Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 129 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-08-2017, 04:07 AM   #1281
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
stay away from this message board.
I believe Ty had no idea how widely read Fauna is, and how many views this thread is getting. I'm sure Ty's acquaintances are talking about it.
I'm sure Ty is embarrassed that his selfish actions are being read by so many, (not to mention the embarrassing legal problems/questions brought on by his running this raffle/lottery) and would like to see this thread go away or stop.

Ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:17 AM   #1282
Lucille
Quote:

Let the courts decide before passing any judgement.
Again, you seem to want to convince people that they cannot have an opinion on Ty's selfish behavior, and you are doing everything you can to hush people or tell them that they are not good enough to have their own opinions.
The BOI was created in order to help people make their own judgments. If every Bad Guy here started telling people that they could not judge for themselves, the BOI would not work. But the fact is that all of us can and do make judgments on who to deal with and who to avoid on the basis of information provided and that the BOI helps present information so that people can make their judgments.

And the fact is that statutes and rules apply to and are meant to be understood by everyone. One need not be an attorney to read and understand them.

Here's an interesting statute I referred to earlier in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
charity raffle
Florida has some precise statutes (and plenty of case law) pertaining to 'charity raffles':

The 2016 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 849
GAMBLING
View Entire Chapter
849.0935 Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties.
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Drawing by chance,” “drawing,” or “raffle” means an enterprise in which, from the entries submitted by the public to the organization conducting the drawing, one or more entries are selected by chance to win a prize. The term “drawing” does not include those enterprises, commonly known as “game promotions,” as defined by s. 849.094, “matching,” “instant winner,” or “preselected sweepstakes,” which involve the distribution of winning numbers, previously designated as such, to the public.
(b) “Organization” means an organization which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (8), (10), or (19), and which has a current determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service, and its bona fide members or officers.
(2) Section 849.09 does not prohibit an organization from conducting drawings by chance pursuant to the authority granted by this section, if the organization has complied with all applicable provisions of chapter 496 and this section.
(3) All brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks used in connection with a drawing by chance shall conspicuously disclose:
(a) The rules governing the conduct and operation of the drawing.
(b) The full name of the organization and its principal place of business.
(c) The source of the funds used to award cash prizes or to purchase prizes.
(d) The date, hour, and place where the winner will be chosen and the prizes will be awarded, unless the brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks are not offered to the public more than 3 days prior to the drawing.
(e) That no purchase or contribution is necessary.
(4) It is unlawful for any organization that, pursuant to the authority granted by this section, promotes, operates, or conducts a drawing by chance:
(a) To design, engage in, promote, or conduct any drawing in which the winner is predetermined by means of matching, instant win, or preselected sweepstakes or otherwise or in which the selection of the winners is in any way rigged;
(b) To require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of entering the drawing or of being selected to win a prize. However, this paragraph does not prohibit an organization from suggesting a minimum donation or from including a statement of such suggested minimum donation on any printed material used in connection with the fundraising event or drawing;
(c) To condition the drawing on a minimum number of tickets having been disbursed to contributors or on a minimum amount of contributions having been received;
(d) To arbitrarily remove, disqualify, disallow, or reject any entry or to discriminate in any manner between entrants who gave contributions to the organization and those who did not give such contributions;
(e) To fail to promptly notify, at the address set forth on the entry blank, any person whose entry is selected to win of the fact that he or she won;
(f) To fail to award all prizes offered;
(g) To print, publish, or circulate literature or advertising material used in connection with the drawing which is false, deceptive, or misleading;
(h) To cancel a drawing; or
(i) To condition the acquisition or giveaway of any prize upon the receipt of voluntary donations or contributions.
(5) The organization conducting the drawing may limit the number of tickets distributed to each drawing entrant.
(6) A violation of this section is a deceptive and unfair trade practice.
(7) Any organization that engages in any act or practice in violation of this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. Any organization or other person who sells or offers for sale in this state a ticket or entry blank for a raffle or other drawing by chance, without complying with the requirements of paragraph (3)(d), commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by fine only as provided in s. 775.083.
(8) This section does not apply to the state lottery operated pursuant to chapter 24.
History.—s. 1, ch. 84-181; ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-115; s. 216, ch. 91-224; s. 1, ch. 96-253; s. 1825, ch. 97-102; s. 1, ch. 97-108; s. 2, ch. 2013-2.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:11 PM   #1283
Deer
^ Yup, so he not only conducted himself horribly but he DID commit a crime according to our lovely state of Florida Not a major one, but one that would be on his record and cause him problems for many years to come. No wonder he's trying so desperately to intimidate OP into not going forward and having what is clearly - at the very least - one of his goons on here trying to shut her and everyone up about it (yet continues to do so despite it having the exact opposite effect, how many times do you have to stick your hand on the burner while it's on to finally figure out that it's hot and maybe you shouldn't touch it while it is on?)

Old 04-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #1284
Guy Castro
Quote:
Like I have said it all before, the other two winners got Tegus that they won and are very happy with. Sadly Michelle
got screwed by Ty.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #1285
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer View Post
^ Yup, so he not only conducted himself horribly but he DID commit a crime according to our lovely state of Florida Not a major one, but one that would be on his record and cause him problems for many years to come. No wonder he's trying so desperately to intimidate OP into not going forward and having what is clearly - at the very least - one of his goons on here trying to shut her and everyone up about it (yet continues to do so despite it having the exact opposite effect, how many times do you have to stick your hand on the burner while it's on to finally figure out that it's hot and maybe you shouldn't touch it while it is on?)
If Ty had competent legal counsel there's no way that he would have advised filing a defamation suit against the OP. There is no "pleading the Fifth" in a civil court trial. Anything that comes out during the discovery phase of the suit would be fair game for the prosecutors to use. There's also nothing stopping Michelle's attorney from contacting the prosecutors to see if there are any questions the prosecutors want answered.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #1286
filenamex5100
ill stop talking and vanish from this thread for $5000 made payable to the OP. ....just saying!! ;-)

Old 04-08-2017, 09:07 PM   #1287
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
ill stop talking and vanish from this thread for $5000 made payable to the OP. ....just saying!! ;-)

I would too. Or the t+ he is selling right now

Old 04-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #1288
The Hairy Whale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
(e) That no purchase or contribution is necessary.

(b) To require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of entering the drawing or of being selected to win a prize. However, this paragraph does not prohibit an organization from suggesting a minimum donation or from including a statement of such suggested minimum donation on any printed material used in connection with the fundraising event or drawing;
I didn't fully follow this thread from the start but these stand out as something that may not be legal. I assume that you had to give them money to enter the drawing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #1289
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hairy Whale View Post
I didn't fully follow this thread from the start but these stand out as something that may not be legal. I assume that you had to give them money to enter the drawing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Each ticket was 100 payable to the IRCF
I bought 4 tickets ($400)

Old 04-08-2017, 11:10 PM   #1290
The Hairy Whale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Each ticket was 100 payable to the IRCF
I bought 4 tickets ($400)
Were you required to purchase them as part of their conditions? From what I understand if they are responsible for running the auction, as a non-profit, and you are required to donate/buy to enter to win, they broke that section of the law as well as not giving the prize.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu