IS THIS NORMAL:( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
cutefaces
Exclamation IS THIS NORMAL:(

I think know there is something wrong with my adult crested gecko (male) but i have no clue what it could be, it's definitely not lack of calcium. I wentto take him out the other day and he went psycho, darted out from his hide and ran around like a maniac, trying to go through the glass and jumping with out any sense of direction or anything to land on. he was always a little "sketched out" but NEVER has he beeen like this. I collected a fairly fresh fecal sample in a zip lock and froze it. his pee is normally white but it has some dark yellow in it now. he's eating fine, although maybe i overfeed...hhmmm......i'm so afraid of MBD, i dust medium size crickets about every two days (6-7 crickets) with calcium powder mixed with a sprinkle of CGD, and on the off days i feed a tsp of sugar free, citrus-free baby food. I do a real good all around mist once a day or so. I havn't added anything different (or harmful) to his enclosure, so does anyone have any thoughts? oh, and i keep a shallow water dish for him and do see him drinking from it. I'm terrified that he's going to drop his tail (i know that wouldn't be the end of the world...) for no apparent reason, or that he will break/fracture something. PLEASE, IFANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS or knows if this could be a "male in heat" thing, any input is better than none! thanks!

Old 04-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
cutefaces
oh...i left a few things out, he's not about to shed, had one about a week ago, and this hasn't only happend once (running around like a maniac) it happens everytime we go to close to his enclosure. it's like he's on speed, any thoughts?................anyone?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
cutefaces
Has ANYONE ever experienced anything like this with their own gecko? i've now noticed that he flattens himself on the bottom of his enclosure and moves very very slowly towards things (like a cat would do b 4 pouncing) it also seems like he just.....forgets that he's up somewhere and that he needs to hold on, and just drops. not like a slip. i am very concerned that it may be neurological......he pushes and drags his face/ head accross the glass and the styrofoam wall in the back of his enclosure (not all the time, but i have noticed now on a couple of occasions recently) i know that no one can say for sure but does this seem like it could in fact be neurological? maybe i'm over-analyzing what is simply a gecko with "speratic bursts of crazy energy". please share your thoughts, anyone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!