Bad Guy Dan Margot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
Gary Leverton
Dan Margot

So back in October of last year, Dan Margot had posted an ad on a Canadian Reptile forum selling a trio of Aurora House snakes. I inquired about them to see what kind of deal I could get if I bought all three. Here are the emails we sent back and forth throughout most of the transaction. Things went really smooth for the most part up until the shipping day.

Daniel Margot 10/30/15
Hey man I cannot go lower than $250 each unfortunately. Dan On 10/30/15,

Gary Leverton 10/30/15
Can you ship with reptile express?

Gary Leverton 10/30/15
I will take all 3 if you can ship with reptile express.

Daniel Margot
10/31/15

to me
I am happy to ship with reptile express at your cost. I am an importer/exporter so I will ship anywhere. Where are you based?

Regards
Dan

Gary Leverton
10/31/15

to Daniel
That's great! I'm willing to pay any shipping. Reptile Express ships to Lloydminster, SK which is where I'm located.

Daniel Margot
10/31/15

to me
Ok great. I have already organized a box. I'm not sure how much
shipping will be yet ill pack as small as possible. If you EMT me a
75% deposit they are yours. Once shipping cost is verified ill let you
know how much the last payment will be.

Thank you for your business

Kind regards

Gary Leverton
10/31/15

to Daniel
OK. 75% has been sent. Password is housesnake.

Daniel Margot
10/31/15

to me
Ok got it thanks. I'll get back to you asap on how much shipping will be.

Thanks
Dan

Gary Leverton
10/31/15

to Daniel
Ok sounds good.

Daniel Margot
11/2/15

to me
Hey man could you please send me your address with postal code. If you
have already sorry if I missed it

Gary Leverton
11/2/15

to Daniel
*my address*

Daniel Margot
11/3/15

to me
Reptile express want me to use one of their boxes I think which will be smaller than the one I have. I am just waiting for a total. I will forward you the email from them so you know all costs are legit.

Regards,
Dan

Gary Leverton
11/3/15

to Daniel
Ok sounds good.

Daniel Margot
11/4/15

to me
Ok Shipping total is $116. I have to use all their packaging so once
the remaining 25% and shipping fee is paid I'll order the shipping
supplies and send it off. EMT as soon as you like.

Regards
Dan

Gary Leverton
11/4/15

to Daniel
Remaining balance has been sent. Password again is housesnake.

Daniel Margot
11/5/15

to me
Hey there just letting you know I am waiting on the shipping stuff to
arrive (box deli cups etc. As soon as I have them and have a chance I
will drop them off at the pickup point. I will of course let you know
before they are sent.

Dan

Gary Leverton
11/6/15

to Daniel
Perfect thank you. Would you happen to have individual pics of them? I'm pumped. These have been on my must have list for a few years now.

Daniel Margot
11/7/15

to me
Whatsapp me on *********** ill send you some pics

Gary Leverton
11/9/15

to Daniel
Forgot to ask if they were cb or wc

Daniel Margot
11/9/15

to me
Oh everything I have has been CB.

Gary Leverton
11/9/15

to Daniel
Cool thanks.

From here on out we communicated via text.

Nov. 7/15
Dan sends me pics of the 3 house snakes.
I thanks him.

Nov 11/15
Dan sends me a picture of the Reptile Express shipping box and lets me know that he will either ship out on Mon, Tue, or Wed.
I thank him again.

Nov. 14/15
Dan lets me know he will be shipping on Monday. He also asks if I am able to take a phone call.
I take a call from Dan moments later. He states that he will only be sending me 2 snakes in the shipment because one of the 3 wasn't doing so well. He said if it starts to pick up and start eating again he would ship it at another date. He also said if it doesn't end up eating he would send me a refund for the 3rd snake.
I agree to that arrangement.

Nov. 16/15
Dan ships the 2 snakes.

Nov. 17/15
The snakes arrive between 3:40 pm - 3:50 pm. I open up the box as soon as it arrives. To my surprise, both snakes have died. I text Dan immediately after I have confirmed they were dead at 4:00 pm. He tells me he will get in touch with reptile express.

Nov. 20/15
I don't hear back from Dan for a couple days. I send him a text asking if he heard back from Reptiles Express. He responds over an hour later stating that "They are not wanting to refund any money. Im nursing this little one but still hasn't taken any food. I'll start plans to refund for the snakes next week."
I thank him.

Dec. 1/15
I hear nothing from Dan for over a week. I text him "You wouldn't have a date as to when?"
He apologizes for not responding and says he was called out to work for an emergency. He says he will send money as soon as he gets home on the following Monday.
I thank him.

Dec. 12/15
Over a week and I haven't heard back from Dan. I send him a text reminding him just in case he may have forgotten. He assures me he has not forgotten and promises money the next night.
I thank him.

Dec. 15/15
Dan sends me a text stating he still hasn't forgotten about the refund. He says he had someone that was supposed to pick up snakes over the weekend but the sale was postponed. He says that the person will be picking up snakes on Thursday and will send me money as soon as he gets it.
I thank him.

Dec. 22/15
Dan sends me a text stating that the snakes will be picked up this week. He will send me money as he gets it.
I thank him.

From this point, our texting back and forth stops. I try sending him a text on Jan 19/15 stating "So it's been a few weeks. Just wondering what's happening? Did that 3rd one start eating?" I don't get a response.
I haven't heard a word since Dec. 22/15.

I'm not upset about not being refunded for the 2 snakes that died. It was never agreed that if they did die he would refund me. What does upset me is the fact that I paid for all three snakes and never did get the 3rd one. He most likely was refunded the shipping cost by reptile express as well which I paid for. I am now out 366.00 that doesn't include the cost of the 2 snakes that died (which was another 500.00).

Old 09-05-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
belleghem
Any update on this?

Old 09-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
yeloowtang
you could also try to contact Sam at reptiles express and see if he even bothered with a claim, and maybe they can tell you if he did get a refund which would make this guy a thief for keeping the refund $ and the third snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!