Retained eye cap?? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
AdamR
Just thougt I'd update. I don't know what haapened. I continued soaking her daily, kept her humidity higher than the others, and just watched her. Yesterday, no improvement. Today, I come in and I can see her moving around (a first). I pull her out and she looks GREAT!!! No cloudy eyes, no pink belly, no dull coloration at all but, I can't find a shed anywhere in her tub??? I've never had one eat the shed, do they do that? The important thing is, while I'm still lost as to what happened, she is looking like a sexy mama!! Hopefully, she will continue doing well and I can keep dreaming of baby albinos!! (She's a 100% het) Thank you all, you are amazingly helpfull!!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
Melinda
I'd be willing to bet she's gonna shed within the next 3-4 days.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
Shadera
They usually clear after the cloudy period, and a shed is coming shortly after. Be very careful with handling while they are in shed, because you can easily tear the outer skin. Soaking really isn't necessary. If you have humidity issues, you can mist down her enclosure during this clear period and she should shed just fine.

And yes, some do eat during a shed cycle. I always offer food and let the snake make the choice. Sounds like she's doing just fine.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #14
Helenthereef

Yes, Adam, she's in a normal shed cycle. They go clear for anything up to a week after they cloud over, and then one morning you wake up to a nicely shed skin. That's my bet anyway.

I think she's taken care of it all herself.

Keep us informed though, it always helped me when I was starting with a new species to know there were other people looking over my shoulder!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!