Can't find my Mom & Dad - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #1
dragonflyreptiles
Can't find my Mom & Dad

I cannot find my parents, they called from Cherokee at 6:28pm on the way home and the cell phone just died in the middle of a sentence from my mom to me.

I waited a little then called back, no answer, It takes 3 - 3.5 hours to get back here from there and I have tried the cell every 20 minuted from 7 til now and still no answer on the cell or home. Home I do not really expect yet but the cell should be in a good area by now. So Im guessing a dead battery for some rason the charger didn't work while on the road.

Well Im just scared and I fell that everyone and myself will tell me tomorrow that I overacted but for now Im a lot more than scared!

Old 12-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Well no need to wait to poke fun at me for over reacting, I just talked to my mom, the cell went dead and they left the charger in the Jeep and drove the Cadillac.

They are now grounded lol

Old 12-11-2005, 02:17 AM   #3
Junkyard
That's cute. I am happy to know your parents are okay. For a minute there I was looking for you in the paranormal forum posting the abduction of them

Old 12-11-2005, 02:23 AM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Thanks, Im a fanatic of you should be able to be found at all times, just as I was raised to be and I was kinda thinking they were either trying to give me a rather large panic attack or something was really wrong. Either way, not funny

Old 12-11-2005, 04:01 AM   #5
PaulSage
Don't you just hate crap like that?!

When I was 13 I worked w/ my dad at a little train station/historical/touristy thing, and when he was out on a run (he was the steam loco engineer) a tornado came out of nowhere and ripped huge trees out of the ground. The track ran 1 1/2 miles into the woods and back, and I ran all the way from the depot where I worked to the other end of the line not knowing what I would find. Parts of the track were torn out of the ground, and there were over a dozen large trees across the track. I kept thinking that after each tree I might see the whole train down at the bottom of the ravine.

Anyway, I got near the end and saw the train--still on the tracks--right at the end of the line. When I found my dad and the dozen or so passengers safely huddled around an old train car at the end of the line that had been turned into a museum thingy, I just completely lost it. Apparently the conductor was watching trees crash down on the tracks right behind them.

Okay, sorry that was completely off-topic, but it's 3am and I need a break from studying for finals.

I'm glad they're okay Wendy.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
Lucille
Wendy, I'm glad they are OK, but I understand how worrisome something like that could be. When you are worried like that it is good to share, your friends can empathize and that helps to cope with the worry sometimes.
Paul, I finished my last final yesterday, good luck on yours....

Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
Ginger Ambrose
Wendy, Glad everything turned out for the best.
I know how it is when you can't locate those you
Love.

Ginger Ambrose

Old 12-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Man, Paul, I could not imagine seeing or being near soemthing liek that happening!

Thanks All, I was worried and I had to do something and just typing it too me a few to be distracted by my spelling errors lol

Old 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #9
techgirl
i'm glad everything was well with your folks. isn't it funny how when we're kids we hated having to tell where we were everytime we went out and then as we get older it becomes a necessity and source of comfort to know where our loved ones are?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
very true Jessica! Funny how the tables the turn as we age!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!