Info Courtney & George Schertler - Retic Owners Watch Puppy Being Eaten and Posts Pics - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #191
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I just don't understand why it popped up in a notification like it was being discussed lol but yes people who are irresponsible need to listen. Need to keep their animals separate. Because things like this will happen. I could not believe it when I saw the post on CL it went from "don't throw your pets outside" to "don't advertise free to good home because people with snakes are collecting them to feed to their snakes" like whoa way to spread misinformation. There is not a single shred of proof people in my area are doing that and I was told it was all over ONE video of some deranged person.
Pick a random "Pets" section on CL in a random state and a random city and you are likely to find the same post.

I have seen them on pretty much any CL pet section I've looked through regardless of state and city.

Most of them are likely posted by AR nuts, but they like to paint all of us as irresponsible jerks who take free animals off CL and feed them to our animals.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #192
AbsoluteApril
This is starting to turn into a general discussion, which is great - in the discussion forums ( ) but let's keep the rest of this BOI post on topic please (Courtney and George).

Old 11-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #193
hupababy_83
I don't even know where to start... I guess I fear for the children. I think I read that the two big snakes (retic and boa) live in a room... no cage was mention, no enclosure, no tank, no type of secure measures. Please tell me I'm wrong! I would never sell to them on that suspicion alone. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

As for the puppy being eaten... it should never have been around that snake. I'm not going to debate cats and dogs and rats and pigs for feeders, what's ethical, and what's not. I know I would never eat dogs but I have a couple cousins who eat it for traditional medicine ceremonies. That doesn't mean I support pets for feeders. No where in America have I seen where pets have been bred for feeders. It's not just not accepted.

Why would they have an elderly man watching a retic? Why would they have A SINGLE MAN WATCHING A SNAKE OF THAT SIZE? When my boas grew over six feet I always had another adult with me, just incase!

I hope no one sells to these irresponsible people again.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #194
minicopilot1
Trailer park trash! Is that Honey Boo Boo's mother!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #195
SILVER_SPUR_PYTHONS
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicopilot1 View Post
Trailer park trash! Is that Honey Boo Boo's mother!

I BELEIVE YOUR RIGHT, There is a similarity lol....Trailer trash is an understatement however... They're the DECAY of our society that CAUSE and INFLUENCE reptile banning Laws.....Irresponsible owners like them are the bad apples....They ruin it for the rest of the good bunch.

They shouldn't be allowed to even own a cricket farm!!!

I will be sure to never sell Retics... or even a milksnake to those trash.....

SILVER SPUR PYTHONS

Old 01-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #196
zooman
Accidents can happen - especially if there is negligence involved - Is it still an accident then- or something forseeable that could have been prevented? I think we all can agree its tragic and was preventable. I think posting pics of it does draw the wrong impression for the whole hobby of Herpetoculture, However, if someone is going to have -accidents- and not use what others deem as common sense, how do we communicate that within the hero industry without having one bad apple picked up by the media and making news about it - which in turn helps more restrictive laws pass everywhere. I'm struggling with the knowledge of someone who has been negligent and owes me $ and I don't know how to pursue, as it too is appalling and could end up -newsworthy- Then...more laws... So, my question is... do we have a moral obligation to report bad scenerios, which in turn can end up hurting the pet industry as a whole? Will there be a day when we need permits to keep even goldfish if we feed the media stories or are we helping to actually resolve the isolated incidents? Moral dilemna, and not much off topic as why did I even click on this post and respond? What happens when owners do irresponsible things or see others being irresponsible and its posted? Those are a few of my questions. Lastly, posting a pic of a retic eating a puppy is just asking for PETA headaches.....and that doesn't stand for Pythons Eating Tasty Animals..... let's agree to keep dogs and pythons separate at least....
Steve

Old 01-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #197
zooman
typo.... herp industry.... not hero....

Old 01-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #198
Billy1138
my biggest issue with this scenario is that the incident was photographed, and shared on social media. If I had an incident such as this, whether it was an accident or due to my irresponsibility I wouldn't photograph it. If my dog was playing in the street and a car hit her, my first reaction wouldn't be to run and grab my cell phone to take pictures for facebook. (This leads me to feel that it wasn't an accident, and the dog wasn't really cared for as a pet-just my opinion)

I'm glad this thread came back up, is there any updates to this situation at all?

Old 01-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #199
reptilebaby
I have just finished reading this, and its completely ridiculous. all moral obligations aside-whether or not people in other countries eat them, yes different countries and cultures do this. it is ILLEGAL in the usa to feed a dog or cat to any animal. I know people that have been arrested for eating a dog, they were korean and didnt know they couldnt do it here. the laws in different places are as different as night and day, but doesnt change the face that, by feeding a dog to snake, yes i believe it was a purposeful act, they commited an illegal act.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!