has been or will be provided to HSUS as a result of Bosch product sales.

Stop the Roadkill is intended to raise awareness among U.S. consumers of the importance of regular vehicle wiper blade replacement, to help improve visibility of wildlife and other road hazards, and contribute to safer driving.

Please contact me if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

Tony Pauly
Director Brand Management & Advertising
Automotive Aftermarket North America
AA/COM-NA

Old 03-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #14
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FervidBrutality View Post
Finally got a response back from someone.
TL;DR: Bosch give HSUS a one-time donation, and no additional compensation will be provided.
Sounds familiar

Old 06-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #15
D Grade
Added my .02:

I have used Bosch wiper blades on my cars since I was 18y/o (I'm 35 now). I will no longer use anything from the Bosch product line as long as they are partnered with HSUS. I will not use any product affiliated in any way, shape, or form with an organization that promotes youthenization, seizing of animals, and promotion of banning pets/keeping of animals. I don't care what the intended cause is for.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:24 PM   #16
D Grade
Also sent an email:

Mike,

I have been using Bosch products since I was 18y/o (Im 35y/o now). Its unfortunate that Bosch, a great company that makes great products, must partner with such a crooked, hypocritical organization as HSUS is. Please read the article below, as it entails just a tip of the iceberg in regards to HSUS. It is a bit lengthy, but I promise it to be worth your time:

http://www.humanewatch.org/10-things...ow-about-hsus/

On top of promotion of youthenization of animals and against the keeping of pets/animals, I cant think of more reasons not to partner with such a group. Unfortunately, I must stop purchasing Bosch products until Bosch disconnects ties with the HSUS.

Thank you for your time and understanding, I truly hope this hits home and that I may purchase Bosch products again in the future.

Sincerely,

Derek

Old 06-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #17
D Grade
Good find for some kick in the teeth quotes by both PETA and HSUS, somebody send this to Mike!

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Dog_La.../thread/427720

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!