Bad Guy Naturalist Guy, Kenneth Barnett - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #31
NaturalistGuy
Sorry for my poor grammar. I am still foggy brained. No jokes about ". . how is that new?" LOL.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #32
NaturalistGuy
I thank everyone for the support. I know that the RED X might mean nothing to the educated, and the clear minded- and those that read the threads. But it does nothing for me just knowing THAT. Just because I am politely asking for it to be removed, based on this unique (highly unusual situation where my private exchange with a harassing person was used against me)- doesn't mean I will have my kind request met. But there is never harm to impartial decisions either. Never. That is what it is all about. I'd be happy to lose, if this type of thing is brought out into the open. Thanks to all that have posted in support of me in this situation. And yes, so far, it looks like I may have beaten cancer. Sincerely, Kenny

Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #33
Snake-Queen
I also want to congratulate you on winning your battle with cancer. I hope my father also wins his battle and keeps his passions as you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #34
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalistGuy View Post
I believe, that people are rational enough to understand that this. I believe that good people will understand me, and decide in my favor. I really hope Rich looks at this one, talks to Harold, and makes the right decision. This one seems to be one of the easier ones.

Respectfully,
Kenny
Rich didn't need to talk to me about this - he owns the site, and makes the policies. My response on the matter was simply a reflection of his consistent stance. If a thread about you gets special consideration, how can we justify not giving others that same consideration? We are asked to remove or edit threads fairly often, and many have "legitimate concerns", "extenuating/special circumstances", or are "suffering hardships".
It isn't that I don't understand your position, or that I'm not empathetic enough; it's just the way things are. If you want to make a plea to Rich, have at it. The decision you want is well above my pay grade.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #35
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalistGuy View Post
OOPS post #24 above should have read "Dear Harold and Charles. . " Typo. :-)
Hi Kenneth,
I think you might have the wrong impression of my role on fauna. It seems by the post I quoted and a couple earlier posts that you think I am a moderator or part of the staff on Fauna. I am just a member like yourself and have no authority on this forum. Sorry if I came across that way! Perhaps it was the way I worded my posts is what led you to believe that I am a moderator. I am an admin on another forum so I do choose my words wisely when posting especially on this forum due to what's at stake, reputations, personal business, and so on. Also the fact that BOI posts can't be edited or deleted plays a huge role in what and how I choose to post.

With that said I completely agree with you on all accounts. I wish I was able to help or change things but I can't. I have been meaning to post on the feedback forum addressing this very issue and have put it off for far to long. I think I will create that thread within the next couple of days and will let you know when I do so you can add your opinion and stance on the subject also.

Thanks you, and again congratulations on beating cancer and wish you a 100% recovery!!

Cheers,
Charles

Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #36
NaturalistGuy
I get that Harold

That you can't do this for everyone. But you can do it when a) I am not a BAD GUY and it says I AM. b) That delineation is not inserted by a 3rd party, but by the programming of FAUNA without merit just because anyone may want to and c) Every single thing in life is not black and white. If you want someone to stand as a BAD BUY on FAUNA, then it better be TRUE. Because if is not, then I will be told that- not by FAUNA, but by someone impartial.

Look. A third party tried to use work I did- and posted it on the internet. Their wording at their WARNING page about posts, etc. were a lot more heavy handed than what I read here. And guess what? I won. I got it removed.

I get it all, I read all of Rich's warnings, all of the laws, and I GET IT. Really. But if you feel personally, that it all fits into that ONE NICE NEAT place, and that ALL cases will be laughed at, and deemed to fall under the 3rd party bus, well this is wrong. There are other issues here.

If FAUNA and their legal staff, feel that the "BAD GUY NATURALISTGUY" should stay, and they feel that it is just to leave it up, when in fact it is inflammatory and false, and via all these posts KNOW such, then we'll find out, and maybe I will as well. I may learn something here. Which is what I like to do.

Nothing EVER is solid. EVER. The law, and what is done in each unique circumstance is FLUID. Such is life. No one is crying here. No one is saying "oh woe is me."

I am saying that something needs to be done, if your going to leave a false moniker along side my good name. And that is: REMOVE IT. Simple, clear, clean, easy. Not for everyone, not for every case, but for THIS RARE CASE.

I guess our lovely lady wins after all, because she got what she wanted. Unbridled freedom to slander my name. And by having me leave FAUNA, and to have all of my friends see this entire situation, might in the end, help me if nothing else.

Look forward to seeing you when I'm in town.

Best,
Kenny

Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #37
NaturalistGuy
Dear Charles,
Yes, at first I did think you were a moderator. My apologies as well for the misunderstanding.
Best
Kenny

Old 04-04-2014, 12:49 AM   #38
chazzz
Hello again Kenny,
No worries! I will be sending you a personal message through fauna in a little while. Just wanted to let you know so you check your inbox incase you don't get notified by email when you receive new messages through fauna.
Thanks,
Charles

Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #39
Ed Clark
This is certainly a thread that could be considered to be removed. nothing should be cast in stone.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #40
laterob
Slippery slope. Mods/ Rich start to take ownership of comments and become liable (?). The difference between the BOI and a lot of other venues is that guilt is not assigned here by anyone linked to the site...it's just a public bulletin-board, so to speak. I appreciate what you do, Kenny, and think this thread will help you more than hurt, but I am on the fence about its removal. Fortunately, it's not my decision.

Either way, I wish you the best if luck in your endeavors.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!