Inquiry C and C Tortoises - Radiated Tortoises - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
cnturt
C and C Tortoises - Radiated Tortoises

Has anyone dealt with C and C Tortoises from BC? They have radiated tortoises available on RC. As far as I can find online, you can keep a citesI animal if it is already in Canada (unless it is a native species), but can not export without all the paperwork. Can you ship them between Provinces?
Am interested, but want to know the legalities. Thanks.
Dan Sever

Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
cnturt
Submitted too quick... a guy named Dan Sever from Toronto years ago also had radiated, but I lost his contact info, so it seems a few are around.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
cnturt
Any thoughts on this? Would like to know as much as possible and ensure everything is on the up and up. Chris

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
31drew31
I have never actually purchased anything from C and C but was at his home once about a year ago looking at stars. He showed me his whole collection and seemed very knowledgable. All animals looked great and the enclosures were clean and roomy. I had never seen radiateds before and they are much nicer in person then the photos you see online.

Andrew

Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Dave Deane
I have not purchased from them either but have been exchanging emails with Mike for a while now. He is definetly very knowledgable, and helpful when it comes to torts. Great guy to talk to, and I plan on purchasing from him in the future.

Dave

Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
C and C Tortoises
As C and C Tortoises is now on the BOI, we thought we'd share some information about us. My name is Jeremy and I'm the night supervisor of a company in Ontario where I've worked for the past 14 years. My business partner, Mike has been a police officer for over 20 years and lives in B.C. Mike and I met and became good friends after I purchased 3 star tortoises from him in 2009. We're both lifelong reptile enthusiasts and have produced many species of venomous and non venomous snakes, but enjoy keeping and breeding tortoises in particular. As such, we formed C and C Tortoises to begin a large scale breeding project.

Together we're currently working with 7 different species of tortoises including red foots, leopards, Hermann's, pancakes, stars, spiders and radiateds. We're dedicated to providing the best care possible through proper nutrition, lighting and overall husbandry. The health of our tortoises is our number one priority.

We also maintain contact with Environment Canada and Mike has invited wildlife officers into his home to view his entire collection. The purpose of this is to ensure that everything we're doing is legal, including the production, sale and transport of CITES 1 tortoises within Canada.

We're working on a website but if anyone has questions or comments in the meantime, please feel free to contact us through a PM or via email at candctortoises@hotmail.com. Either Mike or I will reply promptly.

Thank you,
Jeremy Cole

Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
C and C Tortoises
Hi everyone,

We've had numerous requests for a web site and we're happy to finally announce that our web site is up!

If anyone's interested, there are hundreds of pics of the seven species we're working with. The pics were taken over several years and really show the changes in the torts as they grew.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay! Enjoy the web site!

Here's the link:

http://www.candctortoises.com/

Jeremy, Mike, Dave and Yang

Old 11-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
K9dr
I can highly recommend C&C tortoises. I have one of their tortoises and I have had the honor to have had Mike be a client of mine for the last 5 years. Given how often in practice I see juvenile tortoises that are riddle with parasites, I do not give out my recommendation lightly

Dr. Adrian Walton DVM

Old 11-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
K9dr
Also how often I see URI, and the hatchling that I have from them has been problem free.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
C and C Tortoises
We are happy to announce that we are now working with 9 species of tortoises including; red foots, leopards, Russians, Hermann's, pancakes, Bell's hingeback, stars, spiders and radiated.

Our team has expanded as well.

Jeremy, Mike C, Yang, Dave, Mike P, Louise, Jenn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!