The ALL NEW Fauna FREE seed Gift and Exchange - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades

Notices

Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
Christina Vincent
If you don't have anything to trade I am still willing to share...if you do feel like sharing or trading I am really wanting some Color/flowers on the property! Lol I have all sorts of plants/vines and get some color in the spring, but I want lasting blooms and lots of them! So is it better to make a list of what's avail on my end and post it? Should pics go with the list? and then people respond to that? I posted the sagos cuz I have it on hand- tis my season lol -

Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
Lucille
As well as here there is a site called Garden Web and they have specific forums just for trading stuff among their other forums.
If you want lots of color while you look for plants, I'd like to recommend Wildseed Farms. I have a patch of wildflowers sprouting right now and past purchases from them have netted wonderful big patches of colorful flowers, and their prices are reasonable.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
Christina Vincent
That's awesome! I will def check that out! Thanx

Old 03-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
catherine carney
Hi all--

Christina--definitely would like to trade/purchase a couple of sago pups or seeds. I don't know how heat tolerant the monarda (bergamot mint is one of the names) is, but it's colorful and the blooms attracts honeybees, butterflies, and hummingbirds all summer for me. Do you happen to know what climate zone Baton Rouge is in (we're USDA Hardiness zone 5 or 6, depending on which map you look at). I suspect you're probably zone 8 or 9....Do you have any interest in scarlet trumpet vine?? It's native, can be invasive, climbs (around here) to 30', and hummingbirds love the flowers. You can e-mail me at catherinecarney2000@yahoo.com and let's see what I can send you for color.

Lucille--thanks for the shipping info. It's what I meant, didn't phrase it well.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #25
Christina Vincent
Lol no interest in vines- tho I have 26 diff species throughout the property and been fighting them for years but thank u, I am also happy to provide photos of the diff ones I have around if people are interested. I think I'm in zone 9? I'd have to check but I've been able to grow everything here lol usually year round, our winters are usually in the 50s but wildlife adapted and flowers still fade through fall and i'd love serious color while doin fall clean ups! (The trees here shed all 4 seasons - I have amazing young saplings of oaks/loquats/magnolias)
The sago seeds are free for fauna members ;-) I've been lookin the last few days on to posting ads here on fauna for them but the dates were....dated, so I stuck to craigslist but I plan on becomin a contributing member soon $$ wise and should be able to post ads for this years crop of tropicals and large plant/seed orders. But ya- until then a donation to members in small quantities I am happy to provide!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
Christina Vincent
I am shipping out an order for someone this afternoon, since I'll be at the post office anyway, do u want me to send you some seeds and a cpl small pups today? PM or email me your address and I'll send a lil instruction sheet with um, basically what I covered it in a previous post tho, for me its that simple with these guys.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Christina Vincent
Would you like some Lucille? That post should have been plural

Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
Christina Vincent
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...p?albumid=2148

I think (hope) that link goes to my pic album of plants on my profile lol
These are a few diff plants I have crazy ABUNDANCE of. Large orders I have only done pick ups.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
catherine carney
Hi Christina--

just sent you an e-mail--hope I did it right (new to all of this). If you wish to contact me, you can e-mail at catherinecarney2000@yahoo.com

I'll see what I've got for colorful flowers for you--even if you're as warm as zone 9 a lot of this stuff should adapt. I do have monkshood, which blooms in late fall here with 4' spikes of dark blue flowers and the deer leave it alone (it's pretty toxic, so handle with care when planting and wash up well afterwards). Just let me know and we'll figure out what works for you!

Loquats and oaks (are they live oaks??) sound interesting, too.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
Christina Vincent
Catherine, I dropped a small box of sago seeds in the mail to you today you should have them this week. I'll email you the care sheets. I totally did not put them in the box when I shipped it O.o sorry!

We have giant river oaks sprinkled throughout the property and I have never gotten ALL the acorns lol so lil trees pop up everywhere. Some I leave, some I chop down, sometimes they hide til rooted well and I let um have it if they wanna fight the bamboo lol

The Loquat trees are large fuzzy leafed fruit trees. They have a sweet lil orange fruit with Big seeds in it but they're good, and the birds flock for um here-I love the song birds so we have extra "bird trees" we let grow just to let them feed...I have tons of these small trees/sprouts/saplings. I gad a few out in northern cali too growing up. My friend keeps them in large containers next to her garage and still gets fruit from them which I thought was kewl. I can grow everything but veggies lmao and I have the most beautiful garden area for it just was a big fat failure at it lol but Loquats did awesome for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!