BRANDON AT REPTIRUS- REALLY BAD GUY. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #31
critical bill
Hey Steph.....are you crappin me? This guy is blaming DHL for bouncing this gecko aroundand other that he shipped? And you stand by that?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #32
SouthBayGeckos
I can attest that that is the conversation thus far between me and brandon.

I have sent various email since trying to figure out how to ship this gecko back.

I didnt know anyone other than brandon was involved in the shipping process.

again, my intention is not to use any scare tactics or threaten anyone. I just really need some help, as i've never had this issue before.

triple moon exotics, is there any way you can help me out?? i would really appreciate it.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
critical bill
Seeing Marcia here sort of reminds me of a time I ordered geckos from her. I could have dropped her box from a ten story building and the geckos wouldn't have suffered a scratch. Marcia provides The Best packing in the business.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #34
SouthBayGeckos
thanks chuck

Thanks Chuck,

I do believe that blaming it on the shipping is a little ridiculous.

the condition of this gecko is something that has been going on for a while.
it will still have a great life, but just not as the breeder I intended.

and because of that, I believe I am entitled to a full refund plus shipping.

I can also attest, the Male he sent me is SUPERB! I really like him a lot, and he has been very very well taken care of.

Just so you guys know.

thanks again.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #35
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Hey Steph.....are you crappin me? This guy is blaming DHL for bouncing this gecko aroundand other that he shipped? And you stand by that?
So, who shipped the gecko(s)?

Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
TripleMoonsExotic
Chuck, I don't think Brandon was making any excuses. The photos he received (which I saw and AREN'T the same photos she posted here) didn't really show anything but maybe slight swelling in the hip area or the gecko was sitting odd in the tub. I can just say there wasn't any obvious swelling or defects on the gecko when I saw her Monday afternoon.

Brittney, my suggestion to you is work with a seller when he or she is trying to provide a solution for you instead of jumping onto the BOI, posting a bad guy thread and threatening a Paypal dispute. I advised Brandon to keep all contact with you over e-mail so there is proof of discussion between you two.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #37
KelliH
It looks to me like a congenital bone deformity. I have seen this over the years, randomly. It usually affects the hip/pelvic area and one side is larger than the other or has somewhat of a bend. Normally it is not even noticeable until the gecko is around 20-25 grams, maybe it is less noticeable in real life than it is in the photos, I dunno. It does not look like an injury to me, and I don't think the gecko should be bred. Just my opinion as an experienced keeper of these animals. Also, congenital defects are in many cases not genetic, so who the parents of the gecko in question are is pretty irrelevant.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #38
KelliH
OH, I do however think that this thread was started a bit prematurely, as this place should really be a last resort in the case of posting a bad guy thread. In my opinion that is.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #39
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
So, who shipped the gecko(s)?
The person or carrier? The person was Steph and according to Brandons email it was DHL as the carrier.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #40
SouthBayGeckos
emails that were left out of the conversations.

[
I also told Brandon by her e-mails that I would be very suspicious about her motives considering when asked, she refused to provide a vet report and threatened him with a Paypal dispute.

I never REFUSED to send a vet report, I just dont have a scanner or a fax machine at my house. So, I took some images and sent them to him in this email.

Subject: vet record photos.
Date: November 20, 2007 3:05:07 PM PST
To: reptirus@gmail.com

here are some photos of the vet record

here is an image of the bump again.

also, if you look for it, you can see the bump slightly in the photo you first sent me. Only someone looking would know it was there.
second, is a photo of the vet record, as I dont have a scanner or fax in my home and i'm off work today because of the shipment.

HERE IS ANOTHER EMAIL, THAT I SENT.... for some reason this was not included in the previous posting of our conversation:

Subject: thoughts
Date: November 20, 2007 2:59:17 PM PST
To: reptirus@gmail.com

Brandon,

I just want to let you know...

I have faith that you might not have known about the condition, as MBD sometimes goes undiagnosed and untreated, and can eventually be corrected.

The only problem I have is the way this is being handled.
I feel I should be refunded the amount of the female gecko, $200, because she can and will only be used as a PET ONLY gecko.

I would not want to risk a deformity in any of her offspring, much less her life due to the depletion of calcium in her system.

I will be working on helping her gain some more bone structure, but until then, you need to know that I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality of the gecko at hand.

Her disposition, and heath otherwise is excellent. She is very calm, even after shipping and didn't mind the trip to the vet. I also enjoyed chatting with you and the transaction itself. It is only the gecko I'm concerned about, as I now don't have a female for my breeding project and must go frantically looking for a replacement.

I can give you my word, she will be a PET ONLY gecko... because of her health situation.

thanks again, and I hope we can get everything resolved.

Brittney Gougeon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!