Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 50 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #491
sally-dog
These ads have been removed from that link, probably after this was posted.

http://www.domesticsale.com/Classifieds/436942.html

Old 12-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #492
amercnwmn
sorry, couldn't see it? what was it?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #493
amercnwmn
That was a quick removal.

She must be lurking under "Guest" viewing the thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #494
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
sorry, couldn't see it? what was it?
Those ads you posted screenshots of. I did not see the link at the top of your post. It's the same one.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #495
amercnwmn
Ah..well she got them removed PDQ I'd say

Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #496
sally-dog
Let's rewind.

Look at the date on the 2nd part of the ad Courtney posted on page 49. It is small and hard to read, but it says in the bottom right corner: 5/23/10

Look at the date of this post: 6/28/10
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...us-jampea.html

The dates lead me to believe this animal was SICK and still being treated at the time that ad was posted. Her career with selling sick animals appears to have started back in May.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #497
sally-dog
This animal still has burns from Baytril injections as of 7/31/10
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...16-jampea.html

In the second to last picture, please look at the mouth area, which looks to be slightly exposed.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #498
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Ok and if this behavior happens again I will remember: video, not pics. Does it help if I just tell you he was REALLY still while his head was upside down, and then when he moved he moved really slow, almost with half-movements? Does that mean anything at all as far as chemical vs IBD?
You really need to see his locomotion, and reaction to things and see if it's normal or not. I've seen some snakes do some weird things sometimes. I have a Sunglow that's in love with the roof of her cage. She'll raise up and stare at the top for an hour if I don't move and catch her attention, or open her cage. Used to freak me out, but she act's perfectly normal, and will immediately look at me if I approach. I just figured it's a blond moment or something.

Put him on the floor and see if he slithers right. Put him upside down, and do a count to see how long it takes to right himself. You shouldn't exceed 2-3 seconds, if that, on a healthy animal. If these seem off, or slowed, then it's probable it has a neurological issue.

But only tests will reveal if it's IBD or poison. You could probably get the toxicology done a little cheaper then the IBD, because you already know what ingredients to test for, and it can be done by drawing blood. No need to test for all possible toxins in this case. You'll need biopsies of several organs to properly test the animal for IBD, then the testing costs as well. It could add up.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #499
Elizabethlea27
Ok. So here's my update. He can right himself fine, and my vet said neonates actually tend to stargaze sometimes with no negative reason behind it, and we agreed that was a possibility, because he is showing no signs of coordination problems today whatsoever. He rights himself immediately when flipped, crawled up the vet's arm, was tongue flicking, and generally acted bright and normal. Especially after an hour's drive.

HOWEVER.

That does not negate the fact that he has and had mites, and that he was exposed to possible IBD. My vet is going to email Dr. Jacobson herself about which tests (blood tests/biopsies) to do on whom, and after the holidays are over we will proceed from there. If any snakes are IBD positive I will have them put down. If they test negative they get another year to show symptoms or then be re-tested. And that's it! h and she asked how many snakes I have, about my quarantine room and how I do quarantine, and although the mite issue is a huge shame she is happy with what I'm doing and just wants me to keep it up. We will start testing ASAP.

Hopefully very soon mites won't be a worry... there were a quite a few dead on paper towels today.

And the last thing I wanted to add, was that before we headed out to the vet's office we checked the bags Ashley had sent me the two Bolivians in - and sure enough, there were tiny dead mites in them. Ashley, you DEFINITELY gave my collection mites as well as exposed it to probable IBD. Where is your response to this?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #500
amercnwmn
WTF?!?

So she was selling a Jampea that she JUST GOT (same one she CLAIMED had been STARVED by a member of RTB) that was also really sick?????

WTF?! I think this illustrates she is the absolute LOWEST form of SCUM.
OMG, it just keeps getting worse. I'm positively SICK.

I kept thinking, she was just overzealous and didn't pay attention to the warning signs. Now I see the PROOF she is just a money hungry animal abuser.

There were other signs, rabbits left to dehydrate/starve, an aggressive dog allowed to chase the bunnies around the house, striking the poor dog because it tore up the couch, kicking it because it growls after being struck...

Now it's obvious she's been sitting there as a "guest" viewing the thread, but too cowardly to reply. You don't deserve to have animals!

I'm just GREEN over the comment "Responsible animal keeping will keep anything bad from happening" in response to concerns over large snakes with your children.
Ashley YOU are NOT a responsible animal keeper. You may need to consider letting your mother KEEP your son instead of fighting for custody. I feel sorry for your daughter.

Ashley if I were you, I would get the hell out of this hobby, and I would NEVER show my face at a show. That's not a threat, that's just SHAME. As in you should be ASHAMED of yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd