Reptster Shipping - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
Interesting concept. So do shippers still need to be certified through Fedex or are they essentially using Repster's account.

Bart
Apparently, you just need to watch the video on how to ship properly, and then you are allowed to use Repsters service. They have some deal going with fed ex. Although i dont know the details, Im pretty excited for it though! What a genius service!

Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
As I se it you are using Reptsters account. But watching a video there gets you certified to ship via reptster...
By using Reptster and viewing that video every shipper is certified...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #13
norsmis
That is correct. You are certified once you watch the video. I have followed this since its conception and have talked to David Young (one of the creators) personally on the phone and he was more than helpful. I think talking to him or one of his staff if a problem arises would be more of a benefit than talking to Fedex directly to be honest. I havent had good customer service from Fedex in the past. Anyway, try it out and like someone said, the boxes are FREE!!!!! They will even send you a months worth if you are high volume shipper.....

Old 06-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #14
Gary O
I will be using them for sure. I think it is nice to see something like this. And maybe fedex is starting to open their eyes that the herp community needs a great shipper and will pay for one.....

Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #15
SerpenXotics
I am definatly giving it a shot I ordereed 3 boxes and should have some stuff going out here soon. I think it's awesome!!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #16
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
By using Reptster and viewing that video every shipper is certified...

I know that when I was approached by Reptster, they couldn't save me anything on shipping.

Also.... by using Reptster as a go between for shipping, the shipper is allowed to skip the verification process???

Free box's and donations..... sounds great, but when a shipper runs in a problem and cant deal directly with FedEx...... well GOOD LUCK, and I hope it works out well.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
DavidYoung
I apologize for your incorrect impression Jim. You can contact FedEx as much as you would like. We are in a third party situation in our partnership. You ship through FedEx, the label is generated by FedEx and FedEx customer services the package just like you shipped it without Reptster. If you have any questions about it or are unsure about anything with shipping please feel free to contact our customer service at 727-388-4633 or you can email me directly at dyoung@reptster.com.

Thanks,
David Young

Old 06-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #18
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidYoung
I apologize for your incorrect impression Jim. You can contact FedEx as much as you would like. We are in a third party situation in our partnership. You ship through FedEx, the label is generated by FedEx and FedEx customer services the package just like you shipped it without Reptster. If you have any questions about it or are unsure about anything with shipping please feel free to contact our customer service at 727-388-4633 or you can email me directly at dyoung@reptster.com.

Thanks,
David Young

Incorrect impression ?

I asked you out right, "if I have any problems/issues with a shipment, who would I call"?
You said, "I can't call my FedEx Rep, that I would have to deal directly with Reptster, if I was going to ship thru you, and that I couldn't mention any discounts that you provided to FedEx"

Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #19
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
Incorrect impression ?

I asked you out right, "if I have any problems/issues with a shipment, who would I call"?
You said, "I can't call my FedEx Rep, that I would have to deal directly with Reptster, if I was going to ship thru you, and that I couldn't mention any discounts that you provided to FedEx"

How long ago did you talk to him about this and such? Its possible that things could have changed a bit differently... especially now that things are seemingly chugging along quite nicely?

*shrug* just a thought.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
How long ago did you talk to him about this and such? Its possible that things could have changed a bit differently... especially now that things are seemingly chugging along quite nicely?

*shrug* just a thought.

Our conversation took place on May 17th.
If things have changed since then he hasn't said anything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
repster, reptster