Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #41
dragonluver83
ooohh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23 View Post
I agree that the female is more expensive but if you were specifically getting a male that is close to breeding age that is what you want not a female that is around 2 years away from breeding. I agree that keeping the female and asking for a refund is a lot.
i missed that somewhere but to get refunded and keeping the snake is pretty far fetched. Try and stay reasonable. no matter who your dealing with.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #42
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
i missed that somewhere but to get refunded and keeping the snake is pretty far fetched. Try and stay reasonable. no matter who your dealing with.
Word. Reasonable problemsolving is quite a distance from golddigging.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #43
rusticreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
Im not a snake guy so forgive me, but who cares about the $$$. Nicole wanted a male got a female. obviously she wants a male and if she still wants a male after knowing the above. She is entitled to it. Ed obviously didnt loose anything because he didnt even know the sex. Even thought it was supposedly sexed!!! Ed by his own words said 30 day sex guarantee and should replace it. As he posted he would.
I am still curious if the snake was already treated for the parasites??? An also curious if he sends you a replacement snake what condition will it be in? Will it need treatment for the same parasite? Sounds like a double headache. Maybe you should treat the animals you got and look for a male somewhere else.

I am starting the process of deworming now, and will have them both retested a month after treatments have ceased.

As already stated, it's not smart to ship a snake in this weather, I love animals and I know am attached to this snake, I don't want to endanger this snake or a replacement snake that will most likely have parasites and who knows if the gender will be correct this time? It doesn't seem right for the animal that has been near death, trucked back and forth to the vet, medication itself is hard on the animals system, to ship it back. What happens if she dies during transit? Am I then liable to Ed for the cost of her?

So do I hold her for 3 months and then ship? A male at that point would do me no good as by the time quarantine is over, it will be too late for me to breed them.

Not sure what else can be done?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #44
rusticreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Word. Reasonable problemsolving is quite a distance from golddigging.
So keeping a sick snake that may or may not recover and wanting some sort of compensation for the BS I've been through is gold digging?

It is hard to come to a reasonable solution when the person won't get in touch with you!

That is why I came on here, trying to get a response...just got one though, so it worked.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #45
rusticreptiles
Just wanted to thank everyone for their input, good, bad, for, against, unsure. It has helped to clarify things and it did it's job which was to get Ed to contact me.
Nothing is resolved at the moment, but at least we are talking.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #46
dragonluver83
compensation and getting free animals are two different things. Well now that your getting some sort of resolution maybe you should ask Ed and work out an agreement with the treatments and care for three months or whatever else you have questions about. and if your not getting some sort of justice you know what to do. But be level headed about your "wants" or "what you think is right." You got cought in a shitty deal and you to need to work *together* on coming to a resolution. Cause your still in a situation that can be made worse.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #47
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I think it's moot at this point really since Ed has already offered a pretty standard resolution to the miss-sexing. Return the snake, get a replacement.
Normally I would agree with you. But the OP now has additional $$$ tied up in a vet bill. Sorry, but there is no way I would ship a snake back for an even trade after shelling out $300+ in vet bills. I cant remember what they said they paid for it (read too many threads since then), but going off a earlier post that males are around $250... why would you want to send a snake back that you have $550 in, just for him to turn around and send you another $250 snake. And this next comment it not meant to be against Ed.... and HOPE you dont have medical problems with it (hey... anything is possible... and with my luck. Thats what I would get)

Im not sure what would be a reasonable answer here. The OP already has more in vet bills than the cost of the snake from what Im gathering.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #48
TailsWithScales
Nicole,

In Ed's defense (no flaming me folks!) not even the best heat packs and insulation can withstand those temps. And those little ones are little miracles for surviving. Also I can understand the possibility of a misunderstanding of when to ship. Miss communications do happen especially when someone is in a hurry or something has part of their attention.

Personally you should keep her and sell her offspring or just sell her on your own when the weather improves. Attached or not. I know I would. I understand the HUGE frustration in getting a miss-sexed animal. But really when it comes down to it (IMO) if you think of just the price Ed is really getting the short end of the stick if you keep her. She's worth more even as a young baby and of course the more weight she puts on the more she'll be worth. But I'm sure you know all that.

That all being said I do fault BOTH of you for the animals being shipped. Yes most of the blame is on Ed but the full mistake is not his. New to the hobby or not how could you think that all the insulation and heat packs would protect an animal in a cardboard box in below freezing temperatures???? Even in a good amount gear a warmblooded human cannot survive that. No offense but in seems that common sense was not used on your side either.

I am not absolving Ed of the mistakes but I am understanding how they could have happened.

I think a good resolve would be you keep the animal and Ed pay you the difference. Meaning pay you the difference between market average on a male vs female Black Pastel. So if a male (hearsay) costs $200 and a female of the same age and close weight costs $350 then Ed should pay you $150.
That way it's as though you bought a female not a male. Not what you wanted I know. But better then nothing and then there's the potential of having another - nice looking breeder female black pastel.

My reason for coming up with this solution is sending back the female, attachment or not, is just plain not safe and he won't refund without her being sent. Rightfully so. Not safe for him to ship you a different animal.

These are just my thoughts. Again sorry for the hassles and hope it's resolved soon.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
dragonluver83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticreptiles View Post
So keeping a sick snake that may or may not recover and wanting some sort of compensation for the BS I've been through is gold digging?

It is hard to come to a reasonable solution when the person won't get in touch with you!

That is why I came on here, trying to get a response...just got one though, so it worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Normally I would agree with you. But the OP now has additional $$$ tied up in a vet bill. Sorry, but there is no way I would ship a snake back for an even trade after shelling out $300+ in vet bills. I cant remember what they said they paid for it (read too many threads since then), but going off a earlier post that males are around $250... why would you want to send a snake back that you have $550 in, just for him to turn around and send you another $250 snake. And this next comment it not meant to be against Ed.... and HOPE you dont have medical problems with it (hey... anything is possible... and with my luck. Thats what I would get)

Im not sure what would be a reasonable answer here. The OP already has more in vet bills than the cost of the snake from what Im gathering.
Actually she got a more expensive snake,Ed made a mistake or who ever sexed it. So maybe she should just KEEP the snake and resell it after she gets it treated. sounds like the snake would pay itself off and the vet bill in due time. I know thats kinda crappy but not everything goes as planned with every transaction.
Also Nicole what you want and what your actually gonna get may be two different things. Looks like everything is all good with the miss sexing. but as far as vet bills this sounds like its coming outta her pockets. Nicole do you want another snake after getting those in with problems? Sounds like more drama than you really need. But hey, your vet will love you!

Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #50
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

O, you misunderstand me. I simply was stating that was what Ed has offered on the table and he's seems to be stickin' with it. As far as more in vet bills then the cost of the snake, I don't think so. Not if it is in fact a female.

It's a tough call. I personally would offer her a Black Pastel male at 50% off and she can keep the female for what she paid for a male. That's me though. I wouldn't have shipped in such cold weather, so the RI situation that required a vet would have been a non-issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog