Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 134 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #1331
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Florida has some precise statutes (and plenty of case law) pertaining to 'charity raffles':

The 2016 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 849
GAMBLING
View Entire Chapter
849.0935 Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties.
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Drawing by chance,” “drawing,” or “raffle” means an enterprise in which, from the entries submitted by the public to the organization conducting the drawing, one or more entries are selected by chance to win a prize. The term “drawing” does not include those enterprises, commonly known as “game promotions,” as defined by s. 849.094, “matching,” “instant winner,” or “preselected sweepstakes,” which involve the distribution of winning numbers, previously designated as such, to the public.
(b) “Organization” means an organization which is exempt from federal income taxation pursuant to 26 U.S.C. s. 501(c)(3), (4), (7), (8), (10), or (19), and which has a current determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service, and its bona fide members or officers.
(2) Section 849.09 does not prohibit an organization from conducting drawings by chance pursuant to the authority granted by this section, if the organization has complied with all applicable provisions of chapter 496 and this section.
(3) All brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks used in connection with a drawing by chance shall conspicuously disclose:
(a) The rules governing the conduct and operation of the drawing.
(b) The full name of the organization and its principal place of business.
(c) The source of the funds used to award cash prizes or to purchase prizes.
(d) The date, hour, and place where the winner will be chosen and the prizes will be awarded, unless the brochures, advertisements, notices, tickets, or entry blanks are not offered to the public more than 3 days prior to the drawing.
(e) That no purchase or contribution is necessary.
(4) It is unlawful for any organization that, pursuant to the authority granted by this section, promotes, operates, or conducts a drawing by chance:
(a) To design, engage in, promote, or conduct any drawing in which the winner is predetermined by means of matching, instant win, or preselected sweepstakes or otherwise or in which the selection of the winners is in any way rigged;
(b) To require an entry fee, donation, substantial consideration, payment, proof of purchase, or contribution as a condition of entering the drawing or of being selected to win a prize. However, this paragraph does not prohibit an organization from suggesting a minimum donation or from including a statement of such suggested minimum donation on any printed material used in connection with the fundraising event or drawing;
(c) To condition the drawing on a minimum number of tickets having been disbursed to contributors or on a minimum amount of contributions having been received;
(d) To arbitrarily remove, disqualify, disallow, or reject any entry or to discriminate in any manner between entrants who gave contributions to the organization and those who did not give such contributions;
(e) To fail to promptly notify, at the address set forth on the entry blank, any person whose entry is selected to win of the fact that he or she won;
(f) To fail to award all prizes offered;
(g) To print, publish, or circulate literature or advertising material used in connection with the drawing which is false, deceptive, or misleading;
(h) To cancel a drawing; or
(i) To condition the acquisition or giveaway of any prize upon the receipt of voluntary donations or contributions.
(5) The organization conducting the drawing may limit the number of tickets distributed to each drawing entrant.
(6) A violation of this section is a deceptive and unfair trade practice.
(7) Any organization that engages in any act or practice in violation of this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. Any organization or other person who sells or offers for sale in this state a ticket or entry blank for a raffle or other drawing by chance, without complying with the requirements of paragraph (3)(d), commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable by fine only as provided in s. 775.083.
(8) This section does not apply to the state lottery operated pursuant to chapter 24.
History.—s. 1, ch. 84-181; ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-115; s. 216, ch. 91-224; s. 1, ch. 96-253; s. 1825, ch. 97-102; s. 1, ch. 97-108; s. 2, ch. 2013-2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoTortoise View Post
One raffle screw up isn't going to and shouldn't do a thing.
I think that is wishful thinking. The vast majority of those who have posted here have written posts unfavorable to Ty's behavior.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #1332
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
I will note, I don't believe having a criminal record makes a person 100% untrustworthy, especially when you don't know the details of the charges, but it is something to keep in mind when weighing the info they provide.

http://www.sheriffleefl.org/main/ind...47700209238018
These links have more recent info.
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Flor...141745230.html

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Flor...143221257.html

Old 04-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #1333
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
LOL, what a character reference for Mr. Parks

Remember what he said ... " I've seen where he tried to make it right. There's ALOT more to this that she's leaving out, trust me".

Now why wouldn't we trust you ? LOL

Old 04-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #1334
Fangthane
Quote:
How would OP feel if people start trolling her business partners and such?
Probably about the same way you'd feel if random people were to contact your past and current associates. The only real difference would probably be in the act's efficacy. I'd think any rational, objective person would likely be able to get behind the OP's pursuit of justice - making your proposed "trolling" an effectively futile act, if one's goal is simple character assassination.

On the other hand, there's always the chance that those surrounding you may actually possess the moral fiber that you're so obviously lacking. With that in mind, you may want to have some care about just what you're advocating. In a scenario where both of your motives/actions are juxtaposed for the express purpose of being judged by your respective peers, it's hard to imagine a world where you - someone rationalizing and enabling Ty Park's choice to victimize the OP, even after you'd admitted he was in the wrong - would come out of that comparison looking like anything other than a buffoonish shill for whom integrity is clearly an alien concept.

I'm not sure some people realize just how actively we're all being judged for every single post we make in this forum; just how many people are drawing lasting conclusions based solely on our own words.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #1335
Donald C
Quote:
Ty's reputation is solid. One raffle screw up isn't going to and shouldn't do a thing. OP is hurt, her feels got hurt and wants a little revenge. OP should thread carefully, OP has a business of her own. How would OP feel if people start trolling her business partners and such?

I have never bought anything from Ty, but I still will buy from him with confidence.
False, one screwup can break a reputation. Most especially when handled as badly as Ty has handled this one.

Then again, this isn't Ty's first screwup. Lynn mentioned how Ty did him dirty long before this case. If I was a betting man, I would be more than willing to bet that Lynn wasn't Ty's first.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #1336
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
False, one screwup can break a reputation. Most especially when handled as badly as Ty has handled this one.

Then again, this isn't Ty's first screwup. Lynn mentioned how Ty did him dirty long before this case. If I was a betting man, I would be more than willing to bet that Lynn wasn't Ty's first.

I would agree
Although not maybe too relevant to this particular case it is well known Parks made his money in real estate and it is also pretty well known that "screwing" others in that business is a fairly regular occurence.....

There is no doubt he has done many good deeds and that cannot be questioned.
Which really leaves me baffled
Was all of that a show and front put on to make himself appear more "saintly" and we are seeing the real Parks persona in this debacle here.
Or has he just let his self made ego go to his head and just sheer stubborness, pride and arrogance is all that is driving this particular instance?

Whichever I truly believe he will end up deeply regretting his actions even if he does manage to "buy " his way out of this with his attorneys etc.

Just another sad event in herpdom.....

Old 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #1337
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post

Don,
You are probably right about me not being the first, and I'd be more than willing to bet Michelle won't be his last.

Following this thread since the first post, It's obvious Michelle will be victorious in a court of Law, and get what's rightfully hers when it's all said, & done. It's really to bad she has to go through this.

As Always, the very best to you Michelle!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 04-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #1338
Sugarhedgie
This is all just all In my opinion I don't think many people would have or have stood up to ty.
I almost didn't but I will fight for what I feel is right.

You know that Sayyng money can buy anything..
Well I may or may not win the court case just because ty has more money and is willing to waste it fighting instead of just stepping up and settling this. But I will fight back as much as a can

Many times Publicly He has said that he was going to give me the purple t+
But I asked him in pm for one and he said no
On one of his fb post I asked him for clarification and asked if he was willing to give me one like he said. He didn't reply to the comment.
I asked him in pm as well right after and he said it's to late for that.

The court also asked him on the phone and he said no. He said he had already auctioned it off because I wouldn't give him my shipping info. (I would have if he would have told me what he was shipping me )
The court also asked him if he was willing to give me a t+ next breeding season (2017) and he said no to that too. He has only offered me the 400 back.

That is not right or Fair.

In august he told me to post "the conversation" on FB and he told me to sue him..
He posted on his fb.
I posted here and because he doesn't like how the thread here is going he is now suing me for deframation!!

This is insain, such a waste of money and the courts time. But it is what it is.

Like I've said before neither one of us is going to be a "winner"

Here is the whole fauna thread I photo copied (these are double sided)lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Don,
You are probably right about me not being the first, and I'd be more than willing to bet Michelle won't be his last.

Following this thread since the first post, It's obvious Michelle will be victorious in a court of Law, and get what's rightfully hers when it's all said, & done. It's really to bad she has to go through this.

As Always, the very best to you Michelle!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #1339
Pouky28
The winners will be the lawyers.They will advise you and Ty to keep figthing.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #1340
tcp2
Ty Park Settlement

Michelle, can your Attorney get this to arbitration so you do not spend a small fortune on Attorney's fees? It seems like a perfect case to be settled through arbitration.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu