Bad Guy Exotic Serpents/Dave Chan - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #11
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRAES View Post
I'm wondering why this thread is even here.
What do you mean?

Old 11-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #12
RRAES
Since it was started with a fake account, why is it allowed to stand?

Old 11-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRAES View Post
Since it was started with a fake account, why is it allowed to stand?
I figured that is what you were asking but I wanted to verify first. A couple of thoughts:

1. It only appears that the OP is a fake account, but not certified fake.
2. No BOI threads are removed, that is what makes the BOI such a valuable tool, permanent record. The bad & the good. If the OP is officially outed as a fake and his/her name is revealed, this thread will stand as a record against them instead.
3. This thread on Dave is a prime example of why you don't remove threads. I personally have seen the following play out in this thread:

a. BC reptile community rally around Dave and show support. Great to see and I'm sure Dave appreciates it too.
b. Dave got to share his position and concerns to other non-BC people helping other shows and individuals do better outside of BC as well.
c. a boost to Dave's reputation versus what the OP had intended

I feel that Dave is a shining star in this and the only person with mud is the OP. I would suggest, all those that rallied around Dave should create "Good Guy" BOI posts. Those threads, as well as this one, will speak for themselves. Hope this helps put a little perspective on things.

In addition, thanks for your efforts with the Reptile Rescue, Adoption and Education Society.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #14
RRAES
Thanks Robert, all excellent points. And thank you for your kind words.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #15
ExoticSerpents
Hello Robert Walker

It seems to me that you either own or monitor this site. I am asking you if might have any further information on the author of the statement made against me, for example his ACTUAL IP address as it seems that you mentioned that he is from Maple Ridge, BC.

Quote:
3. His IP points to Maple Ridge - 11 hrs away from Edmonton listed in his profile.
If you do have further information on this individual and you are ethically and legally allowed to disclose this information to me either via this forum or if you wish to email me keepers@exoticserpents.com privately with all of the info that you might have which will aid me in finding this individual.

I have no hard feelings either way, I just would like to get to the bottom of this and find out just exactly what his problem is with me.

Thanks for your time.
David Chan

Old 11-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #16
ExoticSerpents
THANK YOU!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have written in to support me on this situation. It is truly very appreciated and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:39 AM   #17
Gemini Pythons
I would like to jump in here and add my two cents in here in support of Exotic Serpents.

I can scarcely believe that we're talking about the same David Chan here because the one you're describing sure isn't the one that we know who we has been working closely with and mentoring us for the past 5 years (7 if I include our very first ball python we purchased from them as a pet).

Both David and Norma Chan have been nothing but supportive of us and our fledgling business and have treated us like family offering 'round the clock support for any and all questions / requests regarding business or care. I place complete trust in them and their passion and love for not only their snakes but also the ones they have sold to us.

My wife and I have nothing but confidence in doing business with Exotic Serpents and we will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #18
ExoticSerpents
Update

Just wanted to update anyone who is following the BOI claim against me in that I was looking to take over the BCRC shows for profits.

I initiated a meeting with the board of directors of the BCRC to discuss how it is that a breeder who had a snake bred by him and confirmed to have IBD, was allowed to be vending at the Spring 2016 show. My goal was to have the board of directors follow the rules regardless of whether if they were good friends or not.

My fears have been confirmed as there are at least 10 confirmed cases of IBD coming from the same breeder. The infections have now also entered into Alberta. There are another 4 animals that I know of that have been sent off for PCR testing in Florida. The cost for the tests will be $600.00. Needless to say, this going to hurt the reptile community for the foreseeable future.

Whether or not we have shows in the future or not, really has no effect on our business as we have been around for over 23 years. It was my concern that hobbyists and smaller breeders who are out to establish their names, now will have a harder time doing so when the future shows are cancelled for fear of spreading more of the disease around.

Check out these links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5134...9658349778165/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5134...2753472801986/

Old 12-15-2016, 12:24 AM   #19
Melodie Parkinson
Are any of these cases mentioned on the boi? To clear the air, both Pete and I stepped down for personal reasons that have nothing to do with the club.

Pete never let his personal relationships influence his decisions when on the board, all major decisions were arrived at via a vote, nothing was decided unilaterally by one person.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:07 AM   #20
uglyun
I am Pete Hemstalk former President of the BC Reptile club. I'd like to state for the record it was not a case of me flexing my authority even as President I had no such authority to make such a decision. All decisions are made by majority vote. In my opinion there was no more evidence proving T&A was the source of the ibd than there was of you having a blood disease in your collection killing a bunch of your baby scoria boas. There were no BOI posts claiming there were other snakes from T&A showing signs of IBD so nothing to suggest T&A were clearly the source. That was my opinion then as it is now as since leaving the reptile community for the most part I'm out of the loop as to what is going on.

As for requesting a meeting? You, Chris and I sat at a table and had a conversation before I announced my resignation and not once did you voice concerns about any of this or requesting a meeting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!