Ackie and a Beardie??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
PsychoBillyNiki
Talking Ackie and a Beardie???

Does anyone know if full grown Ackies and Beardies can live together?
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #2
boybronco
No animals of different species should ever be housed together, it is stressful on the animals.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
PsychoBillyNiki
Leopard anf Fat Tail geckos live together.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 PM   #4
boybronco
Well if you want to get TECHNICAL.

No MONITOR should be housed with any other species of lizard, it is stressful and injury can occur to either party.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
PsychoBillyNiki
I understand I was curious because Ive seen their temperments and theyre pretty similar. I wanted an Ackie before I got my beardies, I bothered this guy at a local pet store for a good two months for one and he kept saying not for sale theyre breeders. I stopped shopping there and went back a month later and he had sold them for 100 each because no one wanted them! I was furious! Price was the reason I got beardies in the first place!
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-05-2006, 04:29 AM   #6
Savannah25
why would it be stressful on the animals? i heard of green iguanas being caged with bearded dragons..supposedly the iguanas dont mind an adult beardie resting on top of it..

Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #7
boybronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah25
why would it be stressful on the animals? i heard of green iguanas being caged with bearded dragons..supposedly the iguanas dont mind an adult beardie resting on top of it..
Did they tell you that?

How do you know they dont mind? Just because they aren't biting one another doesn't mean they aren't stressed...

Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
dragonsfire39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah25

That is the craziest thing i've ever heard. Why would you do that? They have completely opposite habitat requirements. Not to mention everything else.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
Savannah25
Guys...chill out...i was just wondering about the situation, no need to get so emotional over it. Point taken.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #10
dragonsfire39
Everyone is just trying to point out that it is horrible to the animals for many reasons. When you said you don't see the big deal, that's when people get defensive. The best thing to do is research the animals yourself and learn about their care

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread