Free Iguana--pickup only N. Ca. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
GuinnyOne
Free Iguana--pickup only N. Ca.

I have an iguana that was given to me about a year ago. She is probably about 3.5 feet long.

The woman that gave her to me had taken her from a boy who had her in a box in the front seat of his car. He was leaving for college and had no intention of taking her with him. She was severly underweight at that time. She has regrown about 6 inches on the tip of her tail. Cleo has basically had a really crummy start to life. No clue on her age.

When the iguana was given to me, she had some old stitches in her jaw and a large scar on her belly. The woman said that they had been there when she took the iguana. I removed the old stitches on the spot.

Cleo is excellent with people, but about 4 months ago, she started relentlessly attacking my other female iguana. Cleo is slightly underweight at this time...probably from chasing my other iguana to all ends of my house.

Cleo does not tail whip or bite. She can be cuddled with. But after treating the injuries on my other iguana, and seeing how this aggression is affecting them both, I have decided to find Cleo a new home.

So please, a home with no other iguanas unless you can permanently keep them seperated where they cannot even see eachother.

I am located in Jackson, east of Sacramento. I am willing to drive to Sacramento or Folsom (or???) to meet up, but for $10 just for gas money for driving to these areas.

Like I said, if you want a real cuddler, this girl is for you. I have never been around such a people friendly iggy. She even lets my 4-year old pet her without batting an eye.

You can reply here or e-mail me directly at guinnyone@sbcglobal.net

Please be prepared to tell me a little bit about the home you can offer. I don't want your SS #, address, tax id, driver's license, or any other personal information...just tell me what you plan to do with Cleo once you get her home.

Thanks, Kelly

Old 03-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
Lucille
I don't suppose you would be willing to drive Cleo to Texas?

Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
GuinnyOne
I would if I could. There are some folks nearby that are driving back to Texas to pick up their stuff from somewhere...but I wouldn't trust them with a house plant, let alone Cleo. Kelly

Old 05-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
cathypvn
I would love to have her. I live in North carolina and will come pick her up. Please write back and let us know when. Thank you and I hope to hear from you really soon.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 AM   #5
Bob Kite
You should try emailing her directly at the email address listed, you might get a faster response.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
GuinnyOne
Well, I already found a wonderful home for Cleo in Sacramento, California.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread