humidity quest? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
jres
humidity quest?

I currently mist my gtp, emerald basin, ATB in the morn at around 10 am and the enclosures hit 95-100% humidity right after the misting, they dry out to 55% at 5 pm (7 hours later) ,the ambient humidty in my snake room is 40% (Im in NY) , the cages go to 40% prob after 9 hrs or so, i mist again at around 11 pm. my quest is to the gtp, etb , atb pros: is my dryout period ok or to fast? should i do 2 mistings 1 in morn and 1 at night or should i jsut do 1 misting? if i do 1 do u preffer morn or night when the animals are active? thx

Old 03-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
gsrept
i always mist my gtps in morning and let them dry out during the day i do not mist at night i fing that it cools them at nigt to much but i also use a night time drop t stat to simulate what they would find in wild. also it will depend on the local some are from scrub land ares which are dryer and some are from higher up rain forest elevations which get more rain so what i would say as long as they are healthy have good sheds i would not put to much thought into it. good luck and happy herping.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
jres
thx for the reply, i guess being i dnt do a night drop the 2 misting is ok, and im not at risk for mold being i use a sterile type setup, papertowel substrate, pvc perches, waterbowl, plastic plant, thats it!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
gsrept
that sounds fine. like i said it is what you feel comfortible with als you could get and read the complete chondro by Greg Maxwell this is an excellent book.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!