Mike Shoemaker, Rebel Dragons -- Great Guy!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #41
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
Mike, I once again urge you not to respond. Certain persons only have an interest in destroying someone for their own pleasure and status among like-minded persons.

Sociopaths are persons that have no human feelings for other humans. A recent psychology study determined that sociopaths make the most successful lawyers and CEO's. So, keep in mind that these may be the kind of people you will be feeding. You owe them nothing whatsoever.
Bruce,

Despite your attempt to make diagnoses that you are not really qualified to make, there is a point here. Many of us have befriended Mike over the last six plus months, including myself, lending moral support and even buying from him (over others) at a time that he really needed to make some sales. As his friend, I am really aghast at what has happenned and at these accusations. I have nothing but the highest in respect for Dennis Hultman. As I said, he has no dog in the fight but has gone out on a limb to corroborate the accusation. If Mike does not answer he is guilty by overwhelming preponderance of evidence. As his friend I implore him to explain himself. A serious accusation has been made. If you, Bruce, feel that accusations made on the BOI are not worthwhile, perhaps it is you, Bruce, who should not be posting here. All you are doing is delegitimizing and disrupting the process.

Interesting that you still have Bill Leverton as a "Good Guy". What's that about? He is an admitted thief. Now you can answer that any way you like, or not at all. I only bring it up because you worship a twice convicted reptile smuggler and until recently had a note in your signature line demanding freedom for another admitted reptile smuggler. Your priorities and sense of "right and wrong" are the ones that I'd question, my friend.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #42
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Mike, I once again urge you not to respond. Certain persons only have an interest in destroying someone for their own pleasure and status among like-minded persons.

Sociopaths are persons that have no human feelings for other humans. A recent psychology study determined that sociopaths make the most successful lawyers and CEO's. So, keep in mind that these may be the kind of people you will be feeding. You owe them nothing whatsoever.
You would make a good defense attorney.

You are forgetting Tere was the one having her business destroyed by "a" coward posting under an alias. I guess someone is lacking feelings for this human being.
I agree someone's brain is wired just a little differently here.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #43
bud mierkey
Stop! post The ip data

Please stop the drama! post the IP data!
I still see no evidence?
Less drama more evidence.
Have the internet police been notified?
I hope its credible!

Old 10-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #44
Bill_Leverton
From what I have read this is all a He/She said thing so far no real proof has even been presented as of yet. I too have talked to Mike and Ive heard his version of all of this, and I have read Tere/Pauls version and this is one of those with any documented writings this is going to go no where I'm not by any means taking sides in this But I have heard this story(2 weeks ) before it hit the BOI. Jim you did bring up a good point about people who still voted me a good guy, I often wonder why my GGC is still there But that is for another time

Old 10-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #45
critical bill
Quote:
You owe them nothing whatsoever.
I agree with you somewhat Bruce...I'm certainly not owed anything. I never asked for anything from Mike accept his forgiveness for giving him a hard time.

I didn't want to hear him refer to black people as the "N" word. Mike seemed very upset that black kids were a bad influence on his brothers and sisters. I didn't want to hear him tell me he killed baby dragons by freezing them to death because they were starving and he had no money. I didn't want to hear he and his siblings were eating dog food because they were starving to death. NO. I didn't want to hear those things at all. It bothered me a good deal. I'm a human being for chrissake. I didn't know whether to be upset with him for killing animals needlessly or send him a check so he could get some groceries in the house. I was torn. The best I decided was to let him get his act together with his new move to AZ and offer what support I could for him. I placed an order for some house geckos just so he could feel like he wasn't accepting any hand outs and earning his money like a man. I didn't want to rob him of his pride. I offered him double the price we agreed to! He said $1 a piece, and I agreed to pay what I pay any other supplier...$2. I tried to help him help himself. What a real bad guy I am...huh Bruce? I'd do the same for you in a heart beat.

All fooling around aside Bruce....you're following the wrong path on this one.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:06 PM   #46
Matt Haines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

At this point,
I am withdrawing my positive Good Guy Certification for Mike for an earlier deal.

Dennis Hultman, MatthewM, Rebel Dragons, Saladragon, PaulSage, Dennis1, Bar None Reptiles, Jim O, Dachiu, Clearwater_Reptiles, brucestephenson
Where did you get this list? I (Matt Haines) have a good guy vote for Mike but "Bar None Reptiles does not. I am not the whole of that company and therefore the vote is purely my own opinion and not that of Bar None Reptiles. This is the list I got for the good guy vote:
Corns4evr, Dachiu, dragonflyreptiles, Jim O, jmartin104, Living Art Reptiles, Manhattan Herps, Matt Haines, progeckos, South Dixie Dragons, TheHypoGecko.

Just clearing that up as I don't want my girlfriend's company to suffer for my opinion in case this goes sour. However, with that being said my vote shall remain until someone proves to me without a doubt of these accusations validity.

Old 10-22-2005, 10:14 PM   #47
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
with that being said my vote shall remain until someone proves to me without a doubt of these accusations validity.
Unfortunately, Matt, I cannot prove a thing. I have no need to lie and waste anyones time. I have nothing to loose or gain. I don't sell dragons or breed them, and I have never done business with either Paul or Tere. I only added to the thread to confirm for the others that this didn't seem to be an isolated incident. A pattern of behavior became apparent to me. Good people were victimized and it began with a phone call.....much like the very phone call I received.

Old 10-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #48
Dennis Hultman
Matt,
I apologize.

To clarify that list. It was at the bottom of my post as people viewing the thread at the time I posted.

I was pointing out that Rebel Dragons was viewing thread at that time and refused to answer the question put to him.

It was suppose to be in a quote but I hit summit to fast. In no way did it mean anything else.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 PM   #49
Matt Haines
I understand completely. I just don't want the business that she owns ill affected by a situation when she has never had any correspondance with the accused.

Chuck, I have my doubts as well and I am just waiting for his response to all of this before I make my final decision. I thought this to be an isolated situation. However, with the new information coming to the forefront I don't exactly know which direction to point to at the moment. I am crossing my fingers in hopes that my trust was not betrayed.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:50 PM   #50
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I have not been contacted by reptibid in any way shape or form. Why? Because I did not bid on any of your auctions.
Quote:
This is the only point, I will take issue with.

I have no axes to grind with anyone on this thread. I have never had a problem with Mike.
Mike you know that. I have enjoyed your posts and respected great many of them.

I am going to add the factual information that I already have.

With that, I am only going to make a brief statement and let one of the parties involved decide what he would like to do.

The facts are

I was asked to help in finding out whom the person was that used the User Name “bigmanjulio” on another site.

I was able to obtain that IP address for that particular User “bigmanjulio”. I did this without knowing or mentioning any of the other information that has been posted here.

This is very important, Mike’s name was never brought up in order to obtain this information.

I was given the details that it was suspected that a member of Fauna had done this and I was told they believed it was Mike Shoemaker.

I used the IP address I obtained for “bigmanjulio” to find out if anyone on Fauna was using the same.

I was able to obtain the knowledge that only one person has posted on Fauna using that IP address.

It so happens this IP address also belongs to the person that is suspected here. He first used that IP here on Fauna, on the fifth of October of this year.

His previous posts on Fauna had a different IP address up until 09/16.

He then took a sabbatical from posting on Fauna. During the time he was gone the fake user posted the phony feedback on the other site. When he returned his IP address matched that of that Bogus User.

Coincidence? Not likely.

I would hope that this little tidbit of information is enough for one of the parties involved to make this a short thread.
Bottom to Top- Response I received from Fauna
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Feel free to post them.
Quote:
Can I post our PM's on the BOI?

Quote:
You can share the info.
Quote:
Thank you very much Dennis.
The person whose auction and Feedback that was attacked was Tere and John Salazar
User Name = Saladragon

Can I share this information with her?
Quote:
The IP does match Rebel Dragons. No one else has used that IP on Fauna. However, the first post of his I can find with that IP is on 10/05. The post prior to that one was on 09/16 and was a different IP.
Quote:
Would it be to big of a coincidence if the person who is suspected just happens to be using the same IP address as the confirmed Alias of the Bad Guy?

If it helps, Rebel Dragons is the person suspected.

The IP of that Bad Guy post was 24.115.15.203 so if he made a post with the same IP would that be pretty clear that it is the same person.

Quote:
Punch in the IP at this link. It will tell you what ISP it belongs to.

http://ws.arin.net/whois
Quote:
That IP does match a member here. It is associated with a post that person made today. But keep in mind, depending on how old the auction was, it could very well be a coincidence as most IP addresses are dynamic. If you give me a date I can see if that person had that particular IP here on that date.

Quote:
Hi Dennis,

A member of Fauna sent me a P.M. about a problem they are having over at another site.

Quote:
Partial quoted PM from Saladragon sent to me and forwarded to Dthomas with permission.

I had an auction a few weeks back that was won by a non-existent person living at a non-existent address (all according to the Post Office and phone books for that area). I emailed the person twice to no avail, and ended up selling the same dragons to someone else. The nonexistent person left me negative feedback, and I left them negative feedback.
I have emailed all the information I had to the Webmaster several times, and have never received a response
Long story short...I have EVERY reason to believe that the nonexistent person is actually someone here on Fauna.
I left out the person they were accusing here on Fauna. To make a long story short, I was able to obtain the IP of the fake person posting on their auction on the other site. I have no idea how to trace it. The IP is 24.115.15.203. Is there anyway you could help?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!