INQUIRY - snowballsballpythons.com - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:43 AM   #121
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
Yah. I guess it would put a damper on his sales if his Terms page simply had a pic of a guy bending over and grabbing his ankles.

It would be more honest though

This is my first post here but I am a long time fan of the BOI. I had to comment on this one because it had me laughing out loud at work! Too Dang Funny!

Old 12-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #122
Chameleon Company
Wink

As pointed out by Suncoast in these quotes taken from the website of the dirtbags:
Quote:
Our life mission is to exemplify the highest level of honesty, integrity, leadership and quality in our daily life and to those customers we are fortunate enough to serve.
and
Quote:
And as always, remember to please treat each other how you would want to be treated and with respect.
I think that this rates as the perfect example of a trend that I think exists in "self-marketing", whether it be the reptile business or elsewhere. That axiom would be that the more time and effort someone spends telling you how great and honest they are, the more likely it is that the opposite is true. I think that the thread on CRE (Carolina Reptile Exchange) was loaded with the same junk from their website. Perfect examples of "do as I say, not as I do ...." as well.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #123
Justin Mitcham
Wow I can't believe these two, just wondering if there is anything Matt can do legally to get these guys to stop harrassing him. Must be some laws on the books to help.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:31 PM   #124
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Mitcham
Wow I can't believe these two, just wondering if there is anything Matt can do legally to get these guys to stop harrassing him. Must be some laws on the books to help.
There is a thread around here somewhere, where a couple of us suggested that he should go after them for cyberstalking. There is more than enough evidence that he is being harrassed. Matt didn't want to do anything about it, don't remember his exact response, but it seems like he might be getting "use" to the attention.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:22 PM   #125
Ghi Reptiles
Hey John,

Yes...unfortunately I am use to it but it is also a huge burden. It's not that I don't want to do anything about it because I do, but it's not as easy as you think. Over the last two plus years these guys have made it apparent that they will not stop with their harassment and lies both posting as themselves and under aliases.

Also it seems like the authorities have better things to do than work on electronic harassment, cyber stalking, and cyber squatting cases. I am still waiting on a call back from an internet crime division where I have left a few messages.

So all in all John...yes I want them to stop. Like ripping me off for thousands wasn't enough right? They really don't realize how lucky they are up to this point that I haven't done anything...maybe their luck will run out someday

Old 12-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #126
Chameleon Company
Thinking out loud here ...

Matt,
I concur completely with the analysis of what your practical options are, or better put, "are not" from your last post. It would be nice if every venue, especially KS, had a forum such as this, or some obvious links, that could inform people quickly of the malicious actions of such as these two clowns who have wasted so much of their time trying to smear you. This forum affords all the opportunity to come and state their case. You have certainly done so, and invited these bums to come and play as well, and let people form their opinions as the dust settles. For what seem to be obvious reasons, they have chosen not to. But yet they are still able to put up the fake websites, etc, as they have no life except to continue this vendetta. I am convinced that they are the bad guys, as is just about every reader here. I also like the idea of being "pro-active". Here's the new approach. You Matt, as the offended party, need to alert the posse, in very easy terms, as to how to email these clowns, whether it be their direct email address, or link through their latest website, etc. And then the rest of us, who have formed an opinion here, and want to help, will use that information provided to send an email to these two, and tell them that so long as they continue their stupidity, we will make every effort to inform those within the reptile community of their stupidity, via all the plentiful electronic means possible, as well as shows, business transactions, etc. Speaking solely for myself, I have no trouble sending them an email explaining that whereas a week ago I didn't know who they were and didn't care, that I now view their continued antics as bad for the business, and for so long as you come to this forum and document their continued stupidity, I will continue to go out of my way to influence people to avoid them. Rich has seen fit to have a "good guy certification". Well, we can let the power of the BOI, where all are welcome to plead their case, serve as a venue for annointing a "bad guy certification" such as these bums. This thread is far more thorough in doing that than any "good guy certificaton" that I have seen. I do not mean this to apply to deals gone bad, or money owed, as that is a pretty big net. But those exceptional cases, such as this where a "bad guy" is continuing to try to hurt the business of another legitimate entity, rates such treatment, at least for me to drink a beer or two and fire off an email. Again, speaking solely for myself, put up the easiest possible way for me to send them an email to them, and I'll crank a good one. I don't give a rat's rear end as to how they reply. I think that there are others here that would do likewise.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 AM   #127
The BoidSmith
Matt,

During all your e-mail exchange you had with Tim in the past, were you ever threatened by him in any way? Were there even any veiled threats that you have kep record of? Threatening another person over the internet with bodily harm is a federal offense punishable with up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. Although you may not legally get him because he is “annoying”, threats are viewed under a complete different light.

Regards

Old 12-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #128
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Dan,

I have so many records from forums it would make your head spin. No real threats of bodily harm but 'eluding to'...is common place. The 'I am so close to you I can be in your front door in minutes', the 'There will be a couple of guys looking for you at the expo', the 'wait til we finally meet face to face', and so on.

You see these two are something really special because they post under aliases quite often. I think the list is up to over a dozen names now. But the MODs of forums have been cool with me and have told me who these ficticious posters really are including Pruett himself telling me that on his forum 'ToHotToHandle', who was ragging on me and posting lies about me, was Bowles. No loyalty there I guess.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #129
The BoidSmith
Matt,

Then you might find this interesting. Next time let them know about it:

Quote:
Federal law provides a number of important tools that are available to combat cyberstalking. Under 18 U.S.C. 875(c), it is a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, to transmit any communication in interstate or foreign commerce containing a threat to injure the person of another. Section 875(c) applies to any communication actually transmitted in interstate or foreign commerce - thus it includes threats transmitted in interstate or foreign commerce via the telephone, e-mail, beepers, or the Internet.
One thing you may want to do is save all these veiled threats and e-mail exchanged completely unaltered. They might be useful to you in the future.

Best regards.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #130
Ghi Reptiles
I've got screen shots of them and they are saved in their original formats.

Thanks Dan!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!