Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #61
TripleMoonsExotic
I really don't see what all of the fuss is about disabling commenting on the classifieds. The only real competitor for classifieds to this website doesn't allow public commenting either and it has been this way for as far back as I can remember. It has not prevented them from being a success.

Some of us want to lock our ads to prevent such commentary, but it's been implied by some members that it's bad practice.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #62
Southern Wolf
I havent' implied that... I have said it outright.

Those that are dishonest tend to lock their ads so no one can bust them... so if someone has an ad locked... .I wont even buy from them. I have to wonder what they are hiding.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #63
hhmoore
I'm not hiding anything....I just don't like people posting in my ads

Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #64
rcpreis3
The main reason I come on this site over KS is because we can post in the classifieds. Instead of blocking all replies, wouldnt it just be easier to change it to where replies wouldnt bump an ad to the top? That would cut out on all the fake profiles and friends bumping friends, which would leave the mods more time. If they arent handing out those infractions the disruptive/abusive post wouldnt seem as much IMHO. But then again I dont really know how many bumping infractions there are compared to abusive ones.

The fact we can post in classifieds and ask questions is what makes FC different from KS. It would be very unfortunate if we are to be blocked indefinitly.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #65
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I havent' implied that... I have said it outright.

Those that are dishonest tend to lock their ads so no one can bust them... so if someone has an ad locked... .I wont even buy from them. I have to wonder what they are hiding.
Well here, case in point.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #66
Southern Wolf
There are alot of case in points.... but I will prolly get dinged for naming names. Alot of the proven bad guys here tend to lock their ads. Wouldn't you wonder what someone is hiding if you didn't know them?

Old 06-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #67
hhmoore
Why assume - this site is the home of the BOI. CHECK!
I'm not hiding anything; whether people are new, or not. Check my Trader Ratings, Check my BOI threads.......heck start an inquiry about me.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #68
hhmoore
The point being that people need to take some responsibility for their actions. If they are going to send somebody their hard earned money, they should be making sure that person has a good track record. A good portion of the people that are posting BOI links on people that have mixed, or bad, histories, are contributing members. Those people can still post in ads....

Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #69
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
There are alot of case in points.... but I will prolly get dinged for naming names. Alot of the proven bad guys here tend to lock their ads. Wouldn't you wonder what someone is hiding if you didn't know them?
So all of us that operate honestly and with integrity that happen to decide to lock our ads should be lumped into a group with ones that have been shown to be 'bad guys'? Thankfully, my customers use, and have used, the proper tools (BOI, peer recommendations) before purchasing from me, instead of taking such a myopic view.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #70
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The point being that people need to take some responsibility for their actions.
So when are the ones causing problems gonna get to take some responsibility for their actions. Their actions are causing everyone else to take responsibility for it.

With the last two crackdowns on the classifieds.... its been because of a select few.... not the many, but the many get punished for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!