Eastern Indigo Hatchlings - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pine, Bull, Gopher & Indigo Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:55 AM   #51
Hector
Gimme a break! It's all about the money. Face it people! I'll bid $100.00!!

Old 09-18-2006, 05:47 AM   #52
DesertHerper
While I thank you all for the "help" and information I would call myself fairly educated on snakes.. I would say when it comes to snakes I'm at 50% and while there is a lot of room for growth having kept 500 snakes at a time and working with 20+ different types at a time all with different needs I welcome a challange..

In fact, the smallest of the Texans I purched was only interested in eating a snake.. Granted it was early on to have any real worry I enjoy the fact that one of the three wanted to be picky.. I tossed a baby corn in there just yesterday and sure as can be she jumped all over it! I sort of pinched off the section of the corn snake the TX had grabbed and as she was working her way to the head of the corn swapped a pinky in its place.. She ate that one without issue and took the next without thought or the help of the corn snake!

Anyway, I understand what you're saying and in this market I think the Drys should be $10,000, hell if a ball is worth that the dry should get 10x that!! However putting my value on a snake doesn't sell it.. You can't spend hours telling me the woas of a snake then try to justify a higher price! That's like telling me how costly your Yugo is to keep running and then telling me that's why you're asking a lot for it! This is, has and will always be the snake that money motivated people just don't want to deal with!

Anyway, that's that, those are my views and it's not gonna change anytime soon.. I'll work with the snakes, thank those of you trying to help and let those of you that just wanna fight wake up as yourself as there's little I can wish on you that would be worse

Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #53
DesertHerper
As a side note, I know corn snakes, even adults are worthless in this market!

Old 09-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #54
Reverendbeer
Sigh.

Ok...I've read this thread and I really can't take this self-absorbed crap any more. DesertHerper, you really need to get over yourself. If you disagree with what others tell you, then ignore it. If you don't want to pay the prices offered, then don't buy one. If you really want one, then you will. Is it fair? Maybe, maybe not. Not my call. But, as this is the way things are, you're gonna have to accept it.

Since, as you said, your issue is, "purchasing a snake for $1,100 each and them not being able to sell," clearly, your intent is not care and breeding of an endangered species, nor would it be enjoyment of an exotic pet...no, clearly you want to make some money.

If you want to make money, as you seem to want to, I really wouldn't alienate the community you're trying to merge with....you're going to get a bad reputation and nobody'll buy from you anyway.

Oh, and when you post pictures, you should make sure that the copyright doesn't go to a dead web address. It's one of those little things that make selling whatever you wind up selling a little harder.

That was just a bit of advise...here's some more:

Old 09-20-2006, 08:54 PM   #55
DesertHerper
Quote:
Since, as you said, your issue is, "purchasing a snake for $1,100 each and them not being able to sell," clearly, your intent is not care and breeding of an endangered species, nor would it be enjoyment of an exotic pet...no, clearly you want to make some money.
Of course the other line of thought would be that since I don't care about selling them or making money on them I just want a snake that will sell itself quickly so I don't have to mess around trying to sell a damn snake.. Not being in the snake business spending 3 months selling one to "maximize profit" IS NOT my idea of a good time..

Quote:
If you want to make money, as you seem to want to, I really wouldn't alienate the community you're trying to merge with....you're going to get a bad reputation and nobody'll buy from you anyway.
Not like anybody is buying from anybody as it sits my friend.. Hell, there is yet another person trying to sell Easterns on kingsnake now.. That's four different people in two months!

Quote:
Oh, and when you post pictures, you should make sure that the copyright doesn't go to a dead web address. It's one of those little things that make selling whatever you wind up selling a little harder.
I didn't say go to the website, I didn't say to check the website and I'm not using it to sell snakes! The website is an entity, one that owns the pictures, thus the copyright stating this.. It is not an advetisement for business..

Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #56
thesnakeman
Some folks just have to have the last word no matter what. Just let her have it. She's not going to understand what she's being told anyway. Her skull is simply too thick.
T.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:12 AM   #57
beaverfalls
Eastern Indigos

There is always a species with herpers that holds us in awe for lack of a better word. A few weeks ago I had the pleasure or the privalige to visit
Robert Bruce where he does his work. I purchased 2 Red throated easterns.
A male and a female. To say that this guy doesnt Love what he does is
a understatement. For 3 hours I was lead on a tour of his facility/home.
It took him 2 hours to decide if he could part with 1 of 2 males that hes
fond of.It was like sitting in a biology class. One that youd love. He wanted
to make sure his Indigos where going to have the best care possible. I told
him that id like to breed them in the future. His answer was that theres not
enough Indigo breeders in the world. Unless youve never had the honor to
hold a 6 to 7 foot indigo and admired there beauty, intelligence,strength,
and at the same time gentleness you cant understand. They to me are
one of the 7 wonders of the reptile world. Yes they were not cheap and
im not going to say how much I payed. If there where alot of them out there
the price would be lower also. Dont forget they are an endangered species.
I know im a little over the top but hey We are talking about Eastern Indigos.
Hats off to people like Robert Bruce. I hope he gets rich! He deserves it!
Seth Smith Beaverfalls on this site.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #58
greg4000
my god shes right

marcia, your right. four whole people are selling indigos on kingsnake. the markets flooded, the price should drop any day now. i have to ask, are you completely retarded? it seems that way. do you understand that these are endangered? let me explain, it means that there are not alot of these left. given this, how could supply possibly be more than demand. have you not understood that these breeders are not doing this for monetary gain, as you seem to be. anyhow, i hope you and your 500 snakes are happy. the way i see it is im sorry to here you got into the drys. you shouldve stayed away and made money elsewhere. before you ask, no i do not keep these. however if i did, i would be more than willing to donate them to zoos or universities or possible to help repopulate the indigos in florida. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$
thats the wrong reason to want to deal with any drys, unfortunately you will realize this way to late i am sure.

Old 11-15-2006, 03:20 PM   #59
thesnakeman
Greg,
Amen.
T.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #60
brrrman
I currently have 32 breeder snakes and 6 breeder monitors and have already saved up over $500 towards an indigo project. Seems like someone with 500 snakes could come up with $2500 for a pair of indigos from a solid reputable dealer. Hmmmm unless you full of CRAP!!!!!

Phil Rotoli
Reptipets,Supplying upstate N.Y.
with the finest captive bred monitors
and snakes since 1999

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread