Ackie and a Beardie??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM   #11
PsychoBillyNiki
What the hell? I was just curious because I saw them together at a pet store. I have beardies and was curious. I dont house anything together. I have a Nile monitor... you think Im stupid enough to take that chance!?!
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Savannah25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsfire39
Everyone is just trying to point out that it is horrible to the animals for many reasons. When you said you don't see the big deal, that's when people get defensive. The best thing to do is research the animals yourself and learn about their care

i never said it was a big deal...i was just asking about the legitimacy of housing those 2 particular species together..and why/why not. I was just curious like the last guy who posted, so there really was no reason to get defensive, that was a little uncalled for.

Id research it, but i was curious since i saw this thread, so i just went along with it. The rationale behind not keeping them together seems to make sense though

Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
PsychoBillyNiki
I dont see why people have to get all upset when someones curious. I think its unfair, how do you expect people to know everything? I mean they act as if were the ignorant ones. Let me ask you this: Who is more ignorant? The person who thinks they know everything or the person who has the guts to ask a simple question? Dont pick on little kids to make your selves feel high and mighty because hate to break it to ya.... youre not! So stop acting like Jesus.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #14
dragonsfire39
How is it any different than asking if you can house a parrot and a finch together or a clown fish and a goldfish. Honestly, noone on here is claiming to know everything but if you want to talk about ignorance, i'd say that the more ignorant one is the one who can't take constructive criticism on their lack of judgement without getting all bent out of shape about it. It honestly seems like you who is getting an attitude about it. As for the nile monitor, noone said anything about it so why was it brought up in a defensive mannor? I personally wasn't being rude but honestly, it's true that people don't care for the animal's well being but rather their own personal gain. If the bearded dragon was researched enough before it was bought, this question would never have been asked in the first place. That to me is ignorance. Buying an animal and not knowing much about it. It's not fair for that animal to suffer so someone can simply add another animal to their collection. I don't mind answering questions, and in fact i like helping people so that their animal may have a better life, but it's questions about what you can cram into a tiny tank or what you can stick together to save space that make me mad as it then is harming the animal. If there is no space available for another tank in someone's house then the best idea is to wait until there is.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:19 AM   #15
Kaa needs a wife
It's not always a bought thing either. I had two leopard geckos dumped on me and I knew nothing about them. I quickly did the short little amount of research and it was easy enough but when I got them I think I had seen them maybe twice before. and that was about it.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 AM   #16
PsychoBillyNiki
I only got upset when people started personally attacking me thanks. I dont think its fare that you think your more intelligent because I asked a dumb question out or curiousity... I saw them living together. It made me wonder. Whats so hard to understand!?!
Saving space is not the issue here. If I was saving space I wouldnt have any animals to begin with as they take up more space than I do. I think this is pathetic. Youre ganging up on little girls. Have fun jerk.

Im mad because I have been repeatedly insulted because of a question I asked after making an observation.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #17
dragonsfire39
First of all, you're age isn't shown. I don't know how old you are. So your picking on a little kid comment is invalid. For all I know, you could be 40.

Secondly, you need to learn how to listen to other people's advice rather than get offended. You're the one with the attitude problem, since you have resorted to name calling.

I have taken in rescues numerous times. And you wouldn't believe the conditions they have been in because people have wanted to buy them because it was the cool thing to do, or because they just wanted another pet. I've rescued an iguana that I literally couldn't tell if it was still alive. I've seen so many animals neglected because people just don't want to do research or look up any information about an animal. I've seen numerous animals with bone disease to the point where their growth was seriously stunted, their legs were bowed and their spines twisted. I rescued another iguana recently that couldn't even use it's front legs to walk because of such serious bone disease, and had to scoot around on it's hind legs. I had to put it through numerous injections and oral calcium treatments and even after all that his legs will never be to the point of where they were. And i'm sure that poor animal was in such pain. And all so the girl I got it from could tell me that she didn't notice. Not that she would care as she kept an iguana for gods sake in 20 gallon aquarium, in repti-bark, with a 60 watt heat bulb and that's it. It's hard to come on any forum after you see this stuff time and time again to see people continuously doing these things to the animals. It also get's to the point that it gets annoying because it's asked all the time.

What makes people so mad is when you make a comment like, "I don't see the big deal" after they've tried to explain the reasons to you. Instead of getting so overly offended, maybe you ought to listen to people that do have knowledge of the animals and maybe say ok, i understand. All people want is to help the animals to make sure that they have a decent life.

After this comment i'm done talking to you. It obviously gets me nowhere and I no longer want to waste my time. I'm sick of giving thorough explanations so that someone can resort to name calling because they can't take advice or hear that they may be wrong. God forbid that someone tell someone else they were wrong. Honestly, people are too proud anymore. So, anyway sorry for the rant.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:08 AM   #18
boybronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBillyNiki
I dont see why people have to get all upset when someones curious. I think its unfair, how do you expect people to know everything? I mean they act as if were the ignorant ones. Let me ask you this: Who is more ignorant? The person who thinks they know everything or the person who has the guts to ask a simple question? Dont pick on little kids to make your selves feel high and mighty because hate to break it to ya.... youre not! So stop acting like Jesus.
You claim to be a "pet sitter" but you dont know why housing a bearded dragon and an Iguana together is a bad idea? I would not leave you with my reptiles...

Old 09-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #19
Cat_72
C'mon guys......we don't need to resort to putting others down when they come here to learn. In all fairness, we had no way of knowing that the original poster was a "little girl", but to just give them the proper information without resorting to insults is going to be a lot more helpful to our up-and-coming herpers than driving them away from forums like this where they can actually learn something. The average person really doesn't know enough to not believe everything a pet store tells them, nor what online research to believe if they have found conflicting info......that would be why they come here, to people that they think they can actually trust to give them correct information. And I do believe it is in a kid's nature to question what they are told...LOL. They want to know WHY.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #20
boybronco
Well she claims to be an animal sitter...She was offering her services on this site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread