INQUIRY - snowballsballpythons.com - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #141
Ghi Reptiles
Well freewebs.com shut down the site that was put up illegally again! Even though 'Snowballs' won't come here he is conveniently slamming me on another forum. He posted what he calls 'proof' of who he says he is by showing a picture of a retirement benifits card with his name on it...his first name 'Everett', no last name or addy but a city and state...Columbus Ohio.

I have informed him that if he can tell me that he is not Tim Bowles or knows him personally that I will come here and make a public appology to him for the mistake but he refuses to elaborate on the relationship between himself and Tim Bowles. You would think that the guy would want to completely clear his name...if it was that simple.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #142
Ghi Reptiles
To whom it may concern, Tim or 'Ev', owner of snowballsballpythons.com...help me out with something here,

Why is it that when you click on the 'PayPal buy it now' button on your available offspring page, this comes up:
Quote:
Pay To: Snowballs
Payment For:

Currency: U.S. Dollars
Amount: $1,000.00 USD
Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD
Total Amount: $1,000.00 USD
You had something on your page about accepting donations which is no longer there...would this be $1,000.00 for donations?

You also have this on your site:

Now when you click on it, this is what comes up:
Quote:
morti@primareptilia.com is PayPal Verified
PayPal's Verification System allows you to learn more about users before you pay them through PayPal. Verify that the information below is consistent with the business, organization or person you wish to pay.
Email: morti@redtailboa.net
Account Creation Date: Apr. 27, 2001
Are you also Morti?

Help me understand why you would accept donations through PayPal when you have to be a non-profit organization to do so.

Why would you have $1,000.00 inserted automatically when someone clicks on the buy it now button?

Why would you take someone elses 'PayPal VERIFIED' symbol off of their own site without asking them first?

Are you even VERIFIED with PayPal or did you just want to make it look like you are?

You were having fun attempting to rip me apart on another forum then when you started to be questioned by the members there you called them sharks, bottom feeders, and criminals.

It looks to me like you are the one that isn't being honest with people...what gives?

Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #143
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghi Reptiles
Help me understand why you would accept donations through PayPal when you have to be a non-profit organization to do so.
Unless he is saying the donations are tax deductable, he doesn't have to be a non profit to solicit money from folks. People do it all the time. From soliciting "donations" at car washes, web pages where you can "donate" to a womans breast implants, etc. etc.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #144
Ghi Reptiles
Hey john,

Actually according to PayPal You have to prove to them that you are a non-profit organization for a donation to go through them. I guess that's why the donation part was removed from his site.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #145
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I seem to remember Mr. Tim Bowels using the name Morti as one of his alias's on another site. I can't remember which site and when but it sure rings a bell to me. Hell it is just like him to use another person's name to try and make himself look like someone else......hmmm like maybe a family members name......hmmm things to think about.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #146
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Rob,

Morti is a real person, I know him, and the verified paypal logo was taken off of his site without his permission. How pathetic can you be to steal a logo to make people think you are something you are not...a verified paypal site. The scam continues...

Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #147
Torin
Quote:
Hey Rob,

Morti is a real person, I know him, and the verified paypal logo was taken off of his site without his permission. How pathetic can you be to steal a logo to make people think you are something you are not...a verified paypal site. The scam continues...
Glad to hear that Morti isn't involved. I remember him from another site, and my impression of him then was that he was decent and ethical.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #148
Ghi Reptiles
Incredibly decent guy but the paypal link was stolen from his site which is why his info came up on Snowballsballpythons site when the link was clicked on.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #149
ldydrgn
And ya know what else is amusing? Clicking the Paypal referral logo would redirect you to our website! So there were two links he stole off of there when all he had to do was go to Paypal and get them himself. *shrug* At least he removed them when Donnie e-mailed him, but a reply never came back...

Something esle that bothers me about this, whoever he may be: accepting deposits on animals that aren't even born/hatched yet. To me, that's like counting your chickens before they hatch. And the deposit is non-refundable. What if every egg goes bad? Customer doesn't want to wait another year, but he's also out the cash. We don't accept deposits until the babies have shed and taken their first meal so we KNOW they we will be alive and healthy when they are put on hold.

Then there is the $1,000 Buy Now button and you can't change the amount. WTF???

He wants people to believe he's upstanding and honest? Personally, it screams rip-off to me. *shudder*

Thanks for the kind words about Donnie (Morti), Matt. We do our best to be good people. Keep up the good work and fighting the good fight!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #150
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Hey john,

Actually according to PayPal You have to prove to them that you are a non-profit organization for a donation to go through them. I guess that's why the donation part was removed from his site.
Wow, that's interesting. I wasn't aware of that, and I don't think many people are. There are thousands of websites that use that donation button.....from help me with my bills, help pay for college, help pay for breast implants, etc. etc.
Heck, before the pay system here- FC/BOI, wasn't the way we donated money through one of those buttons? I don't remember.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!