Rescued American Toad Help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:55 PM   #1
Chillprism
Rescued American Toad Help?

Hello, everyone! Tonight, my friend and I went walking around his property, and when we looked into a partially-covered well in his front yard, we found two American toads (a male and female) trapped and treading water. We fished them out with a net and put them in a bucket before agreeing to bring them in and try to help them out. The female is extremely malnourished but feisty, and the male is not as malnourished but much more timid. They’re both very weak and small overall.

We placed the toads into a plastic bin that is about 36”x18”x18”, and we added mealworms and beetles dusted with multivitamin powder, bark for hiding under, a shallow water dish with conditioned water, and Eco Earth. His sister has some geckos, so we were lucky enough to have extra materials. We drilled holes into into the sides of the bin, and it has a locking lid. My friend’s house is kept at around 70°F.

Is there anyone more experienced with keeping toads that could help us out with some care tips for these little guys? We’re trying not to touch them too much for a little while because they were handled a good bit tonight and have generally been traumatized by what they’ve been through. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
american toad, toad