Info Greenview aviaries (terrible zoo) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Night light
Greenview aviaries (terrible zoo)

My name is Luc Lanteigne and I feel this thread is needed to stop people going to this awefull place and have it shut down once and for all.

Today I went to a zoo with my friend because she wanted to go. I have not gone in years and could not remember much of what it was like there. I was disgusted with almost everything I saw. Lions and bears in cages far to small, no clean water, dirty cages period. It was not kept up at all. The place was packed with people and I felt like I was the only one who could see any of this. What hurt the most was the reptile exhibits, if you can even call them that. Here are some pictures of that.

The rat snake was in a cage full of feces, shed skin and dirtiness all around, doesn't look like it has been cleaned in months or more, had some sort of jaw issue, could not shut its mouth. I did not take a picture, I was so infuriated, two spectacle caiman, 3 feet long, deformed mouths/jaws living in water 6" deep, 3 feet long and 2 feet wide, cage was only 8x6 with a random basking lamp. Picture of the alligator is in a cage 12'x6'. The water area was 10'long, 3'wide and maybe a foot deep, alligator was over 9 feet long and you could barely see it the water was so dirty. Tegu was obese or egg bound, I don't know what it was but it was not healthy at all. Boas where in a dry, dirty cage. As you can see the one looks fine, the other was emaciated with stuck shed all over it. Finally the monitor was in a 2x4 cage and was obese. They had a large burmese python too, I could not get a good picture, it was obese and in a super dry cage(hardware wire style cage). I was very upset with this but know one else visiting saw any problems. There was more but I could not stay, it ruined my whole day.

So I need to ask. I want to report this place and bring them to the ground, they are making a killing off of the abused and mistreated animals and it needs to stop. Who do I get in touch with?

Thank you.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
snakemanward
I think I've heard of this Zoo,

Where is it located?

Robert Ward

Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Night light
This place is located in Morpeth Ontario off of Talbot trail. I'd advise know one to support them.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
snakemanward
Have you called the SPCA on these people?

Robert Ward

Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Night light
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemanward View Post
Have you called the SPCA on these people?

Robert Ward
I did not know who to call, yes I will get on that asap.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
belleghem
That Gator's water almost looks like mold growing on the top. Disgusting!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
belleghem
Just sent them an email with the link to this thread maybe they will come and say something about this.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
KitaCat
Does anybody know if this place is still up and running and/or if they've cleaned up their act? Their website is up, but their Facebook and Twitter accounts haven't been updated in 6 months or so. I'm disgusted by the state of the animals in those pictures.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
Night light
As far as I know its still going "strong"....

Old 01-31-2016, 11:07 AM   #10
GreenAvenger
I'm from the area and I heard they had to fix some of their enclosures. Haven't been there in years so I'm not sure of it's current state.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!