FedEx Certification Contact - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #31
CJBianco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAlley
I have to admit we have been very fortunate. I emailed Lenny on June 14 (when I was told about this thread, thanks Colin), and I didnt hear anything for about a week. I found out that they had been at some huge convention. He emailed me Sunday Night (Father's Day), to get my zip code and the next day I got two emails from my area rep Courtney,and a phone call, she and I ended up playing tag. Since then Courtney has called me a few times to see how these are going on my end and to set me up with any online training for their website at fedex.com. Yesterday, I got my package together and then did their online pickup and the driver was here about 20 minutes after his window started (told them to pick up between 12:30 and 5pm). Took the package and this morning I received a email from David at FedEx Packaging Design and Development, stating that my stuff passed and to contact my rep so that she can finish up the paperwork for me. They sent me all my info through adobe's pdf files. What I thought was cool, was the fact that they had the different photos as they open the packaging. And even had on their that I made sure that, that if there had been a reptile in there, they weren't going anywhere and were as safe as possible. I showed my husband when he this afternoon when I saw him briefly and he was like good job.
Now if Delta would get back with me and get the ball rolling, then I'd REALLY be a happy camper. For now I'm happy knowing that one big obstacle is out of the way.
Chris I owe you a huge thank you and I owe you one.
Thanks for posting and sharing your experience, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you. Believe me I've been trying to get the ball rolling with Fed-Ex since March but didnt have a contact person. Thanks
For all of you out there who are not having much luck with your area reps, I would call Lenny or email him and let him know. Courtney, my rep is estatic (?), right now, I'm her first reptile client, so we are learning together as we go. What she doesnt know she goes and finds and calls me back, which is so cool having someone who WANTS to help.
Stephanie
Isn't it amazing how completely excited the regional reps are acting? Lenny still emails me sometimes just to see how everything is going. Man! That's just good customer service. No doubt about it. FedEx rocks!

And you don't owe me a thing. If you owe me, then I owe everybody before me. And that's a lot of owing. I remember emailing Cathy Love last year and asking about the FedEx process. She gave me some good advice. There were already a few threads about it here and there. I guess it wasn't until Lenny came on the scene that everything seemed to just click into place across the board. Maybe that's who we should owe. We should owe Lenny. In fact, I'll just refuse to pay my next FedEx bill. Then I'll REALLY owe him! =)

Take care...

Chris =)

Old 07-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #32
CJBianco
I was thinking...Lenny has really been vital in kickstarting the FedEx process for all of us. The man has definitely bent WAY over backward in acting as a liaison between customers and other reps. And he never fails to go that one step farther...like taking Greg as his personal client, even though Greg isn't officially in Lenny's jurisdiction. That's just great customer service. Plain and simple.

Would it be a stupid idea to take up a small Fauna Fund and send him a fruit basket or something in appreciation for all his devoted work to the reptile (or any animal) industry?

Maybe a dollar each from twenty or so people? Something like that? (How much does a fruit basket cost?)

I know it sounds crazy, but Lenny really has really gone the extra mile...again and again.

Does that idea sound ridiculous?

Maybe I'll just do it myself and say that it's from everyone here. Yes?

Chris

Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #33
Matt Haines
Wow, I didn't even notice this thread until today! I have been wondering how I would go about getting setup for this and I can't wait to contact him for a reply from my local rep. Lenny is da man!

Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #34
albinoballpythons
why do you have to have a credit card to open a FedEx account. i don't have a credit card and don't plan on getting one. what should i do?

Old 07-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #35
Matt Haines
Do you have a debit card with a visa or mastercard logo on it? That should work fine as well.

Old 07-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #36
ReptileAlley
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoballpythons
why do you have to have a credit card to open a FedEx account.
I dont have a credit card either, just my debit card that has the Visa logo on it. I called fedex when I saw they had charged my account $10. I asked them what was going on, they told me this was their way of finding out if the card was actually good and being used and that it would be taken off my accout in a day or two. Sure enough it was taken off my account.
Plus when you go to ship anything through FedEx, they automatically will bill your credit card/ debit card.
So yes you need some sort of card when you register.
Stephanie

Old 07-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #37
CJBianco
Oh, yes! Debit cards work, too. I actually signed up using my debit card. Everything was fine.

Good luck!

Chris

Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #38
CJBianco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAlley
Plus when you go to ship anything through FedEx, they automatically will bill your credit card/ debit card.
Stephanie
You could also arrange for invoices and/or other billing options, but I prefer to have them charge my debit card. It still takes them a week or so to charge my account, but at least I don't have another paper bill arriving in the mail. I already have plenty of those!

Chris

Old 07-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #39
gmherps
I just signed my legal waiver and will be ready to ship ASAP!!! Took all of about 1 month.

Thanks for all the help Chris!!

Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 PM   #40
CJBianco
No problem, Greg.

(Just remember me when you have animals for sale! LOL)

Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!