Inquiry Steve semerko - peterborough reptiles? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #1
reptile boi
Steve semerko - peterborough reptiles?

Has anyone dealt with steve semerko of peterborough reptiles? He has a website for his "import" business as well as a facebook page for his pet shop/reptile zoo. Other than that i had not been able to gather any info on whether he is a good guy or bad guy aside from a few happy customers that bought a few feeders from him on his facebook page.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
reptile boi
Update:

Back in april i had inquired about an indonesian/south american import that steve was putting together where the animals were due to arrive during the summer months of 2014, i got the list of animals that were available and thought i would place a small order to see how it all goes (having never dealt with steve before and not finding any good guy/bad guy info on him either on reptilescanada or on the canadian board or inquiry).

I sent steve a deposit of $200 back in march/april and never really got much of any updates from him. I did ask if i could change my order at one point and steve accommodated my request accordingly. After another month or so goes by, i was told there was a delay due to a few back outs on the order. A little more time later (late july-early august) i received an email from steve with an invoice of an additional $150 for the shipping and telling me that the animals would arrive august 29th, i asked if i would be able to pay him that amount once the animals arrived (i have joined an import with another fellow about a year or so ago and he would send me updates every 2-3 weeks without me inquiring and was absolutely top notch to deal with, i was less than impressed with steve's services and at this point i was hesitant on sending more money with all the delays going on.

I did not hear anything from steve for about 2 weeks or so and that is when i made my inquiry post on him here and as well as on reptilescanada.
After my original inquiry post on both here and reptilescanada steve touched base with me in under 24hrs, i had asked if there were any updates as its been a while since this order was suppose to come in on august 29th (its early september at this point) and he said there were no updates as of yet.

Recently (october 5) i sent him 2 text messages as well as an email asking if there was any chance this order would come in before the end of october and if not i would like my full deposit back as the weather is getting colder and i do not want to risk the animals especially mine getting sick. I have not yet received a reply yet and will update this thread once i hear from him.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
RCK-
I know Steve, met him a few times and been into his store in Peterborough.

I'm also part of this same indo import.

I notified Steve of this post and will let him respond here if he chooses.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
geckotailz
I am of the same import and have nothing good to say. I have had no luck getting any owed money back nor getting an answer with any meaning back regarding the imports that were suppose to come in April/may. I do have screen shots of all conversations and receipts of payment with no product.......I will never order through him again. We have been screwed over thus far......his answer is he didnt "make us pay, we chose to pay it"

Old 11-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
geckotailz
Important alert:
SR Imports canada / Steve Semerko

We ordered a small shipment through Steve's import business, trusting him with our money to get the reptiles delivered. The original arrive date was April/May 2014
After numerous "delays and added charges" we were told along with the 14 others who ordered that Steve had to put out another 900ish dollars in fees to get them here. The group of customers agreed together in a group message to pay $60 more each to make final payment. Few members paid, including us. We decided with confirmation that the animals wud be shipped post final payment of $430 monies owing, that we wud front the cash and the importer (Steve)wud collect the $60 per person to pay to us. We paid it off at the beginning of October, Steve did not send the money to indonesia for a week after receiving it from us (so he says). Now being November 25, long after payment, still nothing, he says hes received no confirmation to ship date. We asked him to send the collected money from other customers to us via e transfer,he then said only two people now owe which would be $120 ...so i asked him to send us the other $250 he must have if only 2 people owe. He then tells me he is not collecting it as we paid it. He then tells me I can contact his customers asking them for the money . He also said hes not saying when he will pay us anything back as he never asked us to pay we did it on our own.
In a nut shell we r out over $900
I highly recommend avoiding any business dealings with him like the plague
All questions asked are avoided and we r given horse shit excuses month after month, like "indo manager has cancer so they need a new manager....." etc
This is not a trust worthy business
Here is some of the message
Shannon Brandon
Apparently indo is going to be on its way again?? All those besides ****** who send u their $60 prior to animal pick up can be directly e transfered to us at sha****************ail.com .....

11/23, 7:01pm
Steve Semerko
I'll let them know was only 2 other people

11/23, 7:15pm
Shannon Brandon
So u have the remaining 250 already paid to u to send us then? We paid our 60 then 430 - gravels 60 = 370 - 120 that 2 remain owing....=250 u owe

11/23, 7:34pm
Steve Semerko
That money is in indo...since it's coming out of my pocket yet again I have to wait till I have it...I didn't collect the other 120 as the 430 got paid. It was from Andrew ******* and Justin ******** so you would need to talk to them

11/23, 7:45pm
Shannon Brandon
We paid it in advance so it wud be shipped 7-10 business days from payment. You were to still collect the agreed $60 per person prior to them receiving shipment order as agreed by everyone. I do not need to talk to anyone but u, since i do not know them as is, we did u a favor , and for what Steve to still have no product 7 weeks after payment n full. Ur nit the only one with no money and two kids to feed. We have kirk ********* harassing and threatening us about the cooks boa he ordered, saying we ripped him off

11/23, 7:50pm
Steve Semerko
I can only do what I can. I will talk to Andrew and Justin for you but once again can't pull money from nowhere so can only get it to you when able. Not telling you I won't get it to you simply saying I don't have it as that money went overseas not to me and I'll get it to you when I can

11/23, 7:55pm
Shannon Brandon
Its not for ME your talking to them its to collect money for your imported product as u were suppose to as its your business. Since ***** knows the imports are coming , when are they coming, a date, I want an IOU $370 with a date the money will be returned, We r tired of being screwed around , as it seems......This has been the worst experience with a business we have ever had, and all other importers have told us this is not right

11/23, 8:05pm
Steve Semerko
Not getting into this.******* was not told a date just simply what i was told which was CITES Is being renewed which takes a few days and should be able to ship shortly after. No date yet. You guys chose to pay the 430 which was helpful but I did not tell you to. Nor did I tell you it would be shipped 7-10 business days later. I am not screwing you around and agree this situation has been less than ideal but as I said when I have cash I can reimburse but as to when i will have it I can't give an exact date. I will do what I can when I can and will try to do it sooner than later. That's all I can say on the matter at this point

11/23, 8:08pm
Shannon Brandon
Ya chose to pay so we wud get our agreed animals, if we didnt pah it it wasnt coming....fuck this Steve , u r bullshit. U will contact clint when his animals get here and u will pay us back what u owe. I dont think this needs to get messier than it is, and it cud

Old 12-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
PeterboroughReptileInc
Hi this is Steven Waldock the president and owner of Peterborough Reptile INC. I just want to clarify with everyone that my reptile specialty store has nothing to do with Steve Semerkos Import business, (SR imports Canada, Serpentes Reptile). He has not worked here for a while and his business is not at all associated in any way with mine. Also want to thank all my customers for a great year.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #7
deadvenom-x
So, In response to some shit said to Steve.. Ill 110% DEFEND him. Honest, trusting person! Some people just dont understand imports!

Posted to Steves page:
"This is not a business, it is a scam artist who is sneaky and untrustworthy. Taking a year to get animals in, pretending they are dead. Sending some to a rescue. Giving customers ordered animals to other friends of theirs who didn't even order the species. This business should be shut down by animal rights they way they disregard animal life. Sitting at a bar scamming with friends while buyers wait for 8 hours to be told most animals died. Then seeing animals that were dead on a face book page, alive!!"

My response???
Why would someone dare post such a thing??
Firstly...maybe look at yourselves and see who the true scammers are.
Think about it...who had the largest order? You.
You were not the only one to import say, Green Tree Pythons...so why do you think you deserve every little bit of everything? Sorry, but nobody recieved EVERYTHING on their order...hell, some got nothing! Suck it up. Now a day, life isnt all fun and games...Steve was a very fair man, splitting species to ensure someone got something; everyone deserves a share. Imagine...wanting the animals you ordered, but someone who ordered a certain amount of said species refused to give any of them up? Would you want at least one or two?Absolutely would! And clearly, you did. How do you think the others feel who were unable to because of your greed? Not all of the Red Tailed Green Rats came in...even the amount on the list wasnt the proper amount. So guess what? It was split between buyers! I even went out of my way to pay another guy for one of the Rat Snakes ...I couldve easily said "Hey, those are all mine" ...but no, I wouldnt want someone to do that to me....so, you reason. It's called respect, which you clearly do not have.
As for the "Dead"..Im quite sure BOTH OF YOU were standing RIGHT THERE when we had an emergency rush to the car to throw everything in to be warm. And YOU WERE THERE to see us check ALL of the bags for any life. They ALL were near dead, some dead, and some we thought were goners. Why? The sheer cold.(Which Ill get to later)
A friend of ours took all of the dead/assumed dead into his car for a few HOURS and some turned around very slowly...so dont say Steve fucked you over something dead! You saw it happen, and it was a legit thought! Guess what...
This would not have happened if you didnt threaten legal action against Steve... ever think about WINTER? Overseas will have many issues that cause delays...health issues, animal issues, weather (typhoons etc), Weather in Canada effects alot..and the inbetween points. Exporters like from Indo are money greedy...they dont care about the little guy (Steve in this case)...he doesnt have the money to flaunt at them, so we are the last on their list for export. Just gotta deal with it! Waiting is apart of importing ...in my opinion, you guys should just stick with local breeders, just dont freak over a weeks delay.
So in the end..WTF is the problem? Must feel good that you guys almost killed everything over greed...give it about 10 more minutes and it would have happened. All because you FORCED shit to go down when it should have waited!
As for the bar? Yup..we went! Why? Because there was no fucking point staying at the airport if the plane hasnt landed. We cant call the pilot to demand a landing in bad weather...but wait...you seem to be good at that. Maybe you should have! It's called flight delays sir. It happens. They have to get cleared, and customs to clear shit as well...more BS than you know happens behind the scenes. So, you might as well do something while you wait right? Sorry you didnt like that and couldnt control where we went.
Waiting is apart of the import game...delays NO MATTER WHAT. Anywhere from a few months to yes.. a year! Steve was out of control with that. He cant make anything happen without cooperation from the exporter. What else is there you need to say? Im sure it can get answered..I dont get why you threaten with legal action when the proof from start to finish is there....plus witnesses. That's just a losing battle..
Essentially, in the end you recieved free animals....you got your money owed, and still complain about not getting every little drop of scale in that import. You recieved more than anyone else.
Imports just need to wait sometimes, Sad that you had to threaten somebody to force a winter shipment. Congratulations on getting your way, risking life, causing deaths due to the fridged temps...congrats on scamming/stealing other peoples reptiles from them for yourself! Seriously..congrats! Talk about selfish and a black eye on the industry. Shame you had to bullshit and lie over ONE friggin snake. You saw us sorting the live from dead/thought was dead, and we legitally thought so until hours later of a friend ressurecting the "dead". Unfortunately, I hate to say it but you are disgraceful,irresponsible and disrespectful to both people and reptiles.

What more..Pearson was on the news today about the weekend flight delays. Gee!

Normally, I would contain this shit...but enough is enough!

Many people will back up Steve!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
deadvenom-x
In said paragraph starting with "You were not the only one to import say, Green Tree Pythons...so why do you think you deserve every little bit of everything? " ..Im not implying you bought GTPs...its an example use.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
geckotailz
I got six animals how the fuck is thatthe biggest order. I will reveal all messages from others into one Bio. Also all legal documents. John ordered 36 and received 3 ....you four scammed everyone. We were not stupid enough to fall for it. I have all Steves back tracking messages saved and my lawyer has copies. It wasnt a week late it was a fkn year late. Hes now also giving people whiw didnt order a damn thing animals that were tl go to One of the customers.....keep lying it gets you far. We were nothing but honest and provided money when others wud not. Once we get shit on and lied to, thats it. YOU sat in the fucking airport not realising who you were bad mouthing for wanting borrowed money back was sitting right beside you. You tossed thought dead animals outside into winter air instead of tending to them properly. They were cold not dead...
You are not an importer, you are someone who came in ran her mouth. I didnt order through you. I have spoke to big importers who said this was wrong.... Your damn right i want what i paid for. The "dead" animals are in the scammers apartment. I doubt you want to involve yourself in this further....funny how one can lie saying their dead, i call my lawyer and within the hour they are alive and well......thats a scam, lie and down right dirty

Old 02-04-2015, 02:13 AM   #10
deadvenom-x
Well I can man up and apologize for so calles bad mouthing..which really, I didnt and would talk about bad mouthing if I were you..

All i said was " what happened to the crazy talking lady?"...honestly too. You were beyond unprofessional and borderline psychotic publicly.

And 36?? Uummm no! He ordered 24 X. vittatus(2 came in but dead) and 4 Gonyosoma...which was three because we split it with another person.

All Im getting across is the fact that imports ALWAYS will worj this way
.and if it cant be accepted, dont do them. Im a customer, just like you in this...I helped Steve out because I have impory background. So dont assume you know the facts when clearly you and everyone else has no idea of even half of what happens behind the scenes. Its very complex!

Ill again, man up and say sorry for rough speaking, but its frustrating when accusations fly about something out of anyones control...and lies come out rathwr than fact ypu dont know

We all deserve an opinion, but use real facts. You dont even know what goes on....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!