Bad Guy brian horton a real piece of work - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
reptile396
brian horton a real piece of work

I,m not usually the type to go online whining about stuff like this but this guy has had my money for over 5 months and obviously has no intentions of making good on his end. he was paid on mar 19 by emt for some reptiles he was selling on kijjii.it took till apr 3 to get part of my order delivered. I wouldn t normally pay up front by emt but thought I was dealing with a reputable reptile dealer( I hadn t seen the other numerous threads yet).i paid for delivery due to having a badly broken ankle & subsequent failed surgery to repair it leaving me unable to walk for an extended period. still not having my first order fulfilled I was dumb enough to send brian more money after seeing his ad for feeder pinky rats on apr 15. after dozens of excuses,texts and phone calls I even offered to take stuff he had in stock just to get the debt settled but his last text to me said it all. any advice as to how to deal with a guy this? thanks...rob m
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
Andy_G
Not the first time he has been extremely unprofessional and has screwed someone over. I am sorry that you had the misfortune of dealing with him. Is there anyone you know and trust who can go to his store personally on your behalf?

Here's a link to more on him: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=560896

Old 08-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Reptile Kings
I'm very sorry you're dealing with this low life.

As a side note: Who said he's "reputable"? He's anything but and all the major suppliers and dealers don't sell anything to him anymore. He's a nobody.

I'll be very blunt. You won't get your money or your order. This is from talking with many of his customers and my own experience with his aggressive personality.

Avoid him as well as his business partner/friend Dan Perissinotto. They don't like when they don't get a small refund from someone, but when they owe their clients money (and they owe thousands at this point!), they will outright ignore them and throw profanity. Absolutely zero filter on their mouths.

Both of them used to call us YELLING and threatening this and that. Cops got involved.
We now record all phone conversations because of those two. I just wish we had that in place before. You wouldn't believe it if you heard it!

Screenshot Explanation:
Brian shipped a few golden tegus very carelessly this past winter and they perished in transit. He wouldn't replace the animals or refund them as well as the shipping to his client.
After that experience and hearing everyone else's experience with him as well as my own we placed him on our 'Do Not Service' list.
He had another shipment to go out the following week (iguanas), but we cancelled that and refunded his client the shipping amount as we knew he would just keep it for himself and not forward it to her. Again, based on knowing that's what he does. They weren't happy about that, and called 10 times a day, yelling all kinds of profanities. The screenshot is a SMALL taste of everything that went down.

You two are reasonably close to one another. Sue him in court and take all your text msgs etc with you and EMT screenshots. Should be a clear cut judgement.

But don't stress yourself out contacting him. It won't go anywhere.

P.s. He doesn't have a store. He does everything out of his house and he's very well known to by-law officers there with complaints from the public.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #4
reptile396
would be nice if we could get other people screwed over by brian to post their stories. might get a handle on the true scope of his dealings. if you know any send them to this thread or have them contact me...thanks for the input...rob m

Old 08-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
RoseK
Rob,

My advice is Small Claims Court. It only costs $75 to file, and you can represent yourself. You have enough evidence to prove that you sent the money, did not receive the animals, and that Brian constructively refused to address the issue. If they don't give you a satisfactory purchase or refund your money, you definitely have a case.

Ignoring a lawsuit is a risky thing to do: a friend of mine sued someone else for only $200, and when that party ignored the entire matter, the Small Claims Court judge ordered them to not only pay the $200 but all court costs as well. It came up to quite a bit of money. They STILL refused to pay, so their bank account was frozen until they paid. All for $200!

Old 08-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #6
reptile396
thanks for the input people. sadly if you sue someone supposedly operating a business that needs to steal from their customers to stay afloat then even a small claims judgement won,t get your money back. ya can,t get blood from a stone...rob m

Old 11-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #7
reptile396
well out of the blue brian contacts me to say the animals i paid for over 6 months ago are in and he will arrange delivery as per our original agreement, then weeks later wait for it............... nothing again! wow frustrating beyond beleif....
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2016, 04:07 PM   #8
reptile396
i will keep updating this thread no matter what the outcome , good bad or ugly...

Old 11-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #9
Robert Walker
His tone from the "**** me cripple" text... you can't be terribly surprised he didn't deliver yet again. Sounds like he is just messing with you, nothing more.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #10
reptile396
roger that, just spreading the word.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian horton, dan perissinotto