Dark Asper or light Asper that is the dilemma, lol. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2004, 07:07 AM   #1
A&M Gecko
Dark Asper or light Asper that is the dilemma, lol.

I'de like to have your vote on this, I prefer the dark Asper.
Alberto
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Road Warrior
There both real cool looking but I have to agree and would pick the darker one. Nice pic

Old 05-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
sbrech
i like both !

i like both colors, but i think the most gecko lovers would not care about that, they would say, just give the asper to me !!!

Well i think that you, ( same like me ) love different color mutations of geckos and so thats why we like both colors ( by thinking what comes out by breeding them) ?

regards stefan
PS. sorry for the big sized picture !

Old 05-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #4
KelliH
I guess if I had to pick I would pick the light one. They look like a different colored amyae. Are there any differences other than color? I think I read somewhere that asper get a little larger.

Old 05-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
A&M Gecko
Quote:
I guess if I had to pick I would pick the light one. They look like a different colored amyae. Are there any differences other than color? I think I read somewhere that asper get a little larger.
Is the other way around, amyaes get bigger. Yes, they are exactly like amyaes in shape, the only difference is color, size and most important rarity,
Alberto

Old 05-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
JasonKaline
Asper

I definately prefer the light Asper.

Jason Kaline

Old 06-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #7
frillman
Asper

Heck, I would be happy with either of them, but if forced to choose I prefer the lighter version.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
jenn_jeffery
I like the light one as well...

Old 06-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #9
robin d.
i must be the weird one because i love the look for the dark one. alberto, do you kniw if any physical characteristsics other than size that make them different? like scalation, head shape or eye location? i wonder if the asper are a true ssp. or if they are more of a locality of amyae or shoot ever for that fact amyea a ssp of asper?
cool geckos

Old 06-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #10
A&M Gecko
Quote:
i must be the weird one because i love the look for the dark one. alberto, do you kniw if any physical characteristsics other than size that make them different? like scalation, head shape or eye location? i wonder if the asper are a true ssp. or if they are more of a locality of amyae or shoot ever for that fact amyea a ssp of asper?
No Robin, you are not the weird one, I stated the same in my first post, I like the dark one as well. Robin, I will be able to tell you more about the difference when I receive my pair of Asper, they are not in my hands yet and cannot compare them with Amyaes up close. The more technical stuff, I am afraid I am not qualified to say that Aspers are ssp of Amyaes or the other way around. I think that Australians are the only ones that can research that fact up close.
Regards Alberto
PS: hope your eyes are doing better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!