Anybody dealt with James Fanthorp - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
C.GrayC&TExotic
Anybody dealt with James Fanthorp

Just wondering if anyone has worked with him. Im in the process of doing a cash/trade deal with him and he now seems a little off.
he goes by jfanthorp@aim.com or jfanthorp1983@aol.com
Any info would be appreciated.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
jayefbe
I searched Fanthorp and this is what it came up with.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=fanthorp

Since you already know about BOI, you should probably start using it. It's lucky you posted this in time.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
C.GrayC&TExotic
I very rarely buy/trade from someone I dont know or have positivley heard about, thats the only time I usually use the board is to inquire.
Chad

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
C.GrayC&TExotic
Well I guess ol James is going to screw me.
He hasnt contacted me at all today and has ignored all my attempts.
I have checked with ups and fedex and there is nothing coming my way.
I have put a dispute in with paypal. I will let you all know how it goes.
Chad

Old 09-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
C.GrayC&TExotic
Just an Update

It looks as James Fanthorp has done a good job of screwing me. I have tried multiple times since the snakes were to be shipped to contact him via email and phone calls. He doesnt respond or reply. I am turning my dispute into a claim on the 8th of september on paypal.
Do not do any trade deals with this bastard, or buy anything from him.
The info he uses are
336-269-5683
jfanthorp@aim.com
jfanthorp1983@aol.com (paypal)

If you see or have an inquiry from any of those I would pass.
Give another update after it turns to a claim, I may take a ride to nc, it's not that far from Ky.
Chad

Old 09-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #6
Laura Fopiano
Chad, I understand that you are angry at the moment, however, can you give us the information on this trade/cash deal?

What was the deal? Can you give us time lines and dated emails with headers would be a plus. Who approached who first about the trade and what all is involved here? How much money is involved?

Have you notified him about this thread? Peer pressure can be a beautiful thing. I'm not here to pry or bust your balls, any information that you can give this forum adds credibility to your claim.

Please keep us undated.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
C.GrayC&TExotic
I have an ad running on kingsnake for tattoo machines to trade.
He inquired about the machines and what else he would need to tattoo. We go back and forth about what he will need and what I can include with the machines.
He has a lavender albino retic.
I agreed to pay shipping for the retic to me and pay to ship the machines to him. After a while he said he was only interested in 1 machine, some liner and shader needles, and a catalog w/ tattooing equipment so he could get started. He also let me know that he had male tiger retics as well. Anyway we agreed that I would get the female albino retic, and 1 male tiger, for the machine, needles, catalog and 270.00 via paypal. I agreed to paypal him the 270.00 to cover the shipping and cover the cash end. After I was to recieve the snakes (9-3-08) then I was to ship the tattoo equipment. Well obviously I havent recieved any snakes. I have tried multiple times several different ways to contact him. Phone, email, and texting. That is how he decided to do most of his communicating was text. He answered the phone once and tried to disguise his voice as an elderly woman, but it was obvious it was him.
I have been working with reptiles for 10 years and this is only the 2nd bad trade experience, luckily.
I havent notified him of this thread because I cant get hold of him, and he doesnt return messages, imagine that.
Chad

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!