Ketchup and Mustard - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Missymonkey
Ketchup and Mustard

Scott and I had a small crisis with our marine tank awhile ago. We lost a huge chunk of our livestock. We had several shrimps, a royal gramma, a flame angel, a couple true perculas, a few blue damsels and a pink pseudocromis and within a month they all died. What was left was these 2 guys. i named them ketchup and mustard. They are a very healthy yellow tang, he had gotten rather sick and his fins started turning red, with TLC we cleared it up. And the yellow striped maroon clownfish, this litle guy came with an anenome, he harrased it too much and it died, then he attatched himself to a chondilactus anenome (long tentacles which normaly make it a less than common choise for clownfish), that one died too due to stupid clownfish, now we have some soft corrals once of which is frog spawn and he is trying to habitate those! He swims around and around it, like he's trying to plan his entry. I don't think he will kill these as he just swims above and around it. But who knows, it's saltwater one day it's gorgeous and the next you have hair algae up the wazoo!
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2003, 02:44 PM   #2
Missymonkey
and mustard, you can see the frog spawn behind and to the right of him... by all the hair algae (arg!) The blue blur is Ghetto Cooler the yellow tail blue damsel, named G.C. because that's what he came in. And behind him you can see two legs of a star fish which floated up on shoar while we were visiting FL. and happened to be alive!
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #3
Intense Herpetoculture
Why is your system unstable? What type of filtration do you use and do you preform any water changes?

Old 10-28-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
VipVenom
soft coral

Hey missymonkey,
My roommates have a 50gal saltwater here in my appt. in Orlando, Fl. I was wondering about soft coral. Are these easier to keep than hard coral? Also do you need that special super watt light fixture for the soft as well as the hard corals?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!