I Will Grow Old With Dogs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
Cat_72
I Will Grow Old With Dogs

A dear friend of mine shared this with me, and I loved it....wanted to share it with my fellow dog lovers here.

When I am old...
I will wear soft gray sweatshirts...and a bandana over my silver hair.....
and I will spend my social security checks on wine and my dogs.
I will sit in my house on my well-worn chair and listen to my dogs' breathing.
I will sneak out in the middle of a warm summer night and take my dogs for a run, if my old bones will allow...
When people come to call, I will smile and nod as I show them my dogs...
and talk of them and about them......the ones so beloved of the past
and the ones so beloved of today....
I will still work hard cleaning after them, mopping and feeding them and
whispering their names in a soft loving way.
I will wear the gleaming sweat on my throat, like a jewel and I will be an embarrassment to all... especially my family... who have not yet found the peace in being free to have dogs as your best friends....
These friends who always wait, at any hour, for your footfall... and eagerly jump to their feet out of a sound sleep, to greet you as if you are a God.
With warm eyes full of adoring love and hope that you will always stay.
I'll hug their big strong necks...
I'll kiss their dear sweet heads...and whisper in their very special company....
I look in the Mirror...and see I am getting old....
this is the kind of person I am...and have always been.
Loving dogs is easy, they are part of me.
Please accept me for who I am.
My dogs appreciate my presence in their lives... they love my presence in their lives......
When I am old this will be important to me...
you will understand when you are old....
if you have dogs to love too.

~Author Unknown

Old 11-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Lucille
That is really beautiful..., thank you...

Old 11-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
ms_terese
OK, I'm torn here. Nice sentiments, but leaning towards the canine version of a "crazy cat lady"!

Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Cat_72
LOL, I kinda thought that too Terese....but I think I would be OK with that myself.

My animals don't care if other people think I'm crazy. That's the best thing about them.....well, one of the best things.... LOL.

But just think how much better the world could be if everyone cared even half this much about their animals.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
ms_terese
Quote:
But just think how much better the world could be if everyone cared even half this much about their animals.
No argument there. To take me one step closer to the "crazy dog lady" category, I'll have you know that if my dogs don't react well towards someone I take that very seriously and don't allow them in my home. My daughter even ended a budding romance that had lasted several months after our Harley girl wouldn't go anywhere near him. THAT turned out to be the best advice she'd ever gotten

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!